Fired Up Inf Servers for the Heck of it

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay, I just updated my DTAS to GitHub's UT99 469b patch - so it won't matter which you end up selecting. The server is set to only allow 469 clients, so you'll get a doubled up "Failed Connection" but sometimes you will see "you need to upgrade to the latest patch"

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
That's strange, I'll download it tomorrow and test it. I assume the file you got is the Infiltration2.9andUT99v469d.7z?

When you update your UT99 436 (or perhaps it was 451) to GitHubs's 469 there is another copy you have to do for Infiltration. After follow v469's instructions, you copy the v469's "System" folder into "...\UnrealTournament\Infiltration" folder. You have to do this because there is UT99 System files in there too.

Bedtime for me....

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
ok, I downloaded my Infiltration2.9andUT99v469d.7z package (got to love 1g Fiber), extracted, updated the shortcut and it launched and connected to both of my servers - no problems.

On the first post of this thread, that download was UT99 v436 - since I now have both servers running GitHub's UT99 v469b I updated the link. So there is no old(er) UT99 with Infiltration on this thread ;-)

Edit
@BooMHeaDSh0T reported to me in PM that he got it running last night on his Win10. Though unsure why it would not work on his XP machine.

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Oh, if you like to connect or pass around the IP/Port is: 47.160.16.205:27910 and if you do, let me know (same server IP is TeamSpeak3 Server) :cool:

I have updated my servers and clients to broadcast/query the Master Servers that I know of.

Code:
[INF_Browser_All_UT]
ListFactories[0]=INF_Browser.INF_BrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress==master.333networks.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=INF_Browser.INF_BrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[2]=INF_Browser.INF_BrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.eu,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Rats, I can't update the 1st post anymore!

So after days, if not a week, trying to figure out my old UT/Infiltration install and finding various downloads it seems the last things used was a pretty major Texture upgrade for Infiltration, called Psytex. As I was digging into setting this up I used a pretty cool file comparison tool for Windows called WinMerge to insure I had things straight. Though this let me to restart my Infiltration client / server setups for the 1,000th time. The Infiltration 2.9/WP CE package I found seems to have the Psytex upgrade installed, so that was my jump off point.

I started with Infiltration_2.9_CE_2013 and then various mutators from Beppo's post and even got some from @Psychomorph (I am sure he is tired of my PMs). Then I updated UT99 with HitHubs OldUT99 469. Then I went to town with WinMerge and coping in "found" mutators, camos, other weapon addons, etc. I can't say I got all the duplicated files between the various directories but I think I got the important ones.

After this I tested the package on my two Windows PCs. I also setup all the various ini files so you can run the batch file in the package for a dedicated server (with WebAdmin operational on port 8080). There is a simple readme PDF for the client side and a text file for ucc dedicated server. If you extract the contents as C:\Games\UnrealTournament(Inf_CE_WP161-Psytex)\ life will be grand with the shortcut and batch file for the ucc dedicated server.

Assuming you have a UT99 install, DON'T take my package and overwrite it. My package is standalone and must be installed outside of any UT99 (no matter what MODs you have) install you currently have. If you end up copying over your current UT99 install(s), well I warned you not to do it ;-)

Here is the package that is on my personal Google Drive: Infiltration2.9_UT99_v469d-CE_Psytex_v2a.7z
Edit: Updated to v2a - added a few readme files in the Game folder's root. Hopefully they are helpful

Screen shot of this Client running and ucc dedicated server next to it (same PC). As you can see, the server runs up and is seen as a LAN server. Below them I have the WebAdmin loaded up from localhost:8080

Attachments

• 2024-03-29_13-00-00.jpg
    2024-03-29_13-00-00.jpg
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
At this point I am just happy to have someone reply to my post(s) LOL

To be honest, I have been having great fun trying to remember how to use Infiltration client and server. Infiltration client is hard enough but getting a server running isn't for the faint of heart (but I like a challenge).

@Hadmar - thanks for popping in and posting. That may be all I get out of this and that's fine by me ;-)
I still check this place about once per week. :)

Good luck to the two of you to get it running.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Looks like my newest package is working well, from the reports from @Psychomorph. Though at the time the Dell Server was off and he wasn't able to connect.

My Dell Server is in my home office and it makes a bit of noise and kicks up the temp in the room. I'll try to have it on Friday-Sunday but I can flip it on anytime I hear anyone wants to jump on. Today I installed FireDaemon (I love this program) that allows to run a Windows Program as a Windows Service. So all I have to do is flip the server on and Inf TDM, DTAS, & TeamSpeak3 will start automatically without me needing to get to the Desktop. It's well worth the $50 USD and its nice to see it is still a Perpetual license (and not a subscription).

If the server isn't running, remember you can use the included dedicated server batch file - just remember to edit it if you have installed the package outside the default location of "C:\Games\UnrealTournament(Inf_CE_WP161-Psytex)". It should run okay behind the client on the same PC (it uses the ucc.exe server program and not the client program).

Attached are some screen shots of my setup. I do love Windows Server 2019, though it was a pain to get it updated from Windows 2012 R2. The last time I ran Infiltration, this Dell server has to be miles better. Plus before it was rented and shared with other renters. Hard to believe the old place I worked for told me to take anything I wanted and throw away the rest. I even have another smaller 1 rack unit Dell server in my closet....

Attachments

• System Information.jpg
    System Information.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 8
  • desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: Hadmar

GARGVLA

Apr 11, 2024
Hey guys. I just discovered this game and now i wanna play it. But i'm also really dumb. I tried to install with the Ureal Archives Files but i couldn't figure out how to do it. I don't have UT 99 and i don't know how to get it. I tried to install the 2.9 CE, but the game don't woks cause requires some files like "core.dll", "window.dll" and "engine.dll".

Edit: I just figured out with the archives in this thread lol im gonna test now

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I did fire up my server this morning for the weekend. Hopefully you found my package in post #27. Sadly I can't edit my 1st post with updated information / links.

I have yet to meet anyone on my server :(

GARGVLA

Apr 11, 2024
I did fire up my server this morning for the weekend. Hopefully you found my package in post #27. Sadly I can't edit my 1st post with updated information / links.

I have yet to meet anyone on my server :(

How can I join the server?