Decent FPS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Backup weapon or not, they could have gone with some variety instead of just shotguns
In MNC they have 6 different classes and there's no sharing of weapons. Each class has something unique
Each class DOES have something unique as their primary weapon. The game has well over 100 weapons now so you can easily replace that pistol or shotgun with something else.

Mar 6, 2004
Here is a question. What makes an FPS good to you guys? I wish all FPS could be fast paced. I'll wait for BF3, though.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Last decent FPS I played was Crysis 2. Brink's got some balance issues which are garishly obvious, especially in the submachine guns sector, and overly tight corridor maps.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Sauerbraten :)

Are you looking for like military or what?

Sauerbraten looks pretty cool, i'll try it.

I don't really care what type of FPS it, space, military, anything.

I don't like TF2.

I guess I'm looking for something with the same model scale and weapon strength as CoD:MW. I still play that alot.

I'll try Battlefield Bad Company 2, that looks good. If it's a good as the other BF stuff.

Thanks for the replies, I guess it is pretty dismal as far as shooters go...

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Bad company 2 is still the best FPS out right now, but BF3 is out soon which should be just as awesome.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
having been a UT addict for years, and nobody plays those games anymore, I'll put up with pretty much anything, knowing nothing can be as good anyway.
Might as well play Barbie's Panty Parade in 3-d. You know there are pedophiles playing that.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Each class DOES have something unique as their primary weapon.
I know. So far, by default, the Heavy, Soldier and Pyro have the exact same shotgun as their secondary weapon. The shotgun the Engineer has as his primary is the same as the other 3
That's 4 classes with the exact same weapon(Scouts' is similar) and even the Scout/Engineer share 2 pistols. Would it really have been so difficult to think up something specific to each class?
The game has well over 100 weapons now so you can easily replace that pistol or shotgun with something else.
I know this too, but you have to either buy them, win them through other games, craft them or wait for them to drop.

I can barely stand to play TF2 half the time, so I'm not going to sit around waiting for them to drop or enough crafting parts and I sure as hell am not interested in buying any of them
BF3 is out soon which should be just as awesome.
Not so sure about that, caught how the kits were tweaked and it seems BC2's Medic/Assault classes will have their weapons switched
Supposedly Assaults will have ammo boxes and LMGs while "Medics" get the assault rifles but can swap out the medic box for an underslung grenade launcher
The last time I played BC2 tells me that there's going to be even less medicing in BF3

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Shotguns as secondary weapons are a decent design decision.

I know this too, but you have to either buy them, win them through other games, craft them or wait for them to drop.

You don't have to buy anything. After playing for a couple of weeks, I ended up with well over 80 weapons, including weapons for every slot and for every class. If you think it's hard to get weapons, then you obvious don't play the game.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
You don't have to buy anything. After playing for a couple of weeks, I ended up with well over 80 weapons, including weapons for every slot and for every class. If you think it's hard to get weapons, then you obvious don't play the game.
Did you even read my post past "buy them"?
Here, let me requote that for you with "buy them" removed
I know this too, but you have to either[...] win them through other games, craft them or wait for them to drop.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Not so sure about that, caught how the kits were tweaked and it seems BC2's Medic/Assault classes will have their weapons switched
Supposedly Assaults will have ammo boxes and LMGs while "Medics" get the assault rifles but can swap out the medic box for an underslung grenade launcher
The last time I played BC2 tells me that there's going to be even less medicing in BF3

It stops the rambo medics which was pretty much the only thing anyone with sense played. But bf3 will suck just as much as bc2 if you try and play a public alone.
Has to be played with friends to have true most fun.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
medics are the best class in bc2 by far, i only play anything else if there's a tank or building that needs blowing up.

Still they couldve rebalanced it by just nerfing the MG's a bit more instead of switching classes. I HATE grenade launchers, one shot, miss and you're dead, and the explosive range is so smallll.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I've got several hours in the game. Haven't earned a single extra gun, achievement, or anything. Yes, I suck at it. And,yes, I never really followed the craze with getting the achievements.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Bad Company 2, Section 8: Prejudice, or Brink if you're a fan of the Enemy Territory games.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Nothing released this year so far has really grabbed my attention but Modern Warfare 3 looks absolutely stunning.
I'll probably be taking a look at Rage as well when they eventually get around to releasing it.
Other than those two, it's pretty dire on the first person shooter front.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
A lot of them are so random it's virtually impossible to aim for them.

I've got several hours in the game. Haven't earned a single extra gun, achievement, or anything. Yes, I suck at it. And,yes, I never really followed the craze with getting the achievements.

I've got just shy of 40% of the achievements, and that was just through playing the game, aside from maybe a couple.