Addon Idea - Get Out Of Jail Free Card

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
RevBillyG said:
That wasn't an emitter in that pic. It was just me putting a quick effect around the card. Hell, even the map wasnt real (the background)

Seriously? nice? I wish I knew how to do stuff like that. Anyway i really like the idea of just using the card off monopoly, it just looks right

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Using the card by forcing it to be bound to a key could cause complications and annoyances. Every spare keyboard button I have once I've set the necessary keys is used for a taunt or an order etc, so maybe you could implement another Jailbreak control keybind, thru the addon window and/or the normal keybind window.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The_Head said:
I would like to see loads of options but it would just make it harder to make

yup.

The_Head, you CAN'T say something like 'E' because you can't know what key the user has set.
I like Mych's idea. It might mean we need an extra 1st person model though. And there's the matter of 3rd person view too.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
The_Head said:
I'l start by saying where have you been Nova, ain't seen you online for ages.
I'm sry, Head. Was on a holiday for two weeks. Told it to angel, expected he'd pass on the message <flames darchangel> ;). As to make it up with you, I made a TeamSymbol which you can put up on your server. Mailed angel the info. You can get it at http://www.geocities.com/novaanco/TeamSymbols_kokrull.htm or download from the att. Gotta say I made it purely for server use, so there's no .int involved. Copy two lines from TeamSymbols_UT2003 or soemthing like that, change the texture name to TeamSymbols_kokrull and the logo name to kokrull_blue or kokrull_red (dunno for sure, was 2 weeks ago, you know ;))

The_Head said:
Now back to the thread topic.
Good idea :2thumb: :rolleyes:

The_Head said:
Some jails aren't next to the map ie JB-nosense (god i hate that map)
You must not look at that, JB-Arlon has glass instead of bars. Wanna give a jailed person the card? Kill yourself and throw it to him when you're in jail. (quick one: you lose relics when you die. Can you easily code that when you die, you won't drop the card?)

The_Head said:
I don't agree with last point there mate, :D It should your fault that you forgot to use it, when everyone is captured the card should then be reset.
I also don't agree with your last point there, my friend. When you're the last person and you go to jail, JB automatically triggers the execution. When being the last one, holding the card and getting send to jail, it won't matter whether you have the card or not: execution will be triggered anyway. Using the card while being executed will lock the game. And if you have some n00b not knowing his team already 'lost' and just frags the enemies that are standing still (looking at the execution) and trying to release dead teammates, the match is totally screwed. Forcibly using the GOOJFC (damn that looks weird :B) will prevent the last person (which carries the card) to be send to jail, in order to give losing the team a last chance. Idea or what :cool::tup:

ps. Are these nice to use this as jailbars?

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:D

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
ZedMaestro said:
Using the card by forcing it to be bound to a key could cause complications and annoyances. Every spare keyboard button I have once I've set the necessary keys is used for a taunt or an order etc, so maybe you could implement another Jailbreak control keybind, thru the addon window and/or the normal keybind window.
I meant pressing "E" as an example, that is what I would set it as. Also using ASDW is the default controls so it made sense. Having it set up so that you can choose what button would have to be inplemented for people who play with different controls.
tarquin said:
The_Head, you CAN'T say something like 'E' because you can't know what key the user has set.
I like Mych's idea. It might mean we need an extra 1st person model though. And there's the matter of 3rd person view too.
Surely it will be easier to code it to a button press. Also I think that adding an extra weapon just for that is pointless. How much bigger is this gonna make the file for example?
Also if your are going to use a new model I reckon it would be much simpler to use a reskinned translocater.
jrubzjeknf said:
I'm sry, Head. Was on a holiday for two weeks. Told it to angel, expected he'd pass on the message <flames darchangel> . As to make it up with you, I made a TeamSymbol which you can put up on your server. Mailed angel the info. You can get it at http://www.geocities.com/novaanco/T...ols_kokrull.zip or download from the att. Gotta say I made it purely for server use, so there's no .int involved. Copy two lines from TeamSymbols_UT2003 or soemthing like that, change the texture name to TeamSymbols_kokrull and the logo name to kokrull_blue or kokrull_red (dunno for sure, was 2 weeks ago, you know)
No Problems. I'm just looking forwed to owning your ass online.
Thanks for the link, I'l check this as soon as I finish writing this post.
jrubzjeknf said:
You must not look at that, JB-Arlon has glass instead of bars. Wanna give a jailed person the card? Kill yourself and throw it to him when you're in jail. (quick one: you lose relics when you die. Can you easily code that when you die, you won't drop the card?
I thought people meant it like you could stand outside the jail and throw it to people on the inside.

PS. Nice jailbars, may be tricky to put in a map:lol:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Just let the gd card respond to the 'Use'-line. Should work.

Own my ass? You'd wish. First two games maybe, but after that I should be my old self again and frag the hell outta you :tup:

The link is: http://www.geocities.com/novaandco/TeamSymbols_kokrull.htm. The old link is correct too, but geocities won't hotlink

Throwing to the inside could be done, but many jailcells don't have that option. Consider if it should be done.

Jailbars can be done quite easily actually, you just gotta know Maya so you can paste the image on the bar. And since I don't know a f*** about Maya, it's gonna be tricky after all :p.

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
jrubzjeknf said:
Own my ass? You'd wish. First two games maybe, but after that I should be my old self again and frag the hell outta you :tup:.
We will see about that won't we. Now if only my pc was working properly.....

The link still is not working for me, could you email them to me?

Throwing to the inside of the jail would be interesting but i don't think it would be worth doing

I'l also point out I was not serious about smiley jailbars

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The nicest thing is to make things Inventory -- but you lose them when you die.

So we'd probably make them Info subclass, unless there's a way to make an inventory non-losable :)

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
The_Head said:
We will see about that won't we. Now if only my pc was working properly.....

The link still is not working for me, could you email them to me?

Throwing to the inside of the jail would be interesting but i don't think it would be worth doing

I'l also point out I was not serious about smiley jailbars

Blaming your pc? Aaah, you can do better than that ;)

link typo again :p: http://www.geocities.com/novaandco/TeamSymbols_kokrull.htm

I wasn't serious about smiley jailbars too........(JB-SmileyCity? :p)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
So you don't believe me that my pc is ****ed. Nothing I can do about that then other than tell you when the pc is on, running no programs the processors temp is 65*C. It should be more like 30*C. Because of the temp as soon as I try a match in UT2004 my pc overheats and freezes. I've tryed lower settings and my processor is performing so badly that I am only getting 20 fps on lower settings (800x600 medium settings) were I would normally get 50fps with full sttings at1024x768. Believe me now?

Thanks for the link, it works this time

JB-SmileyCity. hmmmm, over to you people.... :lol:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
65*C degrees? Ever considered putting your pc in the fireplace? :D
Is it screwed up or is your fan pretty much dead....

ps. it's getting OT here.......:p

ps2. I believe ya ;)

Last edited:

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
The_Head said:
Has anyone else got ideas for the Get Out Of Jail Free Card?

well if you like i can get the get out of jail free card out my set and scan it its newer and from the kent edition in england!
i love monopoly....
had a game last nigh with my bro and i was thrashed he had 4000 excluding propertys and houses
i had around 1000 INcluding i was doing well holding up though

as for the get out of jail free card i really dont mind which method you choose to make it usable... as long as it works and www.kokrull.com (the sever) gets it lol

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
-There's only one
-Forcibly used (look up my previous posts)
-optional (for instagib very useful): Let it respawn somewhere else every 2 seconds. To receive it, you gotta shoot it. This because it's very easy to shoot the guys trying to get it when it's steady for some while.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
jrubzjeknf said:
-There's only one
Yes definetly only 1 at a time
jrubzjeknf said:
-Forcibly used (look up my previous posts)
Could work but IMO should be optional. although is it was forced it would save configuring a button to do it or making an extra weapon. Perhaps make it optional?
jrubzjeknf said:
-optional (for instagib very useful): Let it respawn somewhere else every 2 seconds. To receive it, you gotta shoot it. This because it's very easy to shoot the guys trying to get it when it's steady for some while.
I think moving every 2 seconds would make it way too hard to get. Being shot whilst getting it is good. It makes it a risk to get the card. Anyway if you do go to jail atleast you know you can get straight out, assuming u go to the card in time)
:lol:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
Yes, if possible. We need to finally decide what rules there are for it, whether they are configurable and what its gonna look like. I would love to see it look like that monopoly card made by RevBillyG. Also some who knows how make it. Because I don't have a slightest clue. lol

zidane01970

May 1, 2004
how bout this!!! Its a great idea!!!

To make it interesting why dont you make a bunch of different pickups like one that gives you temporary speed another for temporary invisibility one for temporary higher jumps and for temporary and of course the get out of jail free card...... we could also call these Items and you can scroll through these items and use them with unused buttons and have it all configurable in the input folder... its sorta like how the artifacts work in ut2004rpg!! the idea works and itll add a little spice to the gameplay(maybe make it so the map creater can make the items random or place them somewhere) Hope you like my idea........ :D :D

And make those hard to get !><!PERMANANT ITEMS!><!<-----(wow that looks like candy lol).......(make them spawn less often)

Last edited: