Screw Unreal II and all these other engines what about Tribes 2!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop Dogg

May 3, 2001
U.S.
www.ibelite.com
Okay for now that is screw all those other engines and games that aren't even out yet no matter how good they look, sound and are said to be. Tribes 2....we have all seen the pictures for a year now and the game is finally out. Okay so you need a good Video Card to see the quality but still what about its Engine vs all the others? It is damn good from what I can see and they claim Unreal II is 100x better then the first (still hard to believe its not 100% instead) but what about Tribes 2? It looks at least 75x better then Unreal 1 did.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So snoop :D
you say: screw unreal II and these other engines...
BUT :) you specifically said: they claim unreal II is (will be) 100 times better than the first.. HEY afcourse! i mean you HAVE seen the screenshots?

and then you say:

but what about tribes2: it looks at least 75x better then unreal 1 did.

If i were you, i'd go for unreal II :) but stick to tribes2 for now.. And i agree, t2 looks amazing. I love the skins etc.. great work.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
I haven't played Tribes 2 yet, and the screenshots don't impress me, probably because they all seem kinda foggy and don't show you much. I'd much rather have the Unreal 2 engine.

I think some of the best I've seen so far are the graphics in Planetside.

Snoop Dogg

May 3, 2001
U.S.
www.ibelite.com
Hey hey there! :) I am not saying totally screw Unreal II...just for the moment and enjoy Tribes 2 which Gaming Sites claim is 1 year ahead of the Hardware with there *NEW* Engine!

It looks fantastic to me and you have to be kidding if you say the opposite....seriously play the game it has incredible visuals and gameplay!

The Fog ads alot to the gaming and trust me Unreal II will probably have fog also! :)

Snoop Dogg

May 3, 2001
U.S.
www.ibelite.com
LMAO that aint what they mean LOL they mean "EPIC SCALE" because it has the largest online Multiplayer settings. Unreal has only 16....Half Life 32......Tribes 64-128 Players all online or Higher.

Roguefryfry|BuF

Sup_W{TSU}
Feb 28, 2000
Visit site
Tribes2 is very good game,but there's about 200 different commands to learn to be elite at it,and as far as online play if you have a 56k you might as well forget having a desent game. I holding out on reinstalling it until I get my cable this year. Seeing how I think the AI sucks I don't even bother playing with them.
My 2 cents worth.

Rocketman

Apr 10, 2000
Birmingham,AL,US
www.ts3d.com
I can't believe this, your comparing Matchbox cars to Hot Wheels. Everybody knows that Hot Wheel's Own..!! Unreal 2 will knock Tribes2 on it's Arse.... Just because you have some pretty graphics here, and a cool character there doesn't equal a cool game. The Scale on Tribes2 is way off, the engine is Lackluster at best, and the feel is way too funky.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Oi, Tribes 2 is a very good game, and plays brilliantly on 56k. In fact, it'd be fair to say that the T2 netcode won't be beaten for at least 2 years - it's that good. The game doesn't run well for everyone, but I can run it just fine on my Celeron 450 with 128mb ram and a Voodoo3 using the beta WickedGL.

All the same, this is like comparing apples and oranges. T2 is more like a strategy game dressed as an FPS, while Unreal 2 will be a kickass game that focuses on single player. Live and let live huh? :)

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
I just got Tribes2 and I am amazed at the netcode. I am stuck with 56k and I connect at 44k to 45.3k and I ping 120 to the servers and the lag is almost nonexistant.

The game is a little complexe though with all the key bindings and functions you have to remember but with practice I guess it gets easier.

DrGreen

Troopers Modeller
Originally posted by Snoop Dogg
Okay for now that is screw all those other engines and games that aren't even out yet no matter how good they look, sound and are said to be. Tribes 2....we have all seen the pictures for a year now and the game is finally out. Okay so you need a good Video Card to see the quality but still what about its Engine vs all the others? It is damn good from what I can see and they claim Unreal II is 100x better then the first (still hard to believe its not 100% instead) but what about Tribes 2? It looks at least 75x better then Unreal 1 did.

Darn are you serious dude? i mean have you played the game?
it SUCKS big time...im Lead level designer for an UT mod
we where changing to tribes2 but....then i got the game and played it....CANCELED immediatelly.....
seech....i just gonna sit here and wait for Unreal II to come and kicks tribes2 ass..

Status
Not open for further replies.