CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
What's a good way to get over being crappy when you are under pressure? like scrims and stuff.

Top esports player Fatal1ty swears by a jolly good game of tennis.
'It really helps my eye hand co-ordination & damn if my butt doesn't look sweet in these little white shorts... after that wiping the floor with all-comers is no sweat' he said grinning impishly like a mad cross between the guy from bill & ted [not keanu, the other one] & a malformed Fallout 3 bobblehead.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Top esports player Fatal1ty swears by a jolly good game of tennis.
'It really helps my eye hand co-ordination & damn if my butt doesn't look sweet in these little white shorts... after that wiping the floor with all-cummers is no sweat' he said grinning impishly like a mad cross between the guy from bill & ted [not keanu, the other one] & a malformed Fallout 3 bobblehead.

I always knew he was a queerbo.

Mar 6, 2004
Wow, it never fails to fail me. I left my clan because there are so many hacking wannabe's in TWL, and more players from clans get banned/pugs aswell from PB daily, and i really am not cut out for ladders and playing competitivly it seems like, so back to pubbing. I take my tag off and i kept going 2-1 and 3-1 ratios. The last tag i ever wear for cod4, i just can't cut it with a tag, if i am not soloing i am sucking. I have not had a good game since a few times with .Rez clan, and none with sG. I don't understand why i cannot play good with a tag on, WTF!!!!!!

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Because you care way too f**king much. Go talk to a girl or something. Jesus.

In other news I saw a fantastic bot a few nights ago. All that idiot had to do was move around and the bot would do everything for him. It could shoot in any direction no matter where the guy was facing and what was between him and the target and it paid no mind to bullet spread either. It could put a bullet anywhere without moving the guy's viewpoint at all. He killed me when I was behind him, FFS, and when he was facing a wall with an unscoped sniper rifle on the second floor of some building while I was below.

Punkbuster and killcam were both enabled and since it was 3am there were no admins around to do anything about it. Good times.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
In other news I saw a fantastic bot a few nights ago. All that idiot had to do was move around and the bot would do everything for him. It could shoot in any direction no matter where the guy was facing and what was between him and the target and it paid no mind to bullet spread either.

Well yeah that's what a bot is made for. They can hit PB servers here and there. Best AC there is are server admins.

There seem to be a increasing amount of boters lately. Especially on PB servers. Go figure. :gonk:
PB is so awesome.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
PB is like encrypting your wireless network with WEP. It's functionally useless but will keep 99% of people out because no one cares enough to actually crack it. PB will stop the script kiddies who find bot links on forums but it'll never stop serious bots that people pay for. Gotta have admins and global ban lists for that. And even then I'm not convinced GUIDs can't be cracked and created on the fly to get around global bans. People broke UT2004's GUID algorithm and could circumvent bans with ease. D:

Mar 6, 2004
Aimbots only work when zoomed in, when not zoomed it sucks ass and any noob can kill the botter. I used to play on non PB servers, and i easily saw bots are made for zooming of the weapon.

Go talk to a girl or something. Jesus.

I talk to plenty of girls, i'm not some loser who goes "oh my god a girl, must hide!". I guess anyone who takes games seriously is some kind of guy who does not talk to girls too?

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Aimbots only work when zoomed in, when not zoomed it sucks ass and any noob can kill the botter. I used to play on non PB servers, and i easily saw bots are made for zooming of the weapon.
Um, no. What you saw were script kiddies and their crappy little bots they found while thinking they're 1773. Those are the ones PB will catch. Usually.

Legitimate bots are far more advanced and PB can't do sh*t against them. Some of these types of bots did absolutely insane things in UT2004, and this one I saw for CoD4 was similar. The guy was NOT aiming down the site; this bot could put a bullet in the head of any enemy in any direction and without even looking at him.

Case in point: I was chasing him and going to knife him in the back but he killed me while facing the same direction as me. His bullets shot 180 degrees opposite of the way his gun was pointed -- effectively out of his ass -- and killed me.

Don't try to be knowledgeable when you're not, guy.

I talk to plenty of girls, i'm not some loser who goes "oh my god a girl, must hide!". I guess anyone who takes games seriously is some kind of guy who does not talk to girls too?
There's a different between taking something seriously and being knowledgeable about it and being plain ol' obsessive.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Um, no. What you saw were script kiddies and their crappy little bots they found while thinking they're 1773. Those are the ones PB will catch. Usually.

Legitimate bots are far more advanced and PB can't do sh*t against them. Some of these types of bots did absolutely insane things in UT2004, and this one I saw for CoD4 was similar. The guy was NOT aiming down the site; this bot could put a bullet in the head of any enemy in any direction and without even looking at him.

Case in point: I was chasing him and going to knife him in the back but he killed me while facing the same direction as me. His bullets shot 180 degrees opposite of the way his gun was pointed -- effectively out of his ass -- and killed me.

Don't try to be knowledgeable when you're not, guy.

There's a different between taking something seriously and being knowledgeable about it and being plain ol' obsessive.

Yeah, I've run across those too. One guy literally shut down a server with his LMG and a bot. He didn't even have to have line of sight on them... he was shooting them through walls, the ground, whatever.

Mar 6, 2004
I was just banned from a server for nading in the first 20 seconds of the match, almost got banned because a guy said i was shooting through smoke and killed him. SND server...they got alot of retarded rules. I throw a nade, hits the wall and drops, the guy stands there trying to get me to get kicked and says "he tk'd me on purpose".

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah, I've run across those too. One guy literally shut down a server with his LMG and a bot. He didn't even have to have line of sight on them... he was shooting them through walls, the ground, whatever.

So since PB can't really do anything about the "god-lik" bots, how you guys think this going to have an impact on MW2?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It won't. Just like it's had no real effect on any game ever. PB will keep the noobs out, admins will deal with the idiots determined to make people's gaming experience crap. Mostly. There will always be bots that get through cheat protection.

I've only seen a handful of legitimate cheaters in CoD4 in the ~15 months I've been playing. If they weren't dealt with in a timely manner I just switched servers. No big deal.

Mar 6, 2004
I've finally managed to controll my recoil in the middle of the fight, it's doing wonders. Before all i did was spray, i love the AK 47 now that i finally can manage recoil in the heat of battle, yes JUST recently. I'm having a 4-1 ratio in this server, then poof "player kicked" and come back, 5 kills away from a 3-1 ratio (55-20, Crash) and still get in 1st place, they suck because i can take on 8 guys at the same friggin time . The next map (overgrown) i get owned because everyone loves camping the hell out of it. My run and gun style does not suit hardcore servers, i guess it's about time i changed to non HC now that i am clanless again.

Mar 6, 2004
People who use noob tube must have the worst aim in FPS. Noob tube is as bad as an aimbot, you don't have to work, just push a button and you pile up kills. Nothing like seeing some jagoff with martyrdom, noob tube, and last stand. You know you should retire from FPS if you run around with those all those perks on your class. Can't wait to retire from COD4 in Sept and join some COD4 guys in Aion, play it a few months while i wait for COD MW2, that will be my FPS break.

Last edited:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
People who use noob tube must have the worst aim in FPS. Noob tube is as bad as an aimbot, you don't have to work, just push a button and you pile up kills. Nothing like seeing some jagoff with martyrdom, noob tube, and last stand. You know you should retire from FPS if you run around with those all those perks on your class. Can't wait to retire from COD4 in Sept and join some COD4 guys in Aion, play it a few months while i wait for COD MW2, that will be my FPS break.

This morning I had a bagel for breakfast. Then at lunch I had some carnitas on rice. Then at dinner I had a plate of spaghetti with mizithra cheese and meat sauce. That's what I always order at the Spaghetti Factory. I NEVER order anything else, cuz it's the best. Anyone got any suggestions for better plates? Cuz im REALLY FRUSTRATED that NO MATTER how hard I try, I just NEVER improve at picking different plates. I think this may be impacting my food diversity skills. Advice?

Mar 6, 2004
This morning I had a bagel for breakfast. Then at lunch I had some carnitas on rice. Then at dinner I had a plate of spaghetti with mizithra cheese and meat sauce. That's what I always order at the Spaghetti Factory. I NEVER order anything else, cuz it's the best. Anyone got any suggestions for better plates? Cuz im REALLY FRUSTRATED that NO MATTER how hard I try, I just NEVER improve at picking different plates. I think this may be impacting my food diversity skills. Advice?

Ride it out, just ride that dinner plate out.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone else knows what might cause the game taking around 5-7 minutes to initially load? I'm not talking about the server join/map load time, but the time it takes after the COD4 splash showed up. I have the Steam version.

It's been like that for a while now, and even after re-installing the game and backing up my character files the problem persisted.