FragBU: Friday April 3rd, Saturday April 4th

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Yeah, remember that VCTF map that we used to play Greed for? (can't remember the exact map name, but it was snowy)

That map was hella hard -- my ping shot up beyond 200 and made it virtually unplayable. Shock rifle? Forgettaboutit. Rocket launchers? Yeah right.

I'm surprised I even killed ANYONE on FragBU. Seriously, it's hard as hell to hit anything with all the lag I get.

flak-spammer

flak-spammer literally
May 20, 2005
Canada
To be completely honest I wonder how people can play greed for so long and then not be able to play warfare. Greed to me is starting to become a bit of a stupid gametype.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Because cars are too "nub" for them, and killing everything in sight doesn't always mean you have a improved chance of winning.

The exact reason I voted for something else was because we had played Greed for at least the last half dozen matches, and after a few matches in a row of any gametype, I want something else. Even my favorite gametypes are a bit boring after 4-5 consecutive matches.

Oh well. Hopefully by next weekend's FragBU I'll have my 23" monitor, GTX 285 and E8400 to really stress the framerates. Gweheheh. :D

flak-spammer

flak-spammer literally
May 20, 2005
Canada
I just find that fragbu is becoming too much about winning (or whining) than about having fun and messing around. Perhaps you'll have more fun than I do with my poor 30" running at 1280x800. What a shame really it doesn't do UT3 or the monitor any justice.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
It was fun for the 5 or 6 matches of Greed I played, and then we manage to get Warfare voted in and it leads to a mass exodus of players from the server.

Sigh.

Most of the players who show up for fragbu dont like warfare. Get over it whiner. Honestly, I dont mind vehicles in greed, and I suppose I probably wouldnt mind vctf. Warfare or onslaught? Forget it. The mechanics of the gametype are stupid, and I probably would hate it if it was somehow done without vehicles as well.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I love your maturity.

whine.jpg

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Honestly, I dont mind vehicles in greed, and I suppose I probably wouldnt mind vctf. Warfare or onslaught? Forget it. The mechanics of the gametype are stupid, and I probably would hate it if it was somehow done without vehicles as well.

Get over it whiner!

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
I think FragBU was more social / fun as an experience in UT2004. Granted, I could never connect for more than 5 seconds because of my dialup. Nonetheless I could tell by all the forum posts back then about this-and-that FragBU weekend.

I think it's because there aren't enough people on FragBU. Remember those days on AS-Mothership when the server was chock-full with 32 people?