Another map wish-list topic where you should post

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

STC_Wacky

I love maps that are based in cities....you know with cars and lamp posts to dodge and hide between. DM-UrbanArena is the best city map I've played...wish it had more details like though

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, TheEdge, the Japanese one and the Bathroom were all Unreal DMmaps. I guess that shows just how revolutionary the Unreal editor/engine really is.

I noticed people don't use their translocator as much as they should.

I think someone should make a map where translocator use is almost mandatory.

CTF-Chasm Towers

The two identical red and blue bases are seperated by a large canyon which can only be crossed by translocator. There could be several walls that have no way around them, and you need to shoot yourself over.

And the flag should be on a long acceleration tube like in hall of giants. Like a huge pillar where the flag sits upon, taller than CTF-Face. Don't make the map low grav though, just don't shoot people too high. The only way to get down would be jumping down into a pool of water waaay below, and there would be an underwater way back to base. You can't go back the way you came, because you would have to use your translocator and you would drop your flag. There might be two or three pools so there would be more than one return route.

I don't know if you can change how powerful the translocator gun is (how far it shoots), without changing the gravity, but that would allow you to make walls and things a bit taller so you won't be able to see the whole map at the same time.

Of course, there would be a birds eye view from the flag towers, and a sniper could pick off anyone coming for the flag, but since all the return routes are underwater/underground, they would actually have to give pursuit.

If you could make doors open only if the person is carrying the flag, that would make it possible to go from the underwater/underground return route to the acceleration tube without the translocator.

I guess I just really, really, like the translocator and wish I had one in real life. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

That, and a grappling hook a la Lithium. I love lith.

bullet2.gif

Ask the carney folk to get it, they're great climbers!

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
Hey I like the three ship idea for domination. That would be neat if you could make three ships (i.e. take the galleon) and put them sort of in a triangle like the Morpheus towers, close enough to jump to (maybe) with a plank or two connecting them, and teleports. That could be some serious fun.

bullet2.gif

I declare myself to be the self-annointed voice of reason for PuF!

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
A good assault map - and I mean no disrespect to POWs or anything - would be a resuce the prisoners type. Have to strom a Vietnamese POW camp (as seen on any good war movie) with the thatch huts on stilts (guard towers) machine gun nests, barbed wire, trenches, etc. The compound would have some open areas for battling it out, towers for sniping and defending, maybe some spiked pit traps, etc.

Gee, sorry I didn't read all the post origninally, but now I se some one suggest a Nam based map, but didn't offer specifics per se.

bullet2.gif

I declare myself to be the self-annointed voice of reason for PuF!

MLaw

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
If I had any mapmaking skill, this is what I would do:

Nuklear Fusion (think that's their name) has come out with a prefab of a Stargate (from the movie and TV series.) I think it would be really cool to have a map that has a military installation linked to an Egyptian pyramid via the stargate. Now, you could either have the stargate just teleport you back and forth, or a better idea I had would be to make a "room" between the two stargates. The "room" would essentially be a huge starfield in all directions and a tube of transparent light that the player shoots through (kind of like the tubes in DM-AggressiveTendanciesII.)

bullet2.gif

Laying down the Law.

CTF-Heaven and Hell

Where hell is really dark, and above is heaven, which is bright. Obviously, it wouldn't be symmetrical, and there could be greek like pillars in heaven and pearly gates, and places you could fall through the clouds. In hell there would be lava, gates made of bones, and twisted spikes and stuff. etc...

You know what it would look like.

That would be a cool map to play on.

Or you could make it into a domination map if you added Earth in the middle of heaven and hell, it would be a huge map, but controlling hell, heaven, and the Earth would be awsome!!

Heehee, cut and paste from my other post.
bgfaces.jpg

bullet2.gif

Ask the carney folk to get it, they're great climbers!

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Space Shuttle and Launch Pad
<LI>Ocean research station from the Movie "Deep Blue Sea"
<LI>Artic research station from the movie "The Thing" (John Carpender)
<LI>Football Stadium
<LI>Gilligan's Island
<LI>Myan/Aztec Temple
<LI>Boeing 747 (757, Airbus 3**,whatever) in flight.
<LI>The Great Pyramids and the Sphinx of Giza.
<LI>St.Basil's Cathedral, Kermlin-Moscow (search www for pictures)
<LI>Angkor Temples of Cambodia (search www for pictures)
<LI>Col. Kurtz's camp from the movie "Apocalypse Now."
<LI>Missle Silo (Minute-Man, Titan][, etc...)
<LI>Gila Cliff Dwellings of New Mexico (search www for pictures)
<LI>Moon base ala "2001 Space Odyssey" and/or Big Wheel space-station.
<LI>An Under-construction High rise building.
<LI>Theme Park/Carnaval/Fair. (Roller-coasters, Farris Wheel, Etc...)
<LI>The Effiel Tower.
<LI>"Deep Space Nine" space-station.
<LI>Nuclear Reactor facility.
<LI>The Hindenburg Zeppelin in-flight (interior, exterior)
<LI>W.M. Keck Observatory, Mauna Kea, Hawaii. (search www for pics)
<LI>Inside Hover Dam
<LI>Outside Hover Dam
<LI>USS Enterprise
<LI>USN Enterprise
<LI>Airport
<LI>Parking Garage
</UL>

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 108675

I read somewhere that lava giant was originally going to be a canyon map. The maker didn't like where it was going, so he inverted it, and the middle island was created.

Well, I think it would be cool if someone made his original idea.

CTF-Mountain Giant

Island in Lava becomes a canyon. There would be a bunch of narrow bridges over it. There could be water in the canyon, and underground tunnels to get out (don't have them come out near the bases though. The pits into the lava become mountains (basically the poles like in killgore, except a lot thicker. Their functions would be to limit your vision to limit the polycount. You should be able to walk among the mountains freely.

There should be "catwalks" among the mountains and walkways suspended and attached to the mountains. It should be a complex network of walkways... It should also pass over the canyon, connecting the red and blue teams walkway network. The mountains might have tunnels in them, and whatnot.

Important: There should be a lot of plain space around each base. You shouldn't be able to jump from the walkways to the base. At the very least, there should be as much flat space around each base as in LavaGiant.

Summary: Bases are left intact for the most part. Two sets of mountains take the place of the lava area. (read: each team gets a set on either side of the canyon) The island in CTF-Lava is now a canyon with water at the bottom with a way to get out. There are supended walkways among the mountains. There is a number of small bridges over the canyon.

There would be three ways to go from one base to the other:

1. Over the walkway network. You won't even have to touch the ground (until you get to the open area around each base)

2. On the ground: between your team's mountains, over the canyon's narrow bridges, and through the other team's mountains.

3. Using the underground tunnels. There will only be a couple, primarily meant for getting out of the canyon, but can be used to get away from pursuers. The tunnels should not emerge near the bases.

Needless to say, there will be a lot of captures if there are less than 20 players. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

So cap limit high, lots of defense.

I hope someone makes even one of these. Hopefully this one. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I declare myself the ruler of all I survey!

Unfortunately, all I survey is the tv and my feet.