Addon Idea - Get Out Of Jail Free Card

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
That would overly complicate things -- and adrenaline combos aren't specific to Jailbreak, so it would make more sense to have those in a mutator that you could use with any gametype.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Zidane, As much as that sounds like an interesting idea I must say i agree with Spoondog and Tarquin. It would just overcomplicate things. Also if you had read the rest of the forum you would have realised that having a button press wasn't a popular idea except with me, having loads of different buttons to configure would be a pain in the arse.
IMO you couldn't summarise better than Spoondog has.
Also like tarquin said that would be much better as a non jailbreak specific mutater. The whole idea of the GetOutOfJailFreeCard is for a small little mutater for making JailBreak more fun, its not designed for confusing n00bs.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
lol

let's just stick with the get-out-of-jail-free-card. Coding is the final step. First we gotta look how it shows up in Ut2004 (RevBillyG's monopoly card was pretty, but think it can be improved since he just made it real quick). It also gotta show up on your HUD when you have it. Maybe would be nice if it would scream with the GTA3 voice "Get out of jail free card!" when taken/shotten. When we get these things, we'll resume by discussing about rules. Ok with you Head?

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
jrubzjeknf said:
let's just stick with the get-out-of-jail-free-card. Coding is the final step. First we gotta look how it shows up in Ut2004 (RevBillyG's monopoly card was pretty, but think it can be improved since he just made it real quick). It also gotta show up on your HUD when you have it. Maybe would be nice if it would scream with the GTA3 voice "Get out of jail free card!" when taken/shotten. When we get these things, we'll resume by discussing about rules. Ok with you Head?
I like RevBillyG's card. But if someone reckons they can make something better then go ahead and give it a shot.
Something so you know you have it will be usefull, You want to know you have it and I reckon it will also be good if other people know you have it. IE F1 menu shows you have it in a similar way to in CTF showing that you have a flag. I dunno much about changing the hud or anything so I dunno about how to do it.
GTA3 idea is nice. Would make it more obvious that you have one.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
zidane01970 said:
To make it interesting why dont you make a bunch of different pickups like one that gives you temporary speed another for temporary invisibility (that's adrenaline speed and invi combo) one for temporary higher jumps (also speed combo or someone's gotta make antigravity boots) and for temporary and of course the get out of jail free card...... we could also call these Items and you can scroll through these items and use them with unused buttons (we don't have unused buttons :lol: ) and have it all configurable in the input folder... its sorta like how the artifacts work in ut2004rpg (so we would be creating something that's already been done)!! the idea ...blablabla

taken care of ^^

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Hehe the one time my PM box gets full and everyone one wants to use it :)

I was thinking about the card. Basically, we need a nice simple card that spawns, spins on the spot, has a nice emitter around it and then either disappears after a set amount of time or is picked up.

For the spawning/disappearing effect imagine this. Take a piece of paper fold it in half, fold it in half again and keep on doing so until the paper disappears.
This could be used for the card disappearing (running the animation backwards would be the spawning effect).

I could do this in Max and then import into UT as a .ukx file. As far a coding it, well sorry but I'm clueless :)

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
doesn't matter, we'll try to find someone else for the coding (or maybe I could screw around with it. I suck at mapping big time (LlamaSanctuary?) and Maya even more :S)

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
So whats gunna happen now as no one has really said anything in 2 days... I like the idea of te folding paper, so is anyone gunna have a try at coding it? I can't, i havn't a clue!

Sorry, my mistake... 3 days
i thought it was the 6th today

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
RevBillyG, I (and I expect Head too) would really like it if you could do that. Since anyone else didn't bring up an idea (and I really like yours), I hoped you'd do it. Else this project might never be released :S

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Actually, since the key mesh has already been made (and I'm lazy ;)) it might be an idea to try that first.

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
RevBillyG said:
Actually, since the key mesh has already been made (and I'm lazy ;)) it might be an idea to try that first.

but the card :eek: :( :mad: :flak: :enforcer: :shock: :biorifle: :rl:

I want the card :( oh well, maybie someday someone else will make it

O yeah that would mean the audio file is useless... it is no longer a get out of jail free 'CARD'

erm trying to think of other reasons to mamke you change your mind...

oh i got one... everyone will call u lazy

Last edited:

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
I don't think you can actually use the GTA3 sound file anyway, things from UT2004 are allowed only because Epic/Atari graciously (it's in their self-interest but still) allows us to use their content. That obviously doesn't apply to other people's games.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
so we can't use the monopoly texture either? That's what you say. Besides, it's an optional addon: if you don't want something that has to do with other games, don't download it. And besides, IT'S A FRIGGIN SOUND FILE!! Only the people who know GTA2, will know that the sound file came from there. So you don't 'say' to people: "You hear this cool sound? That's from GTA2! Go get it now!", and therefore it shouldn't be a problem.

to tarquin and RevBillyG: why use key mesh? And I'm not gonna code (gonna do first time ever) when I don't have my stuff right. So that's why I'd like to ask if you could plz finish the card and it's folding animation. The card rox, me and many others would REALLY like it to have it in the game. Rev, could you plz finish and release it? Pretty plz?? You'll get a cookie :):tup:

Last edited: