A mut to deactivate the Shock Combo?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Case he's getting his butt kicked by it and instead of trying to develop some skill, wants it taken out. Am I far off?

Remember the guy who made a sniperless sniper rifle, and how well THAT was recieved? I'm sensing the same thing here...... :D

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
I understand the other people 0wning you with the combo, but usually what you do is play some singleplayer and practice. People don't just become godlike out of the clear blue sky do they?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
well, I did..... ;)

well not really. I's just saying is all :)

if someone's kicking the pants off you with the Shock, my advice would be to grab a Minigun. They can't combo if they're trying to run around staying alive.

i hate you

7h3 1337 m0
Oct 31, 2001
Visit site
We could as well have a mutator that deactivates the ability to control a redeemer missile, "no 2x enforcer" mutator, no piston jumping, no sniperscope, no heatseeking rockets, no flakgrenades, no fastfiring-mode for minigun, no ricochets with ripper blades, no telefrags or ability to destroy others translocators, no instant laser beam with pulsegun, no combos with schockrifle, no headshots with chainsaw/ripper or sniper.

I would call it..."The Ultimate game-ruining mutator pack"!!

Fighting Fool

Oct 26, 2001
www.angelfire.com
YES! There is a mutator that does this. I remember playing it a couple years ago for the UT demo. Uhh, its at fileplanet, (shudders) let me find it. ... ...

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=623&page=6

It's called Closer.umod
{ripped from the description}

This mutator gives instant rocket and grenade fire, and removes the ASMD combo. It also speeds up the rockets and decreases their damage.

Personally, I LIKE the shock combo but anyhoo...

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Besides, just go to Modsquad and grab Rocket Boost if you really want to speed up the rockets. You can also INCREASE the damage they do. On 4x speed you can fire a whole salvo of 6 rockets from the top of the tower in Face to the inside of the enemy base wall in three seconds.

OBhave

Oct 25, 2001
Visit site
WHOA!!! touchy... anyway, for those ppl who asked politely, It´s for a lan me and my friends are having, and we all hate shock-combo spamming and raping. Now for those who said that I should go get some skillz... what skillz? maybe u think it takes some skill to combo but I don´t. That ball is a much easier target than the player.

P.S the guy who said: "Oh great, then we´ll have a big fatass slow ball" YES!! precicely, that ball is meant for close combat (and does it quite well)

P.P.S damn, only some muts who **** with other stuff as well.... dang! Well if anyone knows of a mut of the kind I´m looking (or a site with LOTSA muts) for pls let me know. =)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
waaaait a minute, what!?

you all hate shock combos?

So, how about the obvious answer: don't use the Shock, or don't shoot the ball with the beam. :)

You take out the shock combo, and then what's the point?

No the ball is not meant for close combat, it's meant to be shot for a more powerful explosion.

If none of you at this lan likes the shock combo, simply don't combo with it. At least that's the obvious answer. But no one is going to download a non-combo shock rifle, just like no one downloaded the non-scope sniper rifle.

Get someone to be an admin in that game then have them type in the console

killall shockrifle

and problem solved. :)

OBhave

Oct 25, 2001
Visit site
what do you mean "No the ball is not meant for close combat, it's meant to be shot for a more powerful explosion." the primary fire has no explosion. Anyway, yes like all the weapons the "snake-ball" is effective in some situations (hence weapon balance) maybe you haven´t found out yet but I find it useful. As for your other comment, OK there are some who rape it, especially in tunnels and entrances and such.... they *ALLMOST* quit it after we threaten to beat them up but a more final solution would be to use a mut. =Þ and yes that console command would solve the problem, but unfortunatly it would also eliminate a cool, fun weapon from the game

P.S A non-combo shocker would be like a non-scope sniper? ROFL... =DDD it would still be the same weapon, just without that miniredeemer *bug*

P.P.S Oh and I got news for u.. the shockcombo wont be in the next unreal games... so much for it´s essentialness =Þ

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by OBhave

P.S A non-combo shocker would be like a non-scope sniper? ROFL... =DDD it would still be the same weapon, just without that miniredeemer *bug*

P.P.S Oh and I got news for u.. the shockcombo wont be in the next unreal games... so much for it´s essentialness =Þ

Point 1: Oh please. a bug? :rolleyes:

You need to play more UT, and not complain as much. I'm gonna point a few shock rifle fans at this thread, if that's OK, so they can tell you how dumb that sounds.

Like I said, to get around a shock rifle user, use a Minigun. If you still doubt the shock rifle's power, maybe I can set up a 1v1 with a Shock Rifle fan for you.

Point 2. How do you know what will and won't be in the next Unreal game? If you have the pre-alpha, first, it's illegal, and second, they can always change it.....

:rolleyes:

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Shock Combo = My best friend...

Don't diss Shock Combo - if used right and in the hands of experience shock h0, it can be deadly... and this person can be YOU if you only practice like I have...

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
If it wasn't for the ASMD I'd probably be *shudder* Quaking! LOL
j/k

Yeah, what is the big deal. ESPECIALLY AT A LAN, just tell everyone NO COMBOS. Big deal! Problem solved. Or if it's a huge LAN have a special "NO COMBO'S PLEASE" server, and a few normal ones...because trust me bro, YOU ARE IN THE minority on this one.

The ASMD is so mouch more than a combo weapon. I'm not even talking about the little-used (at least it should be) secondary, or the often used combo. PRIMARY is an awesome weapon. 2 hits on a freshly spawned player = death. Not to mention knocking enemy FC's into the lava in Lava Giant. Or blowing up someone else's ASMD 2dary shots, right in his face!

As far as taking NO SKILL to combo, man ur outta' your head. It takes an immense amount of skill to be consistently good with it. Anyone can get a random kill here or there, but to use it a lot, and be accurate with it, and not get killed, and pulling off a MOVING combo. Brother, that's a lot harder than strafing back and forth across a corrider with a minigun, just mowing them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.