Bulletstorm Postmortem With Cliff B

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
People who don't like MP tend to like SP not for the fun of the game but for the sake of story.
I agree I liked single player UT3 exclusively for its intriguing story. Good point.

Last edited:

Elude

Apr 17, 2010
I agree I liked single player UT3 exclusively for its intriguing story. Good point.

The entire thing was sarcasm, just like your post, and I feel sorry for you if you liked anything about UT3's single player lol.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
[GU]elmur_fud;2495032 said:
Typcasting time. People who don't like SP tend to like MP not for the fun of the game but to abuse others. A method of empowerment, or to exert their domince over others. If they lack the skills to get the kills they cheat or lame them. :p
LOL :)

People who don't like MP tend to like SP not for the fun of the game but for the sake of story. A six hour game is worth their 50 dollars, just enough time to buy the next game. If they lack the imagination skills to read a book they pick up a video game to do it for them.
LOL :lol:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
People who don't like MP tend to like SP not for the fun of the game but for the sake of story. A six hour game is worth their 50 dollars, just enough time to buy the next game. If they lack the imagination skills to read a book they pick up a video game to do it for them.

I took my info from a study about online predators/bullies. Not sure wher you got yours, but I personally have a couple thousand books albiet most aren't novels but referance, textbooks, and history. Infact just about every gamer I know that likes SP reads allot of books also.

It would be a relevant point that there is also the social gamer aspect of the solely MP. I know many of those. They do allot of talking in games. There is also the highly competitive sort... which may or may not be some sort of pariah.

But your hate for SP seemed a bit over the top. So I left out what seemed flawed about the typcasting.

Some people like SP some like MP some like both. Businesses like money. SP haters lose.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The entire thing was sarcasm, just like your post, and I feel sorry for you if you liked anything about UT3's single player lol.

Well feel sorry for us man. My eyes rained in tears of sadness when jester died.

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
[GU]elmur_fud;2495032 said:
Typcasting time. People who don't like SP tend to like MP not for the fun of the game but to abuse others. A method of empowerment, or to exert their domince over others. If they lack the skills to get the kills they cheat or lame them. :p

I didn't notice the italic part and almost lost it. :lol:

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
My eyes rained in tears of sadness when jester died.

You needed a long time to complete the training level where you killed her ten times then?

I cried when I found out that there was no tournament in UT3.

But otherwise the story was great and logical "They use Respawners in wars now?". Yes, what military genius came up with the idea to use them in wars? Probably the same person who decided to mark the secret FLAGs with colored cloth so that the enemy can find it more easily.

Fortunately the story in Bulletstorm is from PCF (it is, isn't it?) ... otherwise we had it starting in a prison again (849, Marcus) and characters doing totally stupid things the player would never do (Reaper) to completely destroy the relation between charater and player.

Last edited:

Elude

Apr 17, 2010
[GU]elmur_fud;2495065 said:
I took my info from a study about online predators/bullies. Not sure wher you got yours, but I personally have a couple thousand books albiet most aren't novels but referance, textbooks, and history. Infact just about every gamer I know that likes SP reads allot of books also.

It would be a relevant point that there is also the social gamer aspect of the solely MP. I know many of those. They do allot of talking in games. There is also the highly competitive sort... which may or may not be some sort of pariah.

But your hate for SP seemed a bit over the top. So I left out what seemed flawed about the typcasting.

Some people like SP some like MP some like both. Businesses like money. SP haters lose.

Listen I got my info from giant blobs of hair, doesn't get any beastlier then that.

Secondly, I fit into none of the types of MP players you listed, I hate talking, being social, being competitive or being an asshole online. Yet I enjoy MP more.

Lastly I never said I hated SP, someone else said that, I'm just showing how MP is greater then SP. It simply has more zazz ok, while SP has no zazz!