How do you want your JB-Deck17 ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How should JB-Deck17 look like ?

• Deck16-like! (Pure killing fiesta!)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Deck32-like! (Double the Deck, double the fun!)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • It will be better with another mapper. Go away Rob!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • What? UT2004?! I don't care, I play WoW every day!

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
All you have to do is open up deck 16 on the deck-17 map :D and put the jail buttons on each end :D

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I of course keep Deck17's layout. What you have to decide is if you want it in its actual size (as was JB-Deck16) or duplicated (as was JB-Deck32).

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
double.
but it needs care in how you duplicate & connect it.
I would suggest you rotate the copy & put the long rocket launcher corridors side by side. change the RL area to connect the two.
The put the switch either where the other flak is (the one on the crate), or at the goo gun (the very top of the map)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Please make it Deck-16 like.
Preferably with the same setup as the old one (switches in the same place, jails in the same place). The old Deck-16 gameplay has proven it will work.

Deck-32 is OK, but Deck-16 just rocks.:rockon:

Lol @ 4th option :D

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
I'd prefer Deck16 myself. I realize that non-symmetrical layouts almost always end up favoring one team...but which one in this case? From playing JB-Deck16 I can't figure out which team really has an advantage, seems fairly balanced to me. And Deck32 is just BIG to me, you'd need crowds of players for it to work, and from lockdowns we can see that the more crowded the server gets, the more people just choose the tiny maps for spam-fests, so large maps just don't get played much. If you do Deck32 I like tarq's suggestion for layout, maybe put the switches equidistant between the tops of the two ramps (near the bio rifle as tarq said).

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Don't do it Deck32 style.
Laying out like Tarquin said would be better, with the map duplicated and side by side. Would be good as it is differrent from the CTF version of Deck that riddle the world.....

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I wouldn't like to see all the action focused in the RL hallway. It would be much better [IMO] if both bases shared the Flak hallway and the Bio walkway, and the switches where the RocketLauncher is in Deck17... ;)