Hello all, Is it that bad?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Jaspos and hocus continues to make me laugh in a way.

The game is not very bad. The game is unfinished. I'd say... no for now.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Quite frankly, if you didn't like the Demo, dont buy it, not yet!

The game has serious potential, it could one day become a great UT, if Epic actually Patches and Bonus packs it heavilly (but we dont know if they will), but untill that happens, its just like the Demo, just with a bit more content (and none of that content is gameplay altering in any big way).

So really, dont part with your money untill Epic fixes this thing, as it is, you dont even know if it will even run on your system, it doesen't for many of us (like me, crashes to desktop constantly! and Epic seems more buissy making the Xbox version than fixing the PC version).

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
because im entitled to my own opinion. im just trying save this dude 50 bucks, the guy ran ut servers and was in a clan i really doubt he is interested in playing offline. Its hard enough to find a decent game without IG... add a quad jump mutator, and well... right now theres one person my server browser shows playing CTF. Do you work for epic or something? You yourself just made a post making fun of the game where the op has his avatar set to "ut3 sucks" but you are going to complain about me telling this guy the truth?

Dear op here is a recipe for you:

1. listen to the fanboys and buy the game.
2. play the game
3. decide if you like it or not.
4. give us an update whether you like it or not.
5. ?????????
6. profit

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you referring to T2A's hint thread? That was funny and most of my comments were made with tongue planted firmly in cheek.
Sure you're entitled to your own opinion, but the purpose of this forum isn't to constantly bash UT3 (Unless you can do it with wit and style;)).

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
thumbs upwards for me

I like the game, I might want to point out that Epic fixed the player height/scale up a little more in the full release than in the demo. But aside from minor tweaks, if the demo was not to your liking, well the full game is not very different.

Also, InstaGib CTF servers are still around :p

Captain_Tea

Jan 22, 2008
UT3 is a great game, give it a couple of patches and it will be the best out there. If you liked Unreal or UT99 you will probably like it. Its pretty much like UT99 with a double jump added, new weapons and awesome graphics. The retail version is much better than the demo.

Many of the guys who frequent these forums are either in dire need of anti-depressants and need to see a shrink, or they are being paid by a rival game company to try to kill the game.

Hickeroar

Jan 22, 2008
I think the gameplay is brilliant and fun...however, there's nothing truly NEW in the game, epic has done a beyond-lousy job of supporting the PC base (no linux server or client yet? (and many other awful things)), and the whole interface just feels unpolished. I haven't played in weeks because no one else seems to be playing. Lots of things (map downloads for instance) are broken as well so it's a real hassle to get into a game.

Even the PS3 version is plagued by hard-lock-freezups.

Last edited:

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello BU gang...

I may have played some UT with a few of you in the past when I was in the -}WM{- clan. Over the years I have also run servers for UT99, UT2003, and UT2004.

Like everyone else I had been looking forward to UT3 coming out for some time. I built my new PC to play this game as well as SupCom. I have not yet purchased the game as I have seen a good deal of poor reviews of it as well as not really liking the demo too much. I was also kind of disapointed in the first version of the dedicated server pack so I have not put a UT3 server up yet.

I mainly played InstaGib BR. I know that BR was removed from UT3, but do they still have quad jump & the InstaGib mutator?

My main question for those here is: Is the game really that bad (in the opinion of those who own it)?

Thanks...

YD

if your not liking the demo, forget it.
As for people's posts, comments I'd trust from those who posted in this thread: T2A, Tale, m&ms.

srø

#unstoppable
Jan 22, 2008
if your not liking the demo, forget it.
As for people's posts, comments I'd trust from those who posted in this thread: T2A, Tale, m&ms.

It depends.. kinda, on what you like to play the best. I never really thought much of the demo, but that was because both my favorite gametype and favorite mutator weren't in there. If what you intend to play in the full game is represented in the demo, then yes, you will find that there are surprisingly few changes, but as an iCTF player, I really couldn't get a feel for what I was getting in to from the demo.

I don't know what he plans on playing (he mentioned instagib & br), but if it's gonna end up being iBR with that custom BR gametype, then the demo will tell him nothing.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The gameplay rules, there are several annoying things not related to the gameplay. It plays mostly like the demo.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
If you currently play UT2kx - get it! It's an huge improvement in terms of gameplay and fun factor (and excluding oh-we-all-know-what-Epic-did-fook-up stuff)
If you're currently into UT1 then you might want to hold back a while, like I do. To see is this game going to gain some more solid ground or sink and die (and in my case get a PC able to run that on acceptable framerates =p)

Coffin_Dancer

Jan 20, 2008
there are many elements of the game i really do like... :)

i think that with a few fixes and touch-ups it could get a LOT better, but therein lies the problem:

what is slowly pissing me off with each passing day of checking FP for a patch is the .....silence!! :-(

no official responses, announcements, reports of plans, current status of any (possible) patch, except apparently one post which only pointed back to a well-worn list of community patch wishes, or something along those lines.

i am slowly drifting from feeling initially disappointed to gradually feeling more and more as if someone took my money and ran.

but i am also so angry about this that i doubt that i'll EVER buy another game before the first patch comes out AFTER it's been released, and i've done a "forum check" on it.

so, no! it's not that bad - it just may not get any better than it is in its current state.

sadly,
CD

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
This game, like all UTs, has had some pretty important stuff missing upon launch.

The core gameplay, in my opinion, is awesome, however - by far the best UT yet. However, the menus are a bit of a bland chore, and there's tons of stuff missing - some of which the game could really use, (Mapvoting that isn't locked to the gametype, Webadmin) some of which have mysteriously vanished (Weapon throwing, Pipeswitching) and some of which make you want to bash your head into your keyboard as to why they're not there. (Server info)

That said, I don't think any UT ever really hit its stride until the third or fourth patch. In terms of now, if you liked the demo, it's probably worth it, but if you didn't, you might want to wait for another patch or two and then re-evaluate it. I have a feeling it'll be a quite improved game by the time that magical Patch 1.3 or 1.4 rolls around.

h.pocus

Jan 20, 2008
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you referring to T2A's hint thread? That was funny and most of my comments were made with tongue planted firmly in between his butt cheeks.
Sure you're entitled to your own opinion, but the purpose of this forum isn't to constantly bash UT3 (Unless you can do it with wit and style;)).

you must have typed that fast you skipped over some key words.

jmandawg

Jan 20, 2008
See my sig before you decide to purchase the game. I will sell you my game for 25$.

LOL, good one h.pokus, you noobs need to get a sense of humor, you just got pooned.

Status
Not open for further replies.