Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-OINK-GGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some help........... please?!!!!!! anybody?

okay, here comes: suppose u create a brush (like a cube) as a zone portal. inside the cube lies the zone and all sides of the cube are portals, now I want to use one side of the brush to seal of another zone, when I do this, the first zone inside the cube gets lost (haven't tried it this simple, but in my map it comes to this)! how do I solve this??

in my map I tried any possible order of brushes, I even added a second zone-portal (as sheet) on the side of the brush, all with no effect

(second question: is it possible to in- or decrease sthe u- or v-pan speed?
third question: is it possible to make the visible texture of a light pulse? without a trick with movers or whatever?)

many thanx to he (or she, yea right, uch) who can help me out!

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You should use only sheets as ZPs...

Pan speed:
Put a Zoneinfo into the zone and under it's ZoneLight tab raise the Panspeed. Rebuild

Light Pulse:
Set a Lighteffect or change the LightType...

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
You can use a cube or whatever to block off a zone under certain situations. In one of my maps I placed a low gravity area over a Large Fan in the ground to simulate blowing you upwards. I used a Cylinder for that and made it a Non-solid ZP. IF you are making a cube but then you try to add another cube onto the side of it for the next area then the 2 touching sided of both cubes will become merged and you will lose that side. It would be better to just cut the area in half with a zone portal sheet, Or a combination of sheets to make a cube. Or you can add a cube first and then add 5 sheets next to it making another cube only you leave out the 6th sheet since the first cube already provided that side that would be touching the 2nd cube.

i can't use sheets for my zp's chris, see I have this tube of healing water that flotes upwards into some kind of cylinder, so the water going upwards is a cylinder that can be entered from each side and you can swim up into the tank. the tank is sealed of by the cylinder of water......... and....... pfffffffff never mind, some original maps have brushes as Zp's you know, like DM-healpod, I also have a Zp in the shape of a cone at the top of my ventilator shaft to make it work naturally when you are blown out of it into the air. nope, sorry, but I really can't live with you're statement "You should use only sheets as ZPs... "

ohw and light effects ore types don't effect the texture of the light chris, you know, I meant the texture that is often used in a skybox? I want that to dissapear and reappear repeateadly* you know?

thanx for the pan speed dough*, that was helpfull

*excuse my english

(ohw, can I take screenshots in the editor?, than I can show u what I mean.....)

hehe i did the exacte same thing with the fan...... but the cube whas an example, i'm actually using a cylinder and cince the sides are dependent of the radius, I could never build this one out of sheets, yea could, but that brings me a lot of rebuilding and I where hoping for the easy way

ohwyea, merging the sides and loosing the zones is no problem, see it is actually the same zone that is seald of and the brush (only now the brush only seals of the zone, but the brush itzelfe is merged with the zone around it

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
I know that other brushes can be used as ZPs...I meant if nothing else works build up your cube zone with sheets...sorry for not being clear.

Which texture? A corona?

stu84

SF Mapper
Dec 3, 2000
UK
www.geocities.com
I would have to agree with Chris. You can use brushes to block off zones, but from my experience it is better to use sheets just dont leave any gaps :)

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You'll need to modify a corona tex and save it in your own Texpack.

If you want it to blink then.
-Make a fully masked texture with the same size.
-Export the corona tex.
-Import it as an animating texture with the blank masks too. Open up it's properties and set the Animnext to the next frame in the "animation" in each frame and set a framerate.

Or use a mover :)

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You asked for an alternative...

Another one...

Make the texture Special Lit...
Add a light next to it with Speciallit-True
Set a huge brightness for it so the corona will shine
Set the light to pulse

Easier...:D

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
OK...
I should have given you this answer in the first place... :D

I'm just too tired...I've started a Beta test thread and GC just won't let people download my file...

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Originally posted by Ren Höek
ones used on a light I cant set the corona to special lit can I? and also not in the brush properties right? so where should I set the corona as special lit (it has to be on a light to always face the viewport of the player right?)???????

Coronas can't be used in skyboxes...They can be used as masked decoration sheets.

ahhhhhhhhh, i think I know what the prob was, the same thing I had with the fan, the nonsolid brush seals the other zone of on the edge of a sustracted hole in a additive brush, I rember doing this with the cone of the fan a while ago, and that coused holes, only now the holes aren't visible..... I'll go try it right away (happy happy joy joy:))

well deamn, no you're right, but the same textures are used 4 the corona's as for the texture

see I meant texture and not corona, corona is what u get when u set the texture 4 the sprite righ?, but that does'nt matter becouse u're first solution works just fine:)

ohw btw, I downloaded you're map just now using flashget, np, a little slow that's all, cant play right now, so I'll test it tomorrow, can't wait, goodie goodie goodie:)))))))))))))

Yes, yihaaaaa, I have finally made it come tru, okay there are some holes I have to get rid of, but the zones are okay, I first tried to make the hole smaller than the side of the brush that seals it of, that didn't work, now I tried it with the extra sheet and made the nonsolid zonebrush-side a little smaller than the sheet, and voila!!! (well, now I have to adjust a lot to the new size but okay) so now......... mmmmmm what does anybody care anywayzzzz?!!! whell atleast I'm getting a better rank with al these posts, it should be godlike, just as I am in the game (hey my name is Ren remember) okay I'll just quit talking to myselfe now, I'm probably the only one that can read my terrible enlish in the first place.......

Paladin

Where do I mount the silencer?
Jan 4, 2000
QBVille
www.quirkybastards.net
Blinking lights

I found this tutorial mentioned in another post. It has a section on making blinking lights and coronas. It's also got a lot of other useful lighting tips and techniques. I highly recommend it.

http://usa.internations.net/cyber/g4m3s/utmapcenter/tutorials/lighting/lighting.html

Also, you might check in the Unreall.utx texture pack. I think it's the textures, some of them anyway, from the original Unreal. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw at least one in it that was a pulsing corona or would work as one. I'm probably wrong, but it's worth a look.

Pal
-----------
Happiness is an ice cold Corona
-----------