Decent FPS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I recommend Nexuiz; it's free, and there seems to be a pretty active online community for that game.

You could also give OpenArena a try; it's basically an open-source clone of Quake 3 + Team Arena, built on the ioquake3 engine.

I wish Epic would open-source Unreal Engine 1.5; I'd love to see (and help with) an open-source UT.

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
I wish Epic would open-source Unreal Engine 1.5; I'd love to see (and help with) an open-source UT.

This.
It's pretty clear they're kind of burnt out from doing all this Unreal stuff,
so why not take the Id route and open source it?

Quake 1 still has a great active modding community.
It would also allow for improved 3rd party clients to play old Unreal games.
Just look at Darkplaces with new textures and real time shadowmapping, it looks stunning.

It would help their reputation. And would make fans stop whining! :p

Last edited:

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
Because UE3 still has lots of code from UE1.

Heh, you have official statistics for that, or are you just speculating?

There've been so much algorithmic and hardware api changes since 1998 I doubt there's much of it intact still.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They've talked about it in interviews, because of course people have asked them about this before.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
There've been so much algorithmic and hardware api changes since 1998 I doubt there's much of it intact still.

A lot of it is still the same. The gameplay scripts and class hierarchy are still derived from the original '98 Unreal and it shows. A lot of the engine code is still intact.

It needs an overhaul.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Someone had mentioned to me America's Army the other day. Haven't downloaded it yet to try it out, I'm sure someone here has thoughts on it. Though I don't know about the quality of the thought... :p

Mar 6, 2004
I guess i am a n00b....this whole time using a mouse i never knew a thing about DPI, except the name DPI that a mouse has. I've always used default and i read DPI is pretty important for video games. I have a razer DeathAdder atm...3500dpi.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Heh, you have official statistics for that, or are you just speculating?

The UCC core is still the core from UT to UT3, it's just optimized and improved. They'd have released the native by now if they could but it's never going to happen. Opening access to one effectively opens access to all since they are successive builds.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
It's better to just go buy BF2 for cheap, all the expansion packs and shit are free now. Also you get to play all the cool mods. :eek:

Just don't buy it from Steam, I did and I can't play online because my product key keeps getting rejected by every server.
It's a well known problem for over at least a year and a half now and they're reluctant to fix it :mad:

Mar 6, 2004
What's the average age of a person who begins to regress at video games? just wondering. Like FPS. Is it around 35ish?

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
What's the average age of a person who begins to regress at video games? just wondering. Like FPS. Is it around 35ish?

Probably alot older than that, I still clean up in most games I play and the people here that have played me in anything can testify that I'm a fairly average player. But I only Pub, so take that for what it's worth....I don't voice chat but my guess is that i'm playing children from what little i've heard.