Call of Duty tonight!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
I with freon as far as the general gameplay is concern. My major gripe with this game is there's almost no weapon kickback at all. It relies heavily on conefire. Even bf1942 and even moh haves some kickback.
Ironsight system can be better also.
My opinion about the game might change with the upcoming mp demo though. But I'll probably end up with moh's breakthrough demo in the end.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
The FJ and the Luftwaffe ground troops were two seperate units, both formed under the Luftwaffe.

EDIT: There was also an SS FJ battallion, and most FJ divisions were under Heer control. Feldgrau is unclear as to how these divisions were formed however, be they luftwaffe units under heer control or directly trained and formed by the wehrmacht....i suspect they were luftwaffe units placed under army control due to lack of airborne ops after crete.

Last edited:

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Spier said:
:lol:

Well, that was amusing.
But just in case you were being serious, here is some reading material for you:

http://www.feldgrau.com/main1.php?ID=3
That should convince you that they were indeed fighting on land. You can also search for "crete", "monte cassino" and "D-Day" if you want further proof.

Sure they had a ground corps, but they didn't dress like Fallschirmjäger
:lol:

Allow me to quote, if you will, from your own source. (Which you really should've read before you did something so utterly stupid as quoting it without knowing what it contained.)

From the history of the 1st FJ Div.

Formed on May 1st, 1943 from the 7.Flieger-Division in France. From the end of May 1943 it was stationed in Flers (near Avignon), in reserve, under XI.Fliegerkorps/Heeresgruppe D. The first parts of the division arrived in Sicily on the 12th of July 1943, directly under XIV.Armeekorps, and went into combat immediately defending the island.

From the history of the 2nd FJ Div.

Formed 2.43 in Western France (Vannes/Bretagne area) under the 7.Armee. The division was formed from Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiment 2 and the II./Fallschirm-Artillerie-Regiment 1.

From the history of the 3rd FJ Div.

The 3.Fallschirm-Jäger-Division was formed on 10.43 in Reims. The formation was officially ordered 11.01.43, to be completed 2.01.44. In about February 1944, the division moved to the Brest area, under II.FsAK/Heeresgruppe D.

I can keep going if you like, there's a couple more army-based Fallschirmjäger units, but I think the point is made. I will, of course, continue if you'd like me to :)

Kindly go away now. You've been owned by your own source.

P.S That was amusing :lol:

Last edited:

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
jaunty said:
Allow me to quote, if you will, from your own source. (Which you really should've read before you did something so utterly stupid as quoting it without knowing what it contained.)

I can keep going if you like, there's a couple more army-based Fallschirmjäger units, but I think the point is made. I will, of course, continue if you'd like me to :)

Kindly go away now. You've been owned by your own source.

P.S That was amusing :lol:
"army-based"? More like attached to Heer units when the situation demanded it. They were certainly not a part of the Heer; their uniforms were different, their ranks were different and their equipment was different.
The Luftwaffe consisted of air units that made up the majority of the German airforce, as well as Fallschrimjäger units, Luftwaffe Field Divisions, the elite Herman Göring ground formations, thousands of smaller anti-aircraft, engineer, communications and security units, and a fair number of Luftwaffe naval vessels and formations as well. Between 1939 and 1945 over 3.4 million served in the Luftwaffe. Over 165,000 were killed, over 155,000 went missing and over 192,000 were wounded. Of the 7361 men awarded the inital grade of the highest German combat honor of WWII, the Knights Cross, 1785 were from the Luftwaffe making up 24% of the total awaded.
Anyway, this is what we are debating:
Since ucking when does the Lüftwaffe fight on land? Sure they had a ground corps, but they didn't dress like Fallschirmjäger. Nor did they defend the Normandy area. Idiot.
And there is absolutely no doubt that you made a complete ****ing idiot out of yourself with that statement.

The Luftwaffe had a ground corps, it dressed as Fallschirmjägers, it did fight on land and it did defend Normandy. Heh, even people who have seen Band of Brothers know that.

But fair enough, they did fight along with Heer units. OMFG me sooo 0wnz0red! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
In an article in PC Zone magazine it says that you paly in 3 different games and not as a "super soldier", but instead with team mates.

PC Zone says that one British mission takes place on a dam where you have to take out the aa guns so the dambuster can come in a blow the place up, a russion mission where u in poland in a tank blasting away at tigers and panzers.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
The Luftwaffe had a ground corps, it dressed as Fallschirmjägers, it did fight on land and it did defend Normandy. Heh, even people who have seen Band of Brothers know that.

Are you saying the luftwaffe ground corps was the same thing as the FJ? They were two seperate unit types.

Fallschirmjäger were Fallschirmjäger, nothing more, nothing less. They were luftwaffe units attached to Heeresgruppes, because after crete hitler didn't trust them enough to do large scale airborne ops and they were used as normal ground formations.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Sidewinder said:
Are you saying the luftwaffe ground corps was the same thing as the FJ? They were two seperate unit types.

Fallschirmjäger were Fallschirmjäger, nothing more, nothing less. They were luftwaffe units attached to Heeresgruppes, because after crete hitler didn't trust them enough to do large scale airborne ops and they were used as normal ground formations.
The Fallschirmjager divisions were the Luftwaffe's airborne ground forces. "Nothing more, nothing less". It is correct what you are saying about Hitler's lack of faith in airborne operations after Crete, but that doesn't mean that the FJ divisons were Heer units.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
They were not ground forces. The luftwaffe had seperate ground infantry units as well as the elite Herman Göring ground units. Check feldgrau if you don't believe me. The Fallschrimjäger were exactly that, the Fallschirmjäger. Airborne troops who were used as conventional ground troops. The actual Luftwaffe Infantry divisions were a seperate thing.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Spier said:
"army-based"? More like attached to Heer units when the situation demanded it. They were certainly not a part of the Heer; their uniforms were different, their ranks were different and their equipment was different.
Anyway, this is what we are debating: And there is absolutely no doubt that you made a complete fucking idiot out of yourself with that statement.

The Luftwaffe had many divisions of ground troops. These troops WERE NOT THE FALLSCHIRMJAGER DIVISIONS

There were 22 Field Divions of the Luftwaffe. Including artillery and Pioneer units. The Fallschirmjäger divisions, if you must insist on calling them Luftwaffe units, comprise such a tiny percentage of this, that calling them "the luftwaffe's ground troops" is just utterly fucking rediculous.

The Luftwaffe had ground units, plenty of ground units, but they didn't fight in Normandy, or Crete, or Cassino, or anywhere else for that matter. They secured and defended air fields, and other points of interest for the Luftwaffe. These regiments were not offensive units by nature. They conducted small scale operations in the strategic interests of the Luftwafe, such as taking air fields. I cannot stress this point enough: THEY WERE NOT FALLSCHIRMJAGER

It was the Fallschirmjäger divisions who went out and faught in Normandy, Crete, Cassino and Scandinavia. 23 of them in total, including the Ersatz division, not couting SSFJ.

Also, the Fallschirmjäger are not just grunts with Parachute training. That's like saying the Waffen SS are just grunts with black uniforms. The Fallschirmjäger were elite troops. The best modern day equivalent would be the American Ranger Regiments. The FJ were commanded by Heer units for the majority of the war. The fact that they operated under Heer command alone is enough to justify calling them a Heer unit. What good is crediting the Luftwaffe with owning them if the Luftwaffe doesn't even retain command over them?

And just to further prove that the Fallschirmjäger aren't Luftwaffe units, suck this down: http://www.wssob.com/500abtfsj.html

You were however, correct on one point...

Spier said:
OMFG me sooo 0wnz0red! :rolleyes:

So seriously, just stop. I'm not the only one who's proved you wrong now. You've lost, so just shutup and deal with it.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
This is getting tedious.

I don't have the time right now to reply properly, but lets just say that there is a very good reason why Feldgrau has put the FJ divisions in the Luftwaffe section of their page. It might be a bit tricky, but even you should be able to figure that one out with time.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Your precious Feldgrau has also listed in more than one division history that they were under Heer command at the Army level. It's over, you lose, go away.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
jaunty said:
Your precious Feldgrau has also listed in more than one division history that they were under Heer command at the Army level. It's over, you lose, go away.
That's it. Nobody can be that dumb. You made an ass out of yourself, get over it.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Look, I've already proved it once using your source, so this is the last post I'm making on the matter.

You said the Fallschirmjäger in Normandy were Luftwaffe. I say you're an idiot, and wrong. Feldgrau agrees with me, so sod off. It's not a hard or complex equation here.

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The only thing I can admit to you having proven is that a few FJ divisions were under Heer command, that is also the only thing Feldgrau agree with you on. But note that they were only commanded, they were not an internal unit of the Heer.

IIRC, the FJ regiments in Normandy were only comanded by the Heer since the FJ's were on a training excercise in the area at the time of the invasion. Eek, so the Germans were a dynamic fighting force, that doesn't make the FJ's Heer units.

If Feldgrau agreed with you then they would have listed the FJ's under Heer infantry divisions . As you can see, they are not. Please, stop wasting my time and go away.

Last edited:

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
So you're saying a clerical error overrides what they've written in the detailed unit histories... Ok then... :rolleyes: