What if Jesus was gay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Incoming personal attack. Sure sign this debate is going to the dogs. Right Snoop ?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Snoop_Dogg.jpg
    Snoop_Dogg.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 62

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
I'm going to use something you brought up to highlight the problems that the Church faces. You mention the Chik-Fil-A "fight" and for this paragraph that's what I'm going to explore.

Pause for a moment. What really happened? The owner simply said that he did not believe in gay marriage. No customers were refused service, no gays were shunned, no rights were trampled on. This man simply gave his opinion on a public forum. That's it.

It's the gay rights groups that have massed and turned this on it's ear and morphed it into a 'movement', which is their common practice. They have started a fight over someone's thoughts to try to hammer CFA into submission under the 'equal rights' banner. There is no denial of rights, this is a fabricated fight made by people with an agenda to keep their 'cause' on the front page. The vast majority of evangelical pastors also don't believe in gay marriage. Are they also going to fight to keep the various Churches out of America?

This fight is certainly about intolerance, but it's not the intolerance you think.

It would be fine and well to provide just an opinion, and even with Chik Fil A CEO stating it in a forum. [much like what we do here] But what I saw in the news next was throngs of people who couldn't wait to jump up to stand by their side lining up to support their beliefs. The part I have trouble with is not seen on this instance, but is what takes place in the homes and churches where it is constantly preached to parishioners and kids of the sins of being gay. Every other day there's some preacher telling their masses to beat the sin out of them or pray the gay away.

My point of this thread was to indicate if Jesus was gay, what would the church leaders have left to stand on? Who could they outcast instead to further their agenda?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
You forgot to mention that Chik-Fil-A contributes large sums of money to anti-gay groups. Groups that are actively trying to deny equal rights to people that don't fit their narrow views.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

As is often the case the truth is somewhat different.

And Studd if you are going to post it, stand behind it. You didn't post it as a "what if...", you posted it to get a heated response from those of faith. There is no logic to your proposition, it's designed to be inflammatory and offensive and it certainly works.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

As is often the case the truth is somewhat different.

Thanks for posting a link that verifies my post!

Now again, what say you about Chik-Fil-A opening themselves up to the protest they are receiving because they donated millions to organizations that are actively trying to deny homosexuals the same rights you and I enjoy vs. the following bull: "gay rights groups that have massed and turned this on it's ear and morphed it into a 'movement', which is their common practice. They have started a fight over someone's thoughts to try to hammer CFA into submission under the 'equal rights' banner." ?

On the subject of speech and/or "thoughts": Everybody has the right to say whatever they wish, BUT they must be prepared to accept the fallout. Fallout like other exercising their right to free speech with public protest and boycotts. To extol one and them spin around and condemn the other is hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
CFA has the right to send money anywhere they like and they will be just fine even with the protesting. I for one am glad to see a large company's owner have the temerity to stand up to the gay rights lobby.

I'm not sure where you stand on gay rights but I'm going to ask this of everyone and not just you. Where does gay rights end? Is it your position that I should be free to marry anyone I choose? If not then what are your criteria for choosing who (or what) is ok and what isn't? I fail to see that once you cross the line into same-sex marriage that you can stop anywhere on down the line and still stand in a logical way. If it's all about personal choice then can I marry my adult daughter? If not, then what's the logical ground for a negative answer?

The point is we all know what is 'right' and 'wrong' inherently. Marrying my adult daughter is wrong, we all know it, but there is no logical reason to deny it once you step away from a Biblical concept of marriage and family.

As an aside this has been a most fruitful discussion. Well done by all and quite enjoyable to follow. Mostly BUF devolves into threads I just stop reading but this one has been quite fun.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
CFA has the right to send money anywhere they like and they will be just fine even with the protesting. I for one am glad to see a large company's owner have the temerity to stand up to the gay rights lobby.

I'm not sure where you stand on gay rights but I'm going to ask this of everyone and not just you. Where does gay rights end? Is it your position that I should be free to marry anyone I choose? If not then what are your criteria for choosing who (or what) is ok and what isn't? I fail to see that once you cross the line into same-sex marriage that you can stop anywhere on down the line and still stand in a logical way. If it's all about personal choice then can I marry my adult daughter? If not, then what's the logical ground for a negative answer?

The point is we all know what is 'right' and 'wrong' inherently. Marrying my adult daughter is wrong, we all know it, but there is no logical reason to deny it once you step away from a Biblical concept of marriage and family.

As an aside this has been a most fruitful discussion. Well done by all and quite enjoyable to follow. Mostly BUF devolves into threads I just stop reading but this one has been quite fun.

Is not using the bible as a source to legally define marriage unconstitutional? What if I want to use the Qur'an, the Pāli Canon, Harry Potter or Ming Fat's China Buffet menu as my source to legally define marriage?

BTW, I'm fine with you marrying your daughter, as long as you can guarantee you won't be breeding little mutant children.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
And Studd if you are going to post it, stand behind it. You didn't post it as a "what if...", you posted it to get a heated response from those of faith. There is no logic to your proposition, it's designed to be inflammatory and offensive and it certainly works.

Not sure what you mean. I did post my question as a "What if...".

Inflammatory? Really? By stating "...there would be a lot less bickering going on" sounds to me like a conciliatory statement.

My hope is that people of the religious persuasion reading my post would ponder the notion and consider, maybe, just maybe what they had been told to believe may not really be true.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Yeah, stop labeling, labelers. "You labeled me, I'll label you."

Label you, label me; label it for always
That's the way it should be
Label you, label me; label it together
Naturally

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected

[SCREENSHOT]http://dudelol.com/img/just-imagine-how-stupid-you-are-going-to-look-in-40-years..jpeg[/SCREENSHOT]

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you're an idiot if you honestly believe this.
and I feel very sorry for your children, if you have any, that they should be raised to be as ignorant and bigoted as you are.

the bible was not the first officially established concept of marriage.
and even if it was, that doesn't make it the ultimate authority on marriage or mean that it's right.

if 2 grown men or women love each other then there's no good reason why they cannot be married.
this is not a slippery slope to incest or man-on-donkey marriage. all the usual rules still apply.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
this is not a slippery slope to incest or man-on-donkey marriage. all the usual rules still apply.

I hardly think incest is comparable to man-on-donkey marriage. Give it another 40 years and non-procreative incestuous marriages will be legal again, as they ought to be. Hell, perhaps we'll have worked out a way for such ones to have healthy kids too.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I hardly think incest is comparable to man-on-donkey marriage. Give it another 40 years and non-procreative incestuous marriages will be legal again, as they ought to be. Hell, perhaps we'll have worked out a way for such ones to have healthy kids too.
LOL yeah I don't think so.

incest is a bad idea no matter how you slice it.
you shouldn't want to fuck your sister. doesn't matter how hot she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.