Was the Super Bowl fixed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Was the Super Bowl fixeD?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I like pickles

Votes: 18 36.0%

• Total voters

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
I watched the game and I will say I am not really a football fan.
While I was watching the game though, I did think that this game might of been fixed. I don't know though, just had that thought a couple of times.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Riiiiiiight...

How the hell can you fake a 48-yard field goal? OK, touchdowns can be given even if the ball doesn't cross the line (and perfectly legal touchdowns can also be revoked). However, a field goal can't be faked. The ball either goes through the posts, or it doesn't. And think about this: if the Superbowl really was rigged because of 9/11, then wouldn't a New York team have won it?

I can just imagine the conspiracy theories circulating in the bars of St. Louis over the next few days/weeks/months/years/until the Rams win another bowl.

Siledre

Scorpions love marmalade too
Jun 14, 2000
Washington
aside from the fact I like pickles, the superbowl wasnt faked it all just happens virtually and beamed graphically in 3d color on the feild so the fans in the stadium and tv just think they are seeing real people, also the moon landing wasnt faked either, it just wasnt the humans that got there first, the government wont admit it but the dolphins have had a colony on there for about 400 years now.

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
What are you smoking?

How could you watch the game and say that it was fixed?!? Was that holding call against the Patriots part of the master plan?!?! They (the Fixers) just threw it in there to keep things interesting I guess (* NSFY resists urge to use rolleyes).

...now, if you want to talk about a game that was fixed, let's talk Patriots vs Raiders :D First God made it snow real hard to mess up the Raiders (they don't really know what snow is so most of their players were freaked out by it and some were trying to catch snowflakes in their mouths when they were supposed to be tackling and stuff). Then there was that replay reversal call on the fumble/incomplete pass (the call appears to have been correct according to a strict interpretation of NFL rules, but anyone that saw it knows it was a fumble). OK I've said enough for now...I've noticed some men in trench coats following me around lately and

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
By FoxZero:
I've heard a couple of these conspiracy theories, and they're just downright inane...first of all, the number of players that participate in a football game in a meaningful manner is so high that the alleged conspiracy would have to be enormous - the logistics of such a thing are mind-boggling. Secondly, anyone who thinks the Patriots didn't simply beat the crap out of the Rams physically wasn't watching the game or doesn't know anything about football. Thirdly, if you're going to fix a game, you'd have to be an idiot to plan the fix around exactly /one/ offensive touchdown, three turnovers resulting in points, and a 48-yard field goal as time expires.

By Maj1013:
Not to mention the fact that no amount of money would be sufficient to bribe all the people necessary. 'Cause, really, how much would you have to bribe someone like Kurt Warner to throw his chance at being a SuperBowl winning QB? He doesn't exactly make chump change as it is. Losing the Superbowl means more than just loss of endorsements or bonus money, though. Most players never make it to the big game...if they get the chance to go, you think they're going to risk that ring on a bribe? Oh, hell, no. These guys have been dreaming about being a Super Bowl champ since they were little boys.

As for the Black Sox, they're a fine example of why the game wouldn't be thrown, too. Any player who isn't a complete idiot would know that getting caught would mean complete disgrace, a probable lifetime ban, and, more than likely, a massive lawsuit. And lets face it, they would get caught eventually.

By me:
I believe the US was already in a 'pro-US' mood. With an approval rating like that, why would you need to make the Rams throw the game so that your budget has more public support?

Also, I think the argument that the 'Patriots' represent some kind of 'patriotic feeling' is absurd. They are not 'America's Team'. It's just a picture on a helmet and a catchy name for the franchise.

It's just a great sports story, get over it. Sometimes the team that wants it more, that isn't wound up tight with the weight of enormous expectations, that doesn't choke, that plays smarter and is coached more intelligently, can win. I've seen over a 1000 NFL games. It isn't like this was the first, or even the biggest, upset ever.

I heard the same kind of conspiracy theories during the Series when it looked as if the Yankees might pull it off.

I'll tell you what looked fixed to me. The Mavs-Pacers game last night! How do the Pacers, one of the best free-throw-shooting teams in the league, miss SIX crucial free throws in a ROW in Overtime, any one of which would have iced the game for them?? Oh well, we'll take the win. :D

Alcoholic9

Drunk
Jan 17, 2000
Boston,MA
Visit site
Alright I confess........

And I woulda got away with it too.......if it wasn't for you meddling kids and that STUPID dog!!!! :D

IT WAS ME ST. LOUIS!!!!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG ST LOUIS!!!!!

YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!

EVEN MY FAMILY BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!

YOU ALL BOUGHT IT, HOOK, LINE AND SINKER!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

theDealer{skullface}

unregistered citizen
Oct 18, 2001
Boston
www.skullface.com
Then there was that replay reversal call on the fumble/incomplete pass (the call appears to have been correct according to a strict interpretation of NFL rules, but anyone that saw it knows it was a fumble).

According to a strict interpretation... How the fu<k else would you officiate a game, with daisies up yer @ss!?

Boo friggin hoo :p

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
Originally posted by theDealer{skullface}

According to a strict interpretation... How the fu<k else would you officiate a game, with daisies up yer @ss!?

Boo friggin hoo :p
Hmmm - obviously a sore spot, fanboy. Ideally, it would be nice if a fumble was called a fumble. Did Brady mean to throw it? It doesn't appear that he did. Did the defender knock it loose? Yep. That's usually a fumble, except the NFL has some goofy wording about balls knocked loose after/during pump fakes being considered incomplete passes. My point was that if you were paranoid and wanted to talk about fixes, that play would deserve more scrutiny than anything in the Super Bowl :p Don't you have anything to say about the snow comments?