COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Dunno if that was already posted but here's 10mins footage
Still has Hawaiian Punch blood and to me it seemed as if he played Hardcore with HUD. Which leads me to believe they've completely washed out scrub mode for something more movemented.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Dunno if that was already posted but here's 10mins footage
Still has Hawaiian Punch blood and to me it seemed as if he played Hardcore with HUD. Which leads me to believe they've completely washed out scrub mode for something more movemented.

I'm glad we have experts in here that know what having blood on your goggles is like. ;)

Couldn't this be fixed via adjusting the color/saturation on the monitor being used?

Last edited:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Is it just me or is the new UI really obtrusive?

"HEEEAAADDSHOOOOOTT!!! ... Did you SEE THAT??!! You got a heaDSHOT!! ... Now your view is blocked and you will die. That is all."

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Bad news, fellas. We're getting screwed again.

No dedicated servers. No mods. All games through this thing they're calling IW.net.

General

* IW partnering through Steam is what you will see in the future. Matchmaking is not through Steam, but IW.NET is run in conjunction with Steam.
* GSP's will no longer be renting out servers.
* No PunkBuster. VAC will be used as an anti cheat.
* Retail distribution: Pre-orders will get a disk. Or you could order from Steam.
* DLC may now need to be paid for - not confirmed.
* Piracy was only a small reason for going to IW.NET - not the whole reason.

Clans

* No more clan servers. Private matches, replace clan servers.
* Listen servers will connect to each other.
* IW.NET/Steam will replace the community server admin

Competitive Gaming

* Competitive gaming has changed forever.
* It might be possible in the future for IW engineers to load a "competitive" setting on IW.NET, but it is far from a guarantee. It might also never happen.

Modding

* Modding the game is now very much in question. Fourzerotwo had no info on modding. However, it appears that there will be no mods or maps for MW2.
* Modding in SpecOps? Unknown.
Sauce: http://bashandslash.com/

More: http://kotaku.com/5384057/new-moder...-service-will-definitely-reshape-pc-community

Last edited:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008

Sindarin

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 15, 2004
Bad news, fellas. We're getting screwed again.

No dedicated servers. No mods. All games through this thing they're calling IW.net.
"Consolization"?

Meh, saves me $10 now. Think I'll get Arkham Asylum instead.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Erm Ok... I just listened to that pod cast and I still don't understand why they want to force us to go via IW.net

They say it's for "match making". Surely you can find matches on normal dedicated servers? You really don't need a whole forced network.

Also, I don't fully understand. Where will the games be hosted now? Is it all going to be locally?
Eeek wtf! I think so... so it's going to be everyone running listen servers. That ****ing sucks big time.
I play on dedicated servers precisely because home connections are so notoriously ****e and dedicated machines provide the better experience.

This all sounds really ****, for lack of a better word. Never have thought, but I'm starting to get turned off this game a little.

Last edited:

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
I buy every Call of Duty game for the PC by Infinity Ward, the CoD1 expansion, and even the god awful abomination World at War, and this is how I get treated?

Yeah, **** you IW.