Unreal beta the begining

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Hi
Just wondering if anyone still has a copy of Unreal beta version yeah the first...its probably lost for all time but thought i'd ask.. if possible id like to drag out some of the old models such as the dragon and perhaps some of the beta skins for fire sliths etc etc and see if theres anything else in there that could be added to current Unreal. Music etc , anything that was scrapped :)

their trash, my treasure ..

cheers

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
actualy I would like the 1995 demo as well as any subsequent betas the engine went through. Plus the dragon was in the 1995 demo.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Eh talking about old unreal stuff.. I seem to recall a thread about someone who had found an older 3dfx demo (from ...1996-97-98? Can't remember) He was really excited about it (can't remember who)

Thing is, I remember bookmarking the site, but now I can't retrieve it :D Too many bmed unreal sites already damn :) messy.

Can anyone help? Does it sound familiar?

Btw I have two movies, one is a 3minute promote unreal avi from april 98 (good!) and a smaller Uxmas97 avi. (both have excellent music.)

Can anyone tell me where I could get older movies :D ?

SuperBee

May 31, 2002
Visit site
I believe thats March 6th 1998

From the reports link on the main page :

UNREAL Beta by MEGAMAN MEGAMANova recenze na UNREAL Beta, která vychází z jeho VLASTNÍCH herních zkušeností a o to je cenější, mraky sreenshotů, březen 1998 - CENZORED !!!

I believe brezen is march in czech, I could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Asgard

Oct 6, 2000
Visit site
Basically I mean anything that was early Unreal and never made it into the current Unreal community.. beta, demo or whatever.

Here is a site thats also pre 1998 but dont bother to download the movies unless you can repair the crc errors

http://www.gamedemo.com/ezine/jan97/unreal.htm

Seeing whats lost such as the dragon model almost breaks ya heart :)

Ive been through all my old cds , seems I have everything else except beta Unreal thought some magazine may of released a copy somewhere and who knows maybe a back issue still hangs around somewhere.. But no luck so far in tracking it down in any way shape or form