Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Wanted 8/10

I thought it was pretty bad ass.

- The super long range sniper shots at the start and the end of the movie were very cool.

- Hate to say it but kind of reminded me of the Korn video with the bullet traveling across various locales

- Wesley's office freak out was epic... told the fat bitch to STFU and brought smack down on his co-worker that was banging his girl. **** you with keys flying of the keyboard and missing teeth to make the 'U' was awesome.

-The final stand off in the library...one curved bullet to kill them all.

I just regret that my surround sound system is still not online, waiting for parts to show up. If I had that on this movie would have been a lot more fun.

I agree, although I've never seen the ending becasue I fell asleep while watching it, not saying it was boring though, but I did fall asleep.
What I saw of it was pretty cool though.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
V for Vendetta- 9.5/10

I've seen this film plenty of times now. I've been a fan of the Wachowski's since The Matrix and I am really into all of their movies.

That being said, and in my opinion, not only is this the most powerful film statement they have made so far, this is also one of the most powerful films made in recent times.

The more I see this movie the better it gets for me and it's incredibly well made down to the last detail.

The performances are both brilliant and totally believable.

I would never give any flick the full ten points but this film, in my opinion, comes about as close to being perfect as any film can be.

I want to see it again now......

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
The Way We Were. I can't believe I actually saw a movie with Barbra Streisand without having been forced. It's not that bad, but it's definitely way too corny for my taste (and hey, I liked "Love Story"). The main characters are clichéd beyond reason, although Streisand's acting (which is much better than Redford's) at least serves to make her role believable. In the end, the movie works better as an indictment of the work of the House Committee on Un-American Activities than as a story of a love between two people too different from each other. Features a horrible soundtrack. 6/10

...And Justice for All. Al Pacino in one of his earlier roles, playing an idealistic defense lawyer standing up against the corrupt judicial system. Beneath all what you'd expect (yes, he goes to bed with a woman who's unknowingly caught up in the system) there's room for some original and unexpected details (a suicidal judge as a running gag) that both set the movie apart and better convey the message of a court system gone mad and completely unfair. Another horrible soundtrack. 7/10

Charlie Wilson's War. This one caught me completely by surprise. The movie first comes across like a (sometimes seemingly absurd) comedy, then eventually walks a fine line between comedic elements and unsubtle criticism of the American involvement in Afghanistan and the political haggling in Congress. And for some reason, it works. Great performance by Philip Seymour Hoffman, but Tom Hanks' and Julia Roberts' acting should not be overlooked either. 8/10

They Live. "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of gum." Amusing stab at capitalism and consumerism, that never tries to be subtle about it. Features one of the longest and most absurd fight scenes ever. 7/10

Labyrinth. A great fantasy movie about growing up that, thanks to Jim Hensons's lovely characters, doesn't only work for kids. Who wouldn't just love Sir Didymus? David Bowie's crotch is frightening. 9/10

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Diggers 7.5/10

Story about a tightly-knit cluster of friends, all of whom are forced to embrace change as their small-town way of life is soon to be altered forever. It’s September 1976 on the south shore of Long Island. Local clam diggers are more worried about losing their already-fragile trade to an encroaching corporation. Like his father and grandfather before him, Hunt (Paul Rudd) is a digger, but one with a restless, imaginative side exemplified by the black-and-white Polaroids he takes. Hunt’s lifelong buddies and fellow diggers include Frankie Lozo (Ken Marino), a brash father struggling to support five kids and his longsuffering but spunky wife, Julie (Sarah Paulson); laid-back local ladies’ man Jack (Ron Eldard); and philosophy-spouting pot dealer Cons (Josh Hamilton). A sudden death propels the four best friends to look at their lives, as it does for Hunt’s recently-divorced older sister, Gina (Maura Tierney), who works as a waitress at the local diner. Meanwhile, Hunt falls for a hip young woman visiting from Manhattan, Zoe (Lauren Ambrose), who wonders why his artistic impulses don’t propel him out of a dead-end town.

World's Greatest Dad 8/10

Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton, a man who has learned to settle. He dreamed of being a rich and famous writer, but has only managed to make it as a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle (Daryl Sabara) is an insufferable jackass who won’t give his father the time of day. He is dating Claire (Alexie Gilmore), the school’s adorable art teacher, but she doesn’t want to get serious -- or even acknowledge publicly that they are dating.

Then, in the wake of a freak accident, Lance suffers the worst tragedy and greatest opportunity of his life. He is suddenly faced with the possibility of all the fame, fortune and popularity he ever dreamed of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there.

Written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
The Bourne Ultimatium - 9/10

I dont know if this was explained in the movie but...

What was Nicky referring to when she asked Jason in the restaurant if he did not remember? Something about she couldnt handle it?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

What was Nicky referring to when she asked Jason in the restaurant if he did not remember? Something about she couldnt handle it?

Haven't seen the movie in a while so I don't know what you're talking about but it sounds like she's talking about him not remembering their sessions together. Her being the Treadstone agent's PTSD psychologist person and everything.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Lost Highway- 7/10

I like David Lynch's style but don't ask me what his films are about. Maybe it's one of things where the audience is supposed to inject a lot of their own interpretations of the narrative.

He certainly demands plenty of his audience......

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Lost Highway- 7/10

I like David Lynch's style but don't ask me what his films are about. Maybe it's one of things where the audience is supposed to inject a lot of their own interpretations of the narrative.

He certainly demands plenty of his audience......

Yeah, the only films of his that I've seen that have made any real sense have been Eraserhead and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. Of those, the first one's a bit of an ordeal to watch, but I highly recommend the second. It basically condenses the most effective Lynchian themes of the series into a great film (I'm not sure if you've seen the series, but basically it's two very different shows rolled into one - a tongue-in-cheek soap opera and a surreal plunge into strongly emotional darkness. The film dwells entirely on the latter). You don't need to have seen Twin Peaks to appreciate the film, and actually it probably helps.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Funny People - 6/10

RIDICULOUSLY LONG. I feel like I just sat through Titanic. Some hilarious moments throughout, but you gotta sit through the long drawn out depressing stuff before you get there. It also didn't seem to have much of a point. I did enjoy Seth Rogen's role though. At least it was a bit different than his usual pot head character.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
The Bourne Ultimatium - 9/10

A friend of mine read the books and his "handler", the blonde chick, used to be his girlfriend or whatever. Plus the whole memory loss thing went differently and by ultimatum he's like 50 yrs old or so. They had to change things around since the novels were based in a different era.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 5/10

Passable and the kids enjoy it. Just a pity that this was the only outing for Richard Harris as Dumbledore.

The Pink Panther Strikes Again 4/10

Not unfunny in places but the second half really drags, self-plagiarism is rampant and all connection with reality has been lost (the MacGuffin belongs in a more outré Man From U.N.C.L.E episode). From direct observation, I can state that 8 year-olds think this movie hilarious.