Can I Has UT Files?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I have 737GB of site rips...50 sites. Pretty much every site I have ever come across. If the content was extensive, I left it as an intact rip but if the content was small, I integrated it into my files. I also have ripped pretty much every redirect I have ever found.

Yes, a sort needs to be done. I will report back with doubles from my stuff; the site rips will of course have many doubles.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Be really diligent that you sort through the site rips. I found a lot of personal stuff mixed in with the files I was getting. Lots of pictures, home videos...some of it was very obviously not meant to be seen or shared outside of whomever it was that was given the link. It appeared to me that some site admins didn't (don't) understand site security at all. At the very least visually scan all the image files as thumbnails so you don't share something compromising or unflattering by mistake.Trust me, there are pics that should be deleted in your collection if you went ripping sites.

I struggled a lot with the UT files I reasonably knew that were private or test builds that happened to be living on a database I grabbed. I excluded them at first from the repository but ultimately put them back in. They may desire them to be private but they were taken from a public facing section of a website. That's no different than ripping someone's redirect really. It's more important that work doesn't get lost than a file not ever getting to be seen again because some admin was worried a competing server might steal his developing.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Yes, all of that kind of thing is gone. I suspect that your rips are older than mine, and I mean that in a good way. Most of the rips I have were clear of that kind of thing. I don't even know how much stuff you have or from when...?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Get an older version Manti, the newer ones require payment. The old ones work perfectly without any paid upgrade.