[2010] State of the Union Address

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

So?

• Total voters
Wow the president needs to ask permission to enter the house of congress or needs to be invited?

So I take it the day to day tasks of govt and running the country are done by congress sorta like parliamentary council and the president is kinda like a Prime Minister only with more authority, bigger guns, heaps of money and better fashion sense

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
it could have been worse

I could have asked if the president was like the queen but even those of us within the commonwealth know she’s just some crazy old lady with a fancy hat and no real authority
it is worse. he's more like a prime minister and actually has power. unfortunately, in this case

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Wow the president needs to ask permission to enter the house of congress or needs to be invited?

So I take it the day to day tasks of govt and running the country are done by congress sorta like parliamentary council and the president is kinda like a Prime Minister only with more authority, bigger guns, heaps of money and better fashion sense

The presidents used to just submit a letter, since it is constitutionally required that they present a state of the union before congress, but a spoken adress is usually more well received, at least to the public.

The presidents used to just submit a letter, since it is constitutionally required that they present a state of the union before congress, but a spoken adress is usually more well received, at least to the public.

I see I see

And congres just sits there while hes all like blah blah this and blah blah that all the while thinking to themselves "aww man when he gunna leave" and when its all said and done the president leaves and congress gets down to the real business ...

DRINKING GAMES

oh wait thats parliament

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Bah...who knows if he's really gonna have any good solution to the problems that he was elected to do...it's probably gonna be an address with a bunch of false speeches like he normally gives.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
He's over on time and just now going into national defense.

Oh well, it's more interesting than Apple's press event today.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Since last time he spoke he cost the stock market 400 points, I today moved all my funds from stock to a savings bond...just to be safe.

Are you talking about this? (see attached chart)

State of the Union or not this chart scares the crap out of me. If we fail to hold the 100 day moving average, it's a long way down...

Attachments

• 2010-01-27-TOS_CHARTS.png
    2010-01-27-TOS_CHARTS.png
    57 KB · Views: 24

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Most hilarious but also sad statement by the Republicans:
"Americans want good health care they can afford, just not by turning over 'the best medical care system in the world to the federal government'."

Sounds like Obama gave a great speech, so we'll see over the next several months if the American people really want change or if they're just flip-flopping, hypocritical, instant-gratification freaks.