TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
The sandvich seems like more of a gimmick than anything else considering you can get back 130+ hp from a medium health pack and the time when a heavy really needs to be healed is when he's in a fight, not when he's sitting around in a relatively safe area. It doesn't make for a medic-independent Heavy is what I guess I want to say.

Still, it's hilarious and I love it.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
really really great !
the meet the sandvich video is simply hilarious. "you call that breaking my spine ?"

I hope I'll get "makin bacon" quickly with this :)

Ben1220

Jan 22, 2008
ut2004tips.blogspot.com
Yeah I play it a bit, not as much as UT2004, actually atm ut2004 and tf2 are the only games I play I think I've done about 120 hours at tf2 by now. Its very different then ut2004, and it definently has its merits, one of which is a massive online community.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
yeh, I even had the "with friends like these..." achievement (Play in a game with 7 or more players from your friends list.) last night. and my friend's list is 100% composed of BuFers

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
$10 on Steam this weekend, just had a decent update too. Now engineers can upgrade dispensers and teleporters up to lv. 3, the spy can refill his cloak with ammo pickups, you can destroy sticky bombs with any bullet weapon now, new HUD features for medics when someone is calling you, and some other tweaks

Scout update will be next along with some engine tweaks, courtesy of Left 4 Dead.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You can destroy sticky bombs? OMG about ****ing time yes?
Might want to play this game again though, I haven't played it in at least 6 months.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
TF2 emptied out when L4D was released. Hopefully some players will come back to it now.

The upgradeable teleporters are insanely powerful. Pretty much eliminates the need for more than 1 engy on offense.

The upgradeable dispensers probably won't make that much of a difference, but who knows.

The spy upgrade seems VERY powerful to me, though, maybe a bit OP. We'll see, I guess.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The reason why I stopped playing is because this game started to feel like a lone wolf idiot game. I like pubs and CTI's so whenever I joined them I rarely seen people trying to capture the intelligence, you just get a bunch of kids respawning with the sniper/soldier/heavy just to get more kill. If I want to frag I'll go play COD4.

I want that tactical again but with a lot of teamwork. Which doesn't exist much anymore. So if anyone is willing to play or give me a good server IP they usually play on, go ahead, I feel like doing some teamwork.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
capture the intelligence

I think I found the problem.

Seriously, don't play CTF if you want teamwork, especially not on 32 player servers running 2Fart and that tiny map with narrow elevators in the middle area.

The most strategic, challenging, and teamwork-intensive experiences in TF2 are the following:

- Arena matches on Lumberyard
- The first and second stages of Dustbowl
- Gravel Pit
- Most of PL-Badwater

TF2 is good stuff.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think I found the problem.

Seriously, don't play CTF if you want teamwork, especially not on 32 player servers running 2Fart and that tiny map with narrow elevators in the middle area.

Yeah, that's a most definitive. I tend to avoid these 32p servers especially if they have inta-respawn on.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Steam cloud update that was supposed to be "later this week" three weeks ago has arrived. Scout Pack should be right around the corner.