TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Was pretty great. The demoman one is my favorite by far actually, has some of the best quotes. And the voice acting is really well done imho. In general, all those Meet The ________ videos are probably some of the best (if not THE best) in-game-engine machinima ever made.

"All you fine dandies, so proud, so cocksure; prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! - come and get me, I say. I'll be waitin' for ye with a whiff of the ol' brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody _____ !" (what does he say there?)

Awesome.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
May just be me, but I would really like them to get to work on Episode 3 if it isnt too much to ask. Take a hint from the Sam and Max team valve :mad:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
May just be me, but I would really like them to get to work on Episode 3 if it isnt too much to ask. Take a hint from the Sam and Max team valve :mad:

They are working on Episode 3, but like everything Valve does, it'll take for flippin' ever.

I love these little meet the____ videos, they're hilarious.

~Jason

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah I was wondering where it is myself, Im not in a rush just wanna get updated so Im ready when I do want to play :p

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
And so it begins... It's Pyro season, baby. You might as well be a Pyro, 'cause you'll otherwise be on fire for 95% of the time.

It still like the tiny map tweaks throughout that Valve wisely didn't brag about. Next time, though, Valve should release 3 or so achievement packs per update instead of breaking the game for 3 weeks per update.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
And so it begins... It's Pyro season, baby. You might as well be a Pyro, 'cause you'll otherwise be on fire for 95% of the time.

It still like the tiny map tweaks throughout that Valve wisely didn't brag about. Next time, though, Valve should release 3 or so achievement packs per update instead of breaking the game for 3 weeks per update.

Me too, at the rate they're going it would be another 14 months before we see all of the classes having an update...

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I tried TF2 a while back for a few weeks and it really didn't do anything for me. I know a lot of people love the cartoony style but I found it seriously irritating. I think the main problem though was the combat, the weapons just did not feel at all fun to use.

On the other hand, I've finally been able to start playing UT3 this week, and it's the most fun I've had in a game since XMP and Jedi Knight 2 came out. Absolute blood-soaked carnage - excellent.
There's a lot wrong with the peripheral package, but the only real problem with the gameplay, in my opinion, is that it's based on a dynamic that's now ten years old. That means it's now been polished to perfection, but for those of us who've followed the series all the way through, the updated gameplay gets stale very quickly. Happily for me I've only just started playing, so it's not an issue yet.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I had so much fun playing pyro last night. It's my 3rd most played class already, and the achievements and addition of the air burst alt fire on the flamethrower is excellent! I played with Haarg, Funkblast, Zer0 and m&ms and we spent some time working on achievements and stuff.

My first achievement was to axe 3 people in a row. I just logged into the server, went pyro and busted out my axe and started chopping down the enemy. My new alias for TF2 when pyro-ing is "Let Me Axe You Somethin' " :D

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
for me it's love/hate... i always used to love being a pyro, and some of the new features are great... but now the servers are full of pyros and i feel guilty... as if i'm only wanting to be one because i want to get the achievements :(
if anything, the game now needs balancing by releasing the updates for the other classes.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
for me it's love/hate... i always used to love being a pyro, and some of the new features are great... but now the servers are full of pyros and i feel guilty... as if i'm only wanting to be one because i want to get the achievements :(
if anything, the game now needs balancing by releasing the updates for the other classes.

It's easy to tell who the actual pyro-players are though.

I was way ahead of the pack of pyros on my team in terms of points and stuff.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I've only had the game a week and i conveniently was drawn tot he pyro when i got it. Now everyone is playing them i've been trying other classes because as above, i feel like veryone thinks i'm just going for achievements. :(

That said this pyro pack seemed to me like a good time to try out being a medic and getting some of those achievements, of which i have a couple now.

TOnight though i was somewhat peeved when i joined servers and everyone swore at me telling me not to kill them because they weer farming. :(