[2010] State of the Union Address

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

So?

• Total voters

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Most hilarious but also sad statement by the Republicans:
"Americans want good health care they can afford, just not by turning over 'the best medical care system in the world to the federal government'."

Sounds like Obama gave a great speech, so we'll see over the next several months if the American people really want change or if they're just flip-flopping, hypocritical, instant-gratification freaks.

I'm not sure why you find that statement funny or sad. It's true that the Dems want the Federal government to take over health care. There's no other way to put it when it would become a FEDERAL MANDATE that all individuals be required to purchase or otherwise acquire (gummit hep) health coverage.

While you are sort of on point in that Americans do not know what they want, they do not what they DO NOT want, and that is the type of change they are seeing from Obama and the rest of the Democratic Party. Americans are finding out that Obama is staying with many of the same decisions the Bush Administration started; in other fronts, the Obama Administration is making a mockery of our country. There is nothing new that is good for the US coming out of this Administration. And tonight's chastising of everyone except for labor unions showed Obama's true colors; he is a weak President whose Administration and Party have no direction and refuse to hear the voice of America.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Si'mon
I'm not sure why you find that statement funny or sad. It's true that the Dems want the Federal government to take over health care. There's no other way to put it when it would become a FEDERAL MANDATE that all individuals be required to purchase or otherwise acquire (gummit hep) health coverage.
I think he was refering to the "the best medical care system" part. At least I hope... since most don't realize that our quality is top notch, it's just not cheap

And tonight's chastising of everyone except for labor unions showed Obama's true colors
Red? :lol: but yea, no ****. He even talked **** about the Supreme Court. Kind of ironic...

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
The Serena Williams vs Li Na match was horrible. :(

Anyway, did Obama do the self righteous twit act as expected? He should of blamed the republicans for saying no to everything, being stupid, and finishing it off by treating the American people like retarded children. This should all go on while he is playing like he is ignorant to what is going on while pushing the same old stuff that he knows is not accepted by the people. Oh, and giving blowjobs to his friends. Don't forget about the blowjobs. Probably something about punishing big business will be in that. He should of also lied about ending partisanship, being open to the people, ending earmarks and lobbyists. Should of been his usual.

Edit: Almost forgot, he probably mentioned what he inherited acting as if the presidency is an inheritance. He probably went on about nationalizing student loans. Probably had some bozo idea with that. Like I don't know, you don't have to pay it or something. Its ok, you been trying for so long, god it sucks, you don't have to pay anymore.

Did I nail him or am I way off here? Just wondering.

Its really to bad Li Na flopped in the second tie break. :(

Red? but yea, no ****. He even talked **** about the Supreme Court. Kind of ironic...

They went all constitutional on his ass. He is mad.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
wait, what's the big deal?
there's nothing wrong with those statements.

I would agree that such commentary feels a little awkward and that, as a nation, I'd say we are past the point of having to even acknowledge the color of Obama's skin. but Matthews was just being candid and he has a point, even if it's dated.

I really don't see anything "shameful" in what he said.
Although he may have come off as a racist prick
see, it doesn't come off that way to me, not even ironically.
it just sounded like Matthews shifted into "I'm going to talk how I would talk if I was sitting at home after pounding scotch" and forgot for a moment that he was on TV.
he was being completely conversational, albeit politically incorrect.

I'm surprised anyone would react to it.
goes to show you how caught up everyone is in this game of one-upping the people they don't agree with.
the current political landscape is ravaged by these petty, divisive tactics. it's been getting exponentially worse since the 80's.

Last edited:
wait, what's the big deal?
there's nothing wrong with those statements.

I would agree that such commentary feels a little awkward and that, as a nation, I'd say we are past the point of having to even acknowledge the color of Obama's skin. but Matthews was just being candid and he has a point, even if it's dated.

I really don't see anything "shameful" in what he said.

I agree. I hate how everyone thinks that the only way to avoid racism is to ignore the existence of race (which couldn't be anymore racist).

Last edited:

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I'd say we are past the point of having to even acknowledge the color of Obama's skin
but Matthews was just being candid and he has a point, even if it's dated.
candid about what? about him being post-racial? with all the crap that's going on, the color of his skin is the furthest thing from my mind...

to me it sounded pretty condescending

just imagine if O'reilly or Hanity said that. :lol:

the current political landscape is ravaged by these petty, divisive tactics. it's been getting exponentially worse since the 80's.
it's always been around in my lifetime, but it's really exploded near the end of bush's first term. The crap with Reagan and Clinton were bad, but not like it's been lately

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
candid about what?
he's not being candid about anything.

I meant that his manner of speaking was conversational and candid.
he forgot for a moment that he was in front of a TV audience and said some politically incorrect sh*t. but it was a sincere point and entirely inoffensive.
to me it sounded pretty condescending
how is it condescending in any way?
it's an off-color remark that has already been spoken or thought by many people. I felt that it was an untimely comment, but in no way was it condescending. to anyone.
just imagine if O'reilly or Hanity said that.
why?
because I would suddenly be up in arms?
no, I wouldn't think any differently about it. to me, it's an honest comment if not tired and overplayed.

there's really nothing wrong with what Matthews said. but this is typical of the political dog fighting we have now.

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
"He's so well-dressed, very articulate, and does not speak like a black person. For an while there, I forgot he was a black man."

That is the essence, more or less, of the words of Harry Reid and Chris Matthews combined. Seemingly innocent and possibly even positive words about an individual, yet condescending to a people. The commentary is more a reflection of how our society sees blacks and less about individual thoughts or impressions.

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
he's not being candid about anything.

I meant that his manner of speaking was conversational and candid.
he forgot for a moment that he was in front of a TV audience and said some politically incorrect sh*t. but it was a sincere point and entirely inoffensive.
but what IS his point? that we're so post-racial now that he forgot he was black? it seems like he's obsessed with this crap. he had a town hall thing a week or so about the state of blackness in america, he's always trying to pin racism on tea partiers, etc... he's obsessed with it

how is it condescending in any way?
because he comes off like he's saying "damn, that obama is such a good politician and speaker that I forgot he's black..."

there's really nothing wrong with what Matthews said. but this is typical of the political dog fighting we have now.
exactly; the fire he's constantly stoking. he's always using the race card on ppl that disagree with the liberals' agenda. but hey, let's move on and get past all of the crap and fix the country. oh, btw, he's black

Last edited:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
He's half black... why don't we just call him white, because he is more intelligent and well spoken than 90% of the white honkies I know... I do agree it is awkward for a newscaster to make a comment like that though. Fortunately, probably very few people were watching MSNBC so not to worry.

His SoTU was great I thought... no foibles... he is a strong and inspiring speaker regardless of what you think about his ideas.

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
His SoTU was great I thought... no foibles... he is a strong and inspiring speaker regardless of what you think about his ideas.

No "foibles"? How about his lack of any mention of our state of war or national defense? How about his attack on big business and financial institutions but failed to blame the government for its part in the meltdown in 2008/2009? What about the fact he chastised the SCOTUS in his Address (and had his facts wrong on the ruling in question) yet never mentions anything negative about Pelosi and Reed for their incompetence?

I could not care less about how articulate the man is; this SOTU Address shows that he brings shame to the office in which he serves. To paraphrase Obama himself, being popular is no indication that he is the right man for the job.

His admonition to the GOP was a farce. Basically, he was saying, "side with the Dems and we will say that you are legislating in a bipartisan manner, or else." Sorry, but this was the most partisan SOTU I have ever seen.

Being convicted to one's ideals does not make one strong of character.

Last edited: