Even in cyberspace?!?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BAT[PBC]

CW2 of PBC
Jun 5, 2001
Aurora CO
thepbclan.com
The entire 'conversation' is stupid.

Explain to me - for instance - why the comment about only white people are serial killers is relevant? Isn't it just as racist to generalize behavior on being white?

You obviously didnt read the screen shots.

Ok. So I'm not American. And I'm not black. So I have a hard time understanding why you would feel offended by some random person saying some random stupid thing about people with your skin color. Without knowing that you have that skin color. Now perhaps that's just me - the white opressor - that can't understand that.

Well you just awnsered your own question, 1. Your NOT American
(So how can you even talk about Racism in this Country?)
2. Your NOT Black, this is why you dont understand why this offends people.

Actually no it doesnt make me angry, and what song is that from and who wrote/ sang it?

The songs called " I dont want to have to listen to your Racist A$$ when Im playing on a Public Server" and when I ask "nicely to have you stop" you proceed to interject your theory of how "black people are"

SONG IS IRRELAVENT!!!

BAT[PBC]

CW2 of PBC
Jun 5, 2001
Aurora CO
thepbclan.com
although i have to say that this guy was just a kiddy who wanted to piss off some others, and i won't judge anybody by things like this. i know ppl who had to change their nicknames because some fools decided to ruin their reputation.

HE "ruined" his own reputation ... open mouth, insert foot.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by BAT[PBC]
This is my "formal complaint" .... I think everyone should be aware of this type of behavior (not limited to this one instance)
NOT just the PDX clan. "keep it down your disturbing the other customers"

This isnt about getting justice from some clown, this post is to bring to light some of the "attitudes" that rear their ugly faces.
if you meant to show this that not just 'Hops' was behaving like an idiot ... ok (because let's face it : the 'other' side wasn't exactly being all that correct either ...)

But if this was the first time you saw someone act like that and then decide to make it public instead of giving his clan a chance to react ... => that is not good.(period)

BAT[PBC]

CW2 of PBC
Jun 5, 2001
Aurora CO
thepbclan.com
"racial slurs are gay"

Anyone besides me see anything wrong with statement?

Yes this was also VERY inappropriate.

if you meant to show this that not just 'Hops' was behaving like an idiot ... ok (because let's face it : the 'other' side wasn't exactly being all that correct either ...)

But if this was the first time you saw someone act like that and then decide to make it public instead of giving his clan a chance to react ... => that is not good.(period)

As I stated before this post is to bring to light some of the "opinions" that do not have to make their way to a text screen. I was not taking sides on the issue either way but trying to "even the playing feild". And to awnser your question No this is not the first time I have witnessed this type of behavior. I cant take screen shots of all racial/sexist/religious slurs I encounter. I would rather play the game then have to play EO officer. This was not a post to point out individuals (as you can read I have not done) but to possibly make people think before they type. Just because you cant see or hear the person on the other end dosent mean that there are no more social courtesies. The Inf community is allways saying how it sux that there are more players playing other mods (*cough* CS *cough*) and they should be playing INF. Well maybe if we can provide a less "hostile" enviroment both on the forums and on the public servers, we just might attract some new people.

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by BAT[PBC]

You obviously didnt read the screen shots.

Ok. So you answer in this debate to his statement that more 'blacks' are criminal (fact) is that only white people are serial killers (perhaps a fact)?

Ok. As I said. The screenshots didn't show the cream of intelect debates.

Of course both facts are social based. And have nothing to do with skin color. So your statement is just as racist as the one he makes. Way to take the 'high road'. Unless one cannot be racist if the statement is about the 'the white man'.

Well you just awnsered your own question, 1. Your NOT American
(So how can you even talk about Racism in this Country?)

Exactly. I can't. What I am saying is you are overreacting. The whole of USA is overreacting on a lot of things. It's stupid to be offended in this situation. He don't know he is offending anyone. He's not even trying to offend anyone - as far as I can understand from the context. But you choose to make a big deal about it.

It's a joke. sltGroove said he can't tolerate jokes about racism and a bunch of other things. But almost everthing can be taken as rasism. And if someone is joking about it. It more likely to be a joke. And only that. I know I make fun of it - and a lot of other groups. And it has nothing to do with my opponion about those groups. It's just to make a joke. It could just as well - in any given joke - be about some other 'group' than the one I randomly choose. It won't really make a diffrence.

2. Your NOT Black, this is why you dont understand why this offends people.

So you choose to let him have power over you based on you skin color? To be able to offend you is having power over you. I personally don't care if people jokes about mel. Or any group I might belong to. I possibly makes jokes about them more than anyone else does. Why? I would be damed if someone would be able to goat me into reacting negativly to them on command. Don't you feel 'used' when you can get pissed off on command like that?

Listen. Perhaps I can tell you this becaurse I am not in the situation personally. But how would people be able to treat you like everyone else if they have to treat you specially? It's a normal thing to make jokes about groups - be it religion, skin color or what country you come from. By enforcing rules that makes it wrong. Only makes the group more seperate from the 'normals'. And that grows hate (people generally hates things that are diffrent - they feel threatened by it). So in the end you might just be making it worse for your group.

I'm sorry some people can't treat people with other skin colors as equals. We have the same problem here in Denmark. But I am convinced this kind of behavior will only make it worse!

BAT[PBC]

CW2 of PBC
Jun 5, 2001
Aurora CO
thepbclan.com
Ok. So you answer in this debate to his statement that more 'blacks' are criminal (fact) is that only white people are serial killers (perhaps a fact)?

Ok. As I said. The screenshots didn't show the cream of intelect debates.

Of course both facts are social based. And have nothing to do with skin color. So your statement is just as racist as the one he makes. Way to take the 'high road'. Unless one cannot be racist if the statement is about the 'the white man'.

This wasnt an "awnser to his debate", I was trying to point out that his logic was flawed. I also didnt see how my comment was racial in anyway, for the record their is one reported case of a serial killer being a black man. I did not use any derogatory names anytime during this so called "debate". Yet he continued to do so after being asked nicely to desist. I simply ask that this person and ALL persons be a little more respectfull. Then as I stated it turned into the "the reasons black people this" So you are trying to tell me that people in Denmark just laugh at this kind of behavior? I feel sorry for you then, at least we try to solve the problem here and not think its some kind of joke. This isnt some "party joke" over here, people die because of these types of attitudes.

Originally posted by Mateba
Actually no it doesnt make me angry...

Sorry to hear that. Shows me you probably have no respect for your mother at all.

Originally posted by Tiran Kenja
Perhaps I can tell you this becaurse I am not in the situation personally.

Thats akin to giving advice to a calculus student when you barely passed algebra.

Don't you feel 'used' when you can get pissed off on command like that?

No. I feel more 'used' when I let a comment like that slide. As well as the fact if I did let it slide, people would line up to beat my ass for doing so.

It's a normal thing to make jokes about groups - be it religion, skin color or what country you come from.

Umm no, its not. Unless things are drastically different in Europe, only racists make those 'jokes'. I've seen people come within inches of dying for making those sorts of 'jokes'. It's no laughing matter to anyone who is the butt of them.

You entire argument reads like something written for stormfront.org. And thats not a good thing. What he said wasn't a joke. If it was a joke, a good one, I'd be laughing too.

EDIT: Fuck this thread. It can only go downhill from here.

Last edited:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I blame Xerox PARC myself.

(In Europe people make jokes like that and mean it and then dress it up in blokey humour or as "it's just common sense".)

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
***Warning Rant***

OK you've been warned.

Seems everyone is upset and rightfully so by this idiot. I think we can all agree that if the human race is ever going to move forward we need to leave our prejudices behind and judge people as individuals and not just lump them into one nameless, faceless stereotypical group.

So I'm still left looking at this sentance from someone offended by racist comments. "Racial slurs are gay."

I see a lot of you people using the word "gay" as an insult. The way a lot of people uses that word makes me think that your prejudiced against homosexuals. If something is "gay" then its bad right? What's the differance between that and a racial epithat?

So lets see if I got this straight so far.

Racial slurs are bad.
Sexual orientation slurs are OK.

What about nationality? I apologize to Dark Bls here and now but I'm going to use you as an example. What if someone came on this board and starting referring to Dark Bls as "that frog moderator"?

How about sex? Are chauvinist comments towards players of the opposite sex OK?

How about religion? If someone reveals some bit of information about their religion are they fair game too?

To paraphrase Shakespeare "A bigot by any other name is still a bigot."

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Just wait till people start arguing it should be made an exception because Gay doesn't mean Gay anymore, courtesy of Counter-Strike.

Yup. Easy to use desktop metaphors are a Bad Thing.

All computers should have command lines. IN LATIN.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Hence:

To enforce this diffrentiation between gay-homosexual and gay-insipid/trite/unfit-for-consumption, I suggest we always remember to spell the latter as "gei."

I'm serious.

On another note... How do you say "reconnect," "disconnect" and "timedemo 1" in Latin?

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Oh now I see.

Then I suggest from now on the word ******=racial insult.
And the word niggahz=is just a general non-racial insult.

So are the gooks, wops,nazi's and frogs still fair game then or do we need to change the spelling on those words too? Or just change the meaning or both?

Is it really that easy for people to cop out?

BAT[PBC]

CW2 of PBC
Jun 5, 2001
Aurora CO
thepbclan.com
NEED HELP!!!

The individual in question has harrassed me about posting his replies that he has so kindly provided me with (got my email from INFWAR). He claims to have his IP banned from the forums, if this is the case will I get in trouble for posting them? Can a Admin please give me a response? I told this guy I would post his comments even though I may not agree with him. I think he has a right to defend himself (allthough having already seen his reply I think he is just going to burry himself further).

Aequi

ballistically challenged
Apr 23, 2001
Denmark, duh
Visit site
Originally posted by LCJr.
So I'm still left looking at this sentance from someone offended by racist comments. "Racial slurs are gay."

LOL!! at last....
Someone noticed AND posted about it...
*claps* i'm so proud of you! (seriusly).

An "insult" becomes an insult when someone takes offence or when it is public, which includes the internet - usual social standards then deem that you say "sorry". No matter if your sorry or not and you insert a mental note that you should be more carefull in public or around this person... :stick:

It does not matter what "friendly remarks" might be allowed in your usual social circles, ex. the type "friendly teasing" that i might use with my friends, can not just be transfeered and be expected to be accepted by others (common mistake). No explanations of what is normal where you are from can excuse you from not saying "sorry", they might give you forgiveness, if you show you learned something.... :eek:

...the reasons as why so many people has the adopted the new meaning/use of the word "gay" like they have, is really a intirely different pointless issue :rolleyes:

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by Kuroshio Apocal

No. I feel more 'used' when I let a comment like that slide. As well as the fact if I did let it slide, people would line up to beat my ass for doing so.

The point with my comment is general. Why get pissed off about what some fool - who don't know you - say about some group you may be part of. Even IF he means it? Getting angry don't solve anything.

Umm no, its not. Unless things are drastically different in Europe, only racists make those 'jokes'. I've seen people come within inches of dying for making those sorts of 'jokes'. It's no laughing matter to anyone who is the butt of them.

So what is? Is slapstick the only form of non-offendable humor. And perhaps sitcom. So pretty much all stand-up commedians are racist? (I can't remember the last time I heard a stand-up comedian who didn't make fun of a whole number of groups).

I don't think any Danes have been killed by Swedes for making a joke about them. And we have made fun of each other for centuries. Why? Becaurse it don't matter. We don't REALLY think all Swedes are drunks (the topic of almost every joke about Swedes here).

In any event. Who is at fault if a guy who made a joke about, say, a black man gets killed? The guy who told the joke. Or the guy who killed him? Sure you could say the joker provoked. But does that make it legal to kill him?

You entire argument reads like something written for stormfront.org. And thats not a good thing. What he said wasn't a joke. If it was a joke, a good one, I'd be laughing too.

I said before I have no idea what this guy said. It's not there. What is there is - what looks like - an overreaction that results in a long silly string of non too bright comments. Nothing unusual about that - when people gets angry. So my reson for posting is to raise the question if it was worth getting angry about?

Edit: Ok. I just noticed the order of the screenshot seems to be wrong. So he don't need to much pressure before he comes up with a stupid - racial - comment. But still I think getting all worked up about it is silly.

Last edited: