Clint Eastwood mocks GOP; antics go unnoticed by squares

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Err, no, Obama is skewed towards the left 'true' by a considerable margin. Romney is indeed fairly broadly distributed.-

That politifact site is great. We need a UK equivalent.

Judging by those stats, you're all fucked.

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
rule #1 of propaganda: repeat a lie often enough, and ignorant clowns (like yourself) will begin to believe that it's true.
I fail to ascertain why you fucking insist on the namecalling. Does it make you feel more like a real man when you try to beat down another?.

Anyway, you didn't disprove the claim, you merely called it a lie. But, let me ask, do you know for certain that those individuals I named never made such statements?

like the majority myth.

the Democrats never owned Congress.
did you forget Ted Kennedy? how about Obama's vacated seat? how about the fact that 60 votes is not a majority?
Actually, in the Senate, 60 votes is satisfactory if the minority party votes down in unison.

You COULD stop drinking that flavor of kool-aid yourself. Fact is the Democrats had enough of a majority long enough to get their legislation passed in both chambers of Congress, but failed to gain support within their own party during this time.

do you have any idea how the debt works?
do you know what interest is?
do you know how borrowing and lending works?

just because the debt keeps climbing does not mean that Obama is responsible for every dollar of it.

Really? So, only Bush could create debt but not Obama or Clinton? That's fucking convenient.

http://s17.postimage.org/wn850kbbx/image.jpg
the wars (that Bush started and didn't pay for), the tax cuts (that Bush enacted and didn't pay for), and the bank bailouts (that Bush enacted) account for the vast majority of our debt.
Sorry, but your picture paints a skewed, er, uh, picture of the truth. Unless I am reading it wrong, it claims we had no debt prior to 2001.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Err, no, Obama is skewed towards the left 'true' by a considerable margin. Romney is indeed fairly broadly distributed.-

lrn2stat. When you say "skewed", it means the larger tail, not where the majority of whatever quantity is.

446px-Skewness_Statistics.svg.png

The "positive" skewed graph is the same as "right" skewed.

So by my convention with "true" being to the left, and "false" being to the right, my wording is correct.

Last edited:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
...Fact is the Democrats had enough of a majority long enough to get their legislation passed in both chambers of Congress, but failed to gain support within their own party during this time.

That's because the Democratic party is not a bunch cowards, fearing they'll lose the support of their party if they don't vote the party-line

Sorry, but your picture paints a skewed, er, uh, picture of the truth. Unless I am reading it wrong, it claims we had no debt prior to 2001.

It clearly shows a 30%+ dept in 2001.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
But Mitt has more 'pants on fire' than Obama.

The point Luv_Studd was making is that Obama's has a right-skewed distribution, with true on the left and pants on fire to the right. Romney's is more normally distributed on half-true.

So you're saying "my guy tells somewhat fewer lies (in part or whole) than the other guy"? Isn't it somewhat depressing to have to take that position?

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
So you're saying "my guy tells somewhat fewer lies (in part or whole) than the other guy"? Isn't it somewhat depressing to have to take that position?

Well, it is being realistic. Everyone lies. Everyone stretches the truth. Everyone misleads and deceives. We're human. Politicians are no different. In life, everything is the choice between two evils, and I would much rather trust the guy that tells fewer lies.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
either way the point remains.
just look at the footage again.

it's 5 PM on CSPAN.
that's not primetime, that's not a major network. there's hardly any people there, the place is half empty. the DNC announced a small change to the foreign policy language of the platform and a handful of people boo'ed.

Uhh the point doesn't remain. Your statement was an outright fabrication. At this point I don't know if you are intentionally trying to mislead people, or if you're just that misinformed. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you know it wasn't true, and are just trying to save face. This was not a "dress rehearsal", and it was not a "small change". This was the DNC making a significant change to their platform. They left out mentions of God, and the capital of Israel being Jerusalem. People made a big enough stink that Obama felt it needed to be changed. When it was brought to the floor the delegates booed God and Israel. They had a roll call 3 times. The woman on the stage says "you just have to let them do what they're going to do". They called it a 2/3's in favor, when it sounds to me like the nays are louder than the yeas. Your characterization of the events couldn't be farther from the truth. Luckily we all have video of it, and people can see the events for themselves.

I expect a big bump from this DNC for Obama. Yes, I just said that "BUT" I also expect everything to go downhill soon after for the dems.

I'm sure there will be a bump, but it will be the same 1-2 point bump that Republicans got. Personally I thought Obama's speech was a complete blunder. His wife gave a great speech, Clinton gave a pretty good speech, and I even liked Biden's speech. I was actually really shocked at how good Biden's speech was. I really underestimated his oratory skills, and ability to excite the base. But listening to Obama's speech all I could think was "gee this sounds familiar". I thought he was going to offer specifics, but we got the same old promises with no concrete policy ideas to accomplish them. Romney at least gave us a 5 point plan, but I didn't hear anything from Obama about how to achieve his vision. It was totally empty.

Anyways I think the jobs report will have 200,000 jobs. So there's that.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, it is being realistic. Everyone lies. Everyone stretches the truth. Everyone misleads and deceives. We're human. Politicians are no different. In life, everything is the choice between two evils, and I would much rather trust the guy that tells fewer lies.

These are just a handful of issues vetted by one source. Are you certain it's the definitive declaration of which candidate lies more?

For the record, I think neither of those records are anything to brag about but I didn't bring it up.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
This was not a "dress rehearsal", and it was not a "small change". This was the DNC making a significant change to their platform. They left out mentions of God, and the capital of Israel being Jerusalem. People made a big enough stink that Obama felt it needed to be changed. When it was brought to the floor the delegates booed God and Israel.
wow you're really digging deep on this one.
I mean it's all there in the video, you can see it with your own 2 eyes. but let's try this again.

• the arena was more than half empty. there was hardly anyone there. yes, some people boo'ed. but they're not booing God or the state of Israel :lol:
    they were booing those changes.
  • they were not "significant" changes either. that implies and assumes that everyone has a strong opinion about God and Jerusalem; as though they were major planks of the platform. adding in a few words and one sentence is not a significant change. it's a small amendment.
  • when you say "people made a big stink" you mean "hardcore conservatives and Fox News cried a fucking river until a non-issue became an issue." nobody else really cared. and that's partly why those people were booing. they didn't like that the Dems were again conceding to artificial drama created by the GOP.
the point here is that the RNC got a huge shower of boo's when they went to ratify their entire platform in front of the entire delegation.
the DNC got some boos when they went to ratify small changes in front of barely half their delegation.

I know you're not very good with context so try and let that sink in before you snap reply... even though you won't :p

Actually, in the Senate, 60 votes is satisfactory if the minority party votes down in unison.
do yourself a favor and take a community college course on the US Congress.

you also forgot the death of Ted Kennedy, Obama's vacated Senate seat, and the fact that 60 votes is not a majority in the 21st century.

Really? So, only Bush could create debt but not Obama or Clinton? That's fucking convenient.
is English your first language?
your comprehension skills are terrible.

no one said that Obama can't add to the debt.
but I'll ask again; do you have any idea how the debt works?
do you know how borrowing and lending works?
do you know what interest is?

Obama's debt is still part of the total debt. of course.
but it doesn't account for anywhere near HALF of the debt we've incurred thanks directly to Republicans while they were in power.

• 2 massive wars that were unfunded and borrowed heavily from Chinese banks.
  • tax cuts for the highest earners that none of them needed which didn't create more jobs and were also completely unfunded.
  • bank bailouts.
these things were not balanced with new revenues and they all carry interest. we will still be paying for this nonsense several different presidents from now.
this is why I call you an ignorant clown.
because you act like one.

that "skewed picture" is direct from the Congressional Budget Office.
and it doesn't say that we had "no debt" in 2001 :lol:

that's just the starting point for the Bush tax cuts and the 2 wars which happen to account for the vast majority of the current debt.
how can you be so dumb and still manage to operate a computer? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Jacks, you really need to read this post.

You have some good points in your posts. I believe you have several holes in your arguments, but you hide them by talking down to others who disagree with you and revert to personal attacks. Debating things like economics can be fun, but I have no respect for people who act like you do in these discussions, and it's just not worth the time.

Stop the snobbish condescending act, and maybe one day we can have a good discussion. Until then, please try to respect the forum rules.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Jacks, you really need to read this post.

You have some good points in your posts. I believe you have several holes in your arguments, but you hide them by talking down to others who disagree with you and revert to personal attacks. Debating things like economics can be fun, but I have no respect for people who act like you do in these discussions, and it's just not worth the time.

Stop the snobbish condescending act, and maybe one day we can have a good discussion. Until then, please try to respect the forum rules.

QFT.

It's clear from this thread that Jacks has no intention of changing his ways. Despite the big blowup from last time, he insists on insulting others in every post. He shows no remorse for his behavior, and it looks like he believes the rules will not be enforced. The entire mood and discussion on this forum would improve if Jacks was no longer a part of it.

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
The entire mood and discussion on this forum would improve if Jacks was no longer a part of it.

Nah, somebody else would carry the torch. There's going to be a mormon genocide soon. They've been prancing in their coffers for too long, flaunting their cheap gimmick of a religion. People are getting pissed.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
These are just a handful of issues vetted by one source. Are you certain it's the definitive declaration of which candidate lies more?

For the record, I think neither of those records are anything to brag about but I didn't bring it up.

Politifact isn't the definitive source to declare the truth/lie ratio, but my point still stands. Lying and stretching the truth and deceiving are all part of the human condition, and when it comes down to it, when there is a choice between limited numbers of parties, I would rather vote for someone who has a larger truth/lie ratio.

And I agree, those records for both are less than stellar, but lets be honest. Can we do any better than the politicians when it comes to truth-telling? We are both only human, it's just that politicians are on a bigger stage and deal with bigger debates than we do. True, in a perfect world, we should hold them to a higher standard, but they are representatives of us, and will only go as far as we hold the standard for ourselves.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Politifact isn't the definitive source to declare the truth/lie ratio, but my point still stands. Lying and stretching the truth and deceiving are all part of the human condition, and when it comes down to it, when there is a choice between limited numbers of parties, I would rather vote for someone who has a larger truth/lie ratio.

And I agree, those records for both are less than stellar, but lets be honest. Can we do any better than the politicians when it comes to truth-telling? We are both only human, it's just that politicians are on a bigger stage and deal with bigger debates than we do. True, in a perfect world, we should hold them to a higher standard, but they are representatives of us, and will only go as far as we hold the standard for ourselves.

I dunno man... maybe we can and maybe we can't. It just seemed like an odd thing to parade around as a positive to me.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
I dunno man... maybe we can and maybe we can't. It just seemed like an odd thing to parade around as a positive to me.

Yeah, it definitely isn't something to flaunt on the campaign trail, but in the non-idealistic world, it is something you have to factor in.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
QFT.

It's clear from this thread that Jacks has no intention of changing his ways. Despite the big blowup from last time, he insists on insulting others in every post. He shows no remorse for his behavior, and it looks like he believes the rules will not be enforced. The entire mood and discussion on this forum would improve if Jacks was no longer a part of it.

Please don't use my post to further your ongoing feud. You two are two sides of the same coin.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
QFT.

My mood would improve if you were not part of this forum anymore.

I would like to hear an explanation from you why it would be moral to ban homosexuality or why Adam and Eve are not a prime example of incest but you're above fact so it seems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.