News • UnrealEd • Files • Mods • FragBU • Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 6th Aug 2012, 07:58 PM   #21
TWD
Cute and Cuddly

Ok, that was just too funny. All it took was one post to get him to drop the charade, and devolve into his usual wingnut rantings.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 08:12 PM   #22
cryptophreak
unbalanced

There is no such thing as an Internet argument with a Christian, because they are commanded to "sell your possessions and give to the poor." Since reading BuF requires some type of electronic device that costs more than what the apostles would have had between them, there are no Christians here.

If you were a Christian you would do what Jesus says, but you aren't one -- you're a self-righteous hypocrite of the sort Jesus is supposed to have condemned.

I have nothing against self-righteous hypocrites, of course. I'm not a Christian.

Last edited by cryptophreak; 6th Aug 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 08:23 PM   #23
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

lol religion. What a bunch of weirdos. I will keep my sanity *hic*
Old 6th Aug 2012, 08:50 PM   #24
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Ok, that was just too funny. All it took was one post to get him to drop the charade, and devolve into his usual wingnut rantings.
I made perfectly valid points.
both about the role of government and the inconsistencies that abound the supposed life of Jesus.

but sure, whenever you know you're beat you might as well just call it "wingnut ramblings" and not even attempt to respond to any of them.
classic religious-minded avoidance. classic TWD.

why don't you try and tell me which of my points was wingnut?
because if that's your only rebuttal then I could just as easily go around saying the exact same thing every time you speak. that's elementary at best. in your case it feels cowardly. what you're doing is known as the "don't confuse me with the facts" strategy and is a perfect illustration of why you're both religious and a conservative. especially a Mormon conservative. god forbid anybody challenges your nonsense with reality. just ignore them and call them wingnuts.

it's like Christian Science 101...

Last edited by Jacks:Revenge; 6th Aug 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 10:02 PM   #25
TWD
Cute and Cuddly

To be honest I really have no interest in responding to your rambling beyond my first post. I feel that letting you babble on does more to discredit you than anything, and it's hilarious to watch your reaction as you pout and throw a tantrum over a no response.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 10:12 PM   #26
╠╣E╚╚O

this kind of discussion is stimulating to me. if it were not, I wouldn't engage it in the first place. I don't feel like I'm pouting or throwing a tantrum. it's pretty calm over here.

I mean, you can call it "rambling" and "pouting" until you're blue in the face.
doesn't make it so.

it also doesn't change the fact that your inability to respond to any valid point raised makes you look immature at best; dead wrong and indefensible at worst. if you could defend your ground you would. but as we know you wouldn't be able to respond even if you could. all you have is your tenuous belief system. this really is classic displacement and/or avoidance.

I'll say to you what I said to Brizz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks:SmirkingRevenge View Post
I don't get into these discussions because I like to make fun of religious people or something. I'm not trying to piss you off or anything on purpose.
but the subject truly and deeply fascinates me.

my degree is in PoliSci and business, but whenever I had a free elective class to fill in college I chose comparative religious studies and psychology courses.
why people believe what they believe is incredibly intriguing to me.
I mean look, Wormbo brought up the exact same point that I did about the inconsistencies regarding the church doctrine on the life of Jesus.
but you didn't respond to him either. you made me the scapegoat for criticism because, I guess, I was the most vocal. and then you ignored all points raised.

is he a rambling wingnut because he shares my concern?
your petty debate skills (AKA the other guy is wrong because I said so, even though I don't have to say why) seem to have inconsistencies of their own.

Last edited by Jacks:Revenge; 6th Aug 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 11:11 PM   #27
Zxanphorian
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How these things can go on an internet gaming forum and debate religion is beyond me.

Perhaps I should...

Old 6th Aug 2012, 11:15 PM   #28
Zur
surrealistic mad cow

What are those called again ?

Old 6th Aug 2012, 11:16 PM   #29
Manticore
Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxanphorian View Post

How these things can go on an internet gaming forum and debate religion is beyond me.

Perhaps I should...

Old 6th Aug 2012, 11:43 PM   #30
╠╣E╚╚O

they're called wingnuts
Old 7th Aug 2012, 01:33 AM   #31
Peavey
American Cheeseburger

This thread pwns. Jacks, way to put the logical beat-down up in this bitch. Totally changing my avatar.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 01:56 AM   #32
Firefly
United Kingdom is not a country.

Jacks, you're banging your head against their ignorance and fear. It's a typical religious comeback. Derision to cover their fear of being proved wrong.

We atheists are free to think for ourselves. We don't need to talk to an imaginary friend to solve our problems or look in a book to tell us what is right or wrong.

Dealing with life and the responsibility for their own actions scares religious people.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 02:31 AM   #33
cryptophreak
unbalanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
We atheists are free to think for ourselves.
So it is written in 2nd Atheism.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 02:54 AM   #34
Firefly

So it came to pass that the words of free thought would be written on small bits of rubber.

Last edited by Firefly; 7th Aug 2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 02:57 AM   #35
cryptophreak
unbalanced

I thought wingnuts were made of metal?
Old 7th Aug 2012, 03:07 AM   #36
Firefly

Oh no, that's radical atheism.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 04:35 AM   #37
Luv_Studd

Wink

Quote:
this kind of discussion is stimulating to me. if it were not, I wouldn't engage it in the first place. I don't feel like I'm pouting or throwing a tantrum. it's pretty calm over here.

I mean, you can call it "rambling" and "pouting" until you're blue in the face.
doesn't make it so.

it also doesn't change the fact that your inability to respond to any valid point raised makes you look immature at best; dead wrong and indefensible at worst. if you could defend your ground you would. but as we know you wouldn't be able to respond even if you could. all you have is your tenuous belief system. this really is classic displacement and/or avoidance.

I'll say to you what I said to Brizz.

I mean look, Wormbo brought up the exact same point that I did about the inconsistencies regarding the church doctrine on the life of Jesus.
but you didn't respond to him either. you made me the scapegoat for criticism because, I guess, I was the most vocal. and then you ignored all points raised.

is he a rambling wingnut because he shares my concern?
your petty debate skills (AKA the other guy is wrong because I said so, even though I don't have to say why) seem to have inconsistencies of their own.
Well stated. I, too, am fascinated by what people will believe and will get on the religious bandwagon over. Most of what they preach against and go nuts over as 'sinful', would probably cause their god to toss bolts of lightening at them rather than the sinner. And, quite honestly, how anyone can fall into belief of scriptures written by mere men, who, by all accounts would have been considered 'nuts' if they were alive today trying to write and promote the same things. What makes a 'prophet' then any more wiser and holier than a 'prophet' now? Lemmings.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 06:41 AM   #38
Zur
surrealistic mad cow

Quote:
they're called wingnuts
I see. Wingnut. Wonder if there are variants like a rightwingnuts and a leftwingnuts.

Old 7th Aug 2012, 08:49 AM   #39
TWD
Cute and Cuddly

Thumbs down

Quote:
but you didn't respond to him either.
I'm sorry, you're right. I should respond to wormbo. Unlike you, he's always been respectful to others, and he doesn't live under some delusion that he's somehow more enlightened than the rest of mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
AFAIK the Bible ignores about 30 years of Jesus' life and the entire story about his birth may be a pure invention as well as it was added much later than the other stuff. He might as well have been married - there's no evidence against it.
This is totally true. There are several texts that were not included in the bible that were afterwards destroyed. Remember that my religion is based on another account of Jesus visiting America after his resurrection, and i believe in time we will uncover more scriptures. There's no way for us to know for sure at this time if Jesus was married. Personally, I lean towards the idea that he was married.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 09:28 AM   #40
Peavey
American Cheeseburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Remember that my religion is based on another account of Jesus visiting America after his resurrection, and i believe in time we will uncover more scriptures.
Jesus came to the new world when???

Santa in Somalia?

The Easter Bunny in Egypt?

Buddha in Belgium?

Last edited by Peavey; 7th Aug 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
best thread ever, darked hates jokes, god loves each of you whether you like it or not!, labeler enabler, reason is a liberal conspiracy, reason is the enemy of religion, twd casts wingnut on jacks, twd wins by default, you're wrong and you fail to see why, you're wrong but i don't have to tell you why, you're wrong. repent! lol. poor souls.