Bulletstorm Postmortem With Cliff B

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Elude

Apr 17, 2010
(what's up with Deathmatch being in every ****ing game? Aside that, it won't work in Bulletstorm).

Versus mode would work with bulletstorm, it's just a matter of how you handle it. All I need is some weapons to shoot people with and I'm satisfied, I wouldn't care if they removed all the other gimmicks that make up single player to make a versus mode.

Also whats with single player being in every ****ing game?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Versus mode would work with bulletstorm, it's just a matter of how you handle it. All I need is some weapons to shoot people with and I'm satisfied, I wouldn't care if they removed all the other gimmicks that make up single player to make a versus mode.

Because Single Player owns! :eek:

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site

Because not all of us have friends. :(

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008

This is full of win.

Because Single Player owns!

This is full of fail. I'm sure the computer AI will be spontaneous, robust and not easily exploited after 2 levels of play. /sarcasm

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
^ ;)
lol cheatox, don't judge my SP love, but I don't give a damn about Online gaming. Since Unreal 1.

Last edited:

Elude

Apr 17, 2010
It is like saying you do not like books because they have a story.

Did you seriously compare a video game to a book lol, video games don't need stories, books do.

SP and MP are two different beasts, and if you don't like SP you are incomplete as a gamer and as a person.

I suggest counceling and intense supervised drug therapy.

What if you don't like MP, because as far as I know this is what makes up most of the "game" part.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
SP FTW.
I've played MP 10 years ago, I don't need any more if it. I've played it all.
...as old as Methuselah :)

In my opinion it depends on the game if a SP is worth the buy. It's harder to implement a good SP than MP. UT had always an outstanding AI and Steve Polge did a great job on that. It's possible to play some challenging matches in SP only with bots. Bulletstorm based on that great engine will surely have a fun SP. The MP is abnormal and will never use all options of the engine... No way!

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Typcasting time. People who don't like SP tend to like MP not for the fun of the game but to abuse others. A method of empowerment, or to exert their domince over others. If they lack the skills to get the kills they cheat or lame them. :p

Elude

Apr 17, 2010
[GU]elmur_fud;2495032 said:
Typcasting time. People who don't like SP tend to like MP not for the fun of the game but to abuse others. A method of empowerment, or to exert their domince over others. If they lack the skills to get the kills they cheat or lame them. :p

People who don't like MP tend to like SP not for the fun of the game but for the sake of story. A six hour game is worth their 50 dollars, just enough time to buy the next game. If they lack the imagination skills to read a book they pick up a video game to do it for them.