CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Please call it MW2. :p
COD5 is also non-existent. It's WaW.

COD isn't really a serie anymore. It's just "Hey this game has guns and online, except Treyach suck at making games."

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I'm still playing. Mostly I just run around shotgunning people because it's fun and it pisses them off. Only works on a handful maps or on overcrowded servers, but when it works it works really well.

So, if there is going to be BuF peoples playing I might have to dust off the old Xfire and join in.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I was at Best Buy the other day and to my astonishment I saw Cod4 for 39.95. I was so astonished that I almost bought it, then realized the sequel will be out in 4 months. 2 years for a 10 dollar price drop, at least they are learning :lol:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
When you push as many copies as CoD4 did there's no reason to lower the price. Compare that to UT3 which lowered its price within three weeks. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Though I'm not going to argue that the game could be 30 bucks by now. We've seen all it's colors and the next title is nearing.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
two things...

1: This is a hilarious set up if you pick your maps/servers :D
elohel.jpg

2: I really like that thing your mom does with her tounge.

Mar 6, 2004
Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm guessing it mostly affects your UP. So if you have a decent Upload (Higher than 2 MB) should be good. I suppose?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The game is still a blast and I prefer it over WaW. I played WaW for a bit and just couldn't get into it.

Stopping power + Steady aim + MP40 = Enjoy your ****ty unbalanced game.
Overall ****ty maps, quite a few designed for tank and dumb sniper gameplay.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
50 Slot servers. :rolleyes:

Why people support those? Then they complain about the game being spammy, or too much grenades flying around. People are really that dumb (not aimed at you Staward)? Get on a 10-16 player server and notice the difference. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm dead serious right now, I'm thinking IW should bring down a hard-coded player slot limit for dedicated server tools to something like 24-30 player (depending on how large the maps are average). The only 32 or more servers would show up as modded servers, thus they'd get less attention from the vanilla players (Who wants their rank follow them everywhere).

Sounds good.

That way we'd get more players playing on emptier servers and keep the flow running, rather than constantly joining the server at the very top with 48/50 players in it. You know these guys.. :rolleyes:

****ing typical.

Stop supporting 40-50 slots servers.

Last edited:

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Lol, Well I only play on a few different servers that are on my xfire list. It's a rare occasion if I am joining a server from the in game browser. Even then it has to meet the criteria for low ping, low number of players.

Well the problem is that there are so many guys that want to play on those 50 man servers... drives me nuts. So if they forced the numbers down they might piss some people off... Can't spam and expect to get a kill you know!?

Mar 6, 2004
Interesting.
Jackal & I were talking about this [xfire's broadcast beta] last night & wondered how much it affected bandwidth, etc.
How fast is your connex?

My connection is not that great, and i use shaw cable so my connection really is not that great as they suck. I don't know for bandwidth, but it's best to keep settings onm all lowest to reduce lag. Uncheck "broadcast audio" as it will help reduce lag, and change Broadcast quality to low, or perhaps Medium. Putting it to the highest one will screw you over as it's still in beta, and has been beta for like a year.

Here is my gaming rig.
http://www.xfire.com/profile/drugscocaine/

Uploaded at the bottom.

Also, you can enable to friends only, or anyone and when you broadcast yourself it shows on your xfire status that you are broadcasting yourself so someone on your friends list can watch you. Add me to xfire if you want, and perhaps i can show you a round or 2.

I'm guessing it mostly affects your UP. So if you have a decent Upload (Higher than 2 MB) should be good. I suppose?
http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=226699&highlight=

ozmega,

According to Dyyno, this video initialization error occurs when your upload bandwidth levels to less than 200kbps of speed.

Please run a bandwidth test while broadcasting. Go to www.speedtest.net to find out what speed your running at during a broadcast.

Post back with your results.

Thanks!

Mine wasn't working when i posted in the thread, my ISP was crapping the bed that day. If you don't got the speed, you get this error.

Last edited:

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
I personally like 50 slot servers, the problem is that people use the fact that the map is crowded with people and turn on martyrdom or then start spaming every wall they see, sometimes you can't stay alive for 10 seconds without stepping onto granade or being shot from the other side of the map with LMG's with Deep Impact. Lately i haven't even been able to play a whole match because i get so angry that i decide just quit the game to chill out a bit.
The good thing about these servers is that when you can really play, you ususally get a lot of kills, for beginner, they can get a lot of points each match and it can be really fun for those who like a lot of action, but it's just really hard to find a decent server in this settings...