Fired Up Inf Servers for the Heck of it

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I'm running two Infiltration servers using the CE of Infiltration - I found that download in another thread here on the forums.
Dell PowerEdge R520
Frontier 1G Fiber connection

Server 1: Ghost Dogs (Odie3) Infiltration Server TDM [RQ'ed UT v469] on IP 47.160.205:7777 *Requires GetHub's UT99 v469
Server 2: Ghost Dogs (Odie3) Infiltration Server DTAS [RQ'ed UT v469] on IP 47.160.205:7790 *Requires GetHub's UT99 v469

Mutators using MultiMut (many more are loaded via WeaponPack v1.61)
UTCompass
INF - MultiMut
INF (Khutan) RandomTeamSpawn ### On TDM Server Only
INF MOD - Weapon Pack 1.61 ### On DTAS Server Only
INFMOD - M14DMR
INFMOD - M60 Machine Gun
INF - SCAR
INF - AKS74U
INF - Black AKMSU
INF - M3S90
INF - M4 RO979
INF C7
Duke - XM8 Weapon
(UN) Handgun Fix
ReportDirection
SpeechPad v0.51
Map-Vote 3.04
Weapon Setup v2 - Loadout Replacement
INF - Weapon Enhancement
INF - Bonus Weapons
yurch - New grenade types
yurch - new40mm compatable bullet flight sounds 3
INF - AimView
INF - AdditionalEquipment
INF - Charges
INF - TeamStay
INF - 50Fix
(UN) Desert Eagle .50AE
(UN) MK23 LAM Switch
INF - MiniUziFix
INF - PickupMenu Fix
INF DropExcessAmmo
INF - Deploy

*DTAS is the same but with "INF (Khutan) RandomTeamSpawn" swapped out for DTAS v1.61.

Compressed *.uz http Redirect Download Enabled

TeamSpeak (current version) on IP 47.160.205:9987

I am hosting Infiltration Client Game updated to GitHubs v469b on my Google Drive that will connect to these servers, click here (which is now Infiltration2.9_UT99_v469d-v1b.7z). It is just under 2GB in a 7z compressed file. It is setup to run where I had it on my PC from the C:\ Drive. So the shortcut in the root folder will need to be updated if not extracting it to C:\Games\UnrealTournament _Infiltration\

*Updated to b version, cleaned so more stuff and fixed a cameo issue.

Code:
//This Target when using the  GitHub UT99 v496 Patch - the Infiltration.exe will not work with their patches //
C:\Games\UnrealTournament_Infiltration\System\UnrealTournament.exe Entry ini=infiltration.ini userini=infiltrationuser.ini

When connecting to the server there shouldn't be any downloads (if you have gotten v1a as of 3/27/24). I have also removed a number of Load Outs, so the menu loads a bit faster (I hope). There are enough Load Outs to get you going and to see how they work.

Mouse / Keyboard Setup
LeftMouse=Fire
RightMouse=AltFire
MouseWheelDown=NextWeapon
MouseWheelUp=PrevWeapon
MouseX=Axis aMouseX Speed=3.0
MouseY=Axis aMouseY Speed=3.0
Tab=button bRun
Shift=Walking
Ctrl=button bINFGrab
Alt=SwitchMoveMode
Pause=Pause
CapsLock=LookToggle
Escape=ShowMenu
Space=Jump
Left=TeamSay Going Left.
Up=Teamsay Going Up
Right=TeamSay Going Right.
Down= TeamSay Going Down
Backspace=ThrowWeapon
Equals=ThrowAmmo
Minus=InfToggleRadar
Period=InfSwitchRadar
LeftBracket=InventoryPrevious
Backslash=ChangeHud
RightBracket=InventoryNext
Semicolon=GrowHUD
Tilde=Type
SingleQuote=ShrinkHUD
F1=ShowScores
F2=ShowServerInfo
F3=ShowObjectives
F4=MenuCmd 1 0
F5=ViewTeam
F6=Stat Net
F8=Gamma
F9=SShot
F10=Cancel
F11=Brightness
F12=EndFullscreen
0=SwitchWeapon 10
1=SwitchWeapon 1
2=SwitchWeapon 2
3=SwitchWeapon 3
4=SwitchWeapon 4
5=SwitchWeapon 5
6=SwitchWeapon 6
7=SwitchWeapon 7
8=SwitchWeapon 8
9=SwitchWeapon 9
A=StrafeLeft
B=mutate banddobandage
C=toggle bDuck | Axis aUp Speed=-300.0
D=StrafeRight
E=button bINFLeanRight
f=DoQuickAction | mutate bonusdoqa
G=mutate direction CONTACT! %S7 %C %N
H=button bInfActivateAttachment
j=mutate mutdodeploy
K=mutate DXAGrabAmmo
L=speech 4 1 0
M=MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU
N=nvision
O=speech 0 0 0
P=speech 4 10 0
Q=button bINFLeanLeft
R=button bInfReload
S=MoveBackward
T=mutate direction I'm heading/Pointing %SB %C %N
U=TeamTalk
W=MoveForward
X=button bInfWeaponMode
Y=Talk
Z=toggle bINFProne
NumPad0=SP_Key 0 | speechpad key 0
NumPad1=SP_key 1
NumPad2=SP_key 2
NumPad3=SP_key 3
NumPad4=SP_key 4
NumPad5=SP_key 5
NumPad6=SP_key 6
NumPad7=SP_key 7
NumPad8=SP_key 8
NumPad9=SP_key 9
NumPadPeriod=SP_key reset

I can't actually say the Team & DTAS are running properly - it was a LOT to try to re-learn. I am not even at 20% of what I used to know ha! I'll keep the Dell Server running for a bit, I seriously doubt I'll get any players. I am sure at some point I'll lose my WAN IP, as it isn't static.

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Unrelated to Server but starting up your client, if like me you are using a old backup and thus no short cut. I knew I needed "USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini INI=Infiltration.ini" target arguments of the shortcut but I kept getting a doubled up "Connection Failed" right after Infiltration loaded. This didn't seem to cause a problem, that I could tell, but it annoyed me. I finally figured it out after videoing the start up and seeing the flashing message that proceeded the double "Connection Failed" message. It was a loading message for a UT99 that it could not find my "INI=Infiltration.ini.unr" - which is a map kind of a message. So it finally dawned on me that I needed the "entry.unr" map in my shortcut, which you do like the below. No more odd/wasteful "Connection Failed" after starting up Infiltration client :cool:
E:\Games\UnrealTournament\System\Infiltration.exe Entry USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini INI=Infiltration.ini

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I'm in a part of my life where I am 100% unable to play MP online games but I like that you did this and hope people come and have a good time playing

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
At this point I am just happy to have someone reply to my post(s) LOL

To be honest, I have been having great fun trying to remember how to use Infiltration client and server. Infiltration client is hard enough but getting a server running isn't for the faint of heart (but I like a challenge).

@Hadmar - thanks for popping in and posting. That may be all I get out of this and that's fine by me ;-)

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Infiltration isn't for the faint of heart... and sadly this place is like a newly discovered ghost town. If you like you could try this package I put together for the new UT99 469d update from GitHub, you can download from my google drive.

DO NOT mix this in your working Unreal Tournament install, it would likely make a mess of things. There is a shortcut in the root of the *.7z file and it will only work straight off if you place "UnrealTournament_Infiltration" under "C:\Games\". If you put it anywhere else you'll have to update the shortcut but mind the argument settings in the shortcut's target box.

Example of target box to run Infiltration properly
Code:
//This Target is if using the GitHub UT99 Patch - the Infiltration.exe will not work with their patches //
C:\Games\UnrealTournament_Infiltration\System\UnrealTournament.exe Entry ini=infiltration.ini userini=infiltrationuser.ini

It "should" run in "Window Mode", I kept it as window so you aren't stuck with a massive black screen if it goes sideways. Assuming it runs, you jump on my TMD server (not the DTAS because it is still running v451b UT99). See the screen shots I've attached.

Now if this package doesn't run, I'd be at a loss. This package is actually running on my MacBook Pro M1 using Windows 11 (ARM) via Parallels VM. I figured if it can run on that, it should have a good chance running anywhere.

Attachments

• 1 Server_Browser.jpg
    1 Server_Browser.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 1
  • 2 Favorites.jpg
    2 Favorites.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 3 Server_Selection.jpg
    3 Server_Selection.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

BooMHeaDSh0T

Mar 26, 2024
Infiltration isn't for the faint of heart... and sadly this place is like a newly discovered ghost town. If you like you could try this package I put together for the new UT99 469d update from GitHub, you can download from my google drive.

DO NOT mix this in your working Unreal Tournament install, it would likely make a mess of things. There is a shortcut in the root of the *.7z file and it will only work straight off if you place "UnrealTournament_Infiltration" under "C:\Games\". If you put it anywhere else you'll have to update the shortcut but mind the argument settings in the shortcut's target box.

Example of target box to run Infiltration properly
Code:

It "should" run in "Window Mode", I kept it as window so you aren't stuck with a massive black screen if it goes sideways. Assuming it runs, you jump on my TMD server (not the DTAS because it is still running v451b UT99). See the screen shots I've attached.

Now if this package doesn't run, I'd be at a loss. This package is actually running on my MacBook Pro M1 using Windows 11 (ARM) via Parallels VM. I figured if it can run on that, it should have a good chance running anywhere.
I got the game running just trying to figure out how to join getting a connection failed for some reason

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
No, you don't need to do anything in the ini for the patch. But be sure to only try joining the "Ghost Dogs (Odie3) Infiltration Server TDM [RQ'ed UT v469]" server. Also, I been restarting the server a lot in the last few hours - try again?

Using that Inf Package I put up for you in? Do you have TeamSpeak?

Last edited:

BooMHeaDSh0T

Mar 26, 2024
v469 wont working 4 me since im running unreal on windows xp when I go to the game browser it trys to connect to mplayer do you think that has something to do with it

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I wouldn't think so, perhaps the problem is a network issue through my firewall here. Though when I first got it running I tested via my Mac connected to my iPhone. Let me try again.

I assume you are getting "connection failed" still?

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
No, you are running into the problem I did when I 1st install 469. You have to use a new shortcut argument and use the unreal executable!

Code:
//This Target is if using the GitHub UT99 Patch - the Infiltration.exe will not work with their patches //

Or you could give my download a try? If you reinstall Infiltration, then you'll have to reapply the 469 UT99 Patch

Edit: Changed to Infiltration2.9_UT99_v469d-v1a.7z package

Last edited: