Was the Super Bowl fixed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Was the Super Bowl fixeD?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I like pickles

Votes: 18 36.0%

• Total voters

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by theDealer{skullface}

According to a strict interpretation... How the fu<k else would you officiate a game, with daisies up yer @ss!?

Boo friggin hoo :p
Well, strictly according to the rules it was an incomplete pass, his arm was stilll moving forward. However, with a little common sense/logic/reasoning whatever you want to call it, it's obvious that he was no longer attempting to throw the ball. Hell, if he was he would have just hit his own foot, so maybe it should have been intentional grounding? :D

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
As soon as japan get their little satilight up, we'll prove that the US did land on the moon. The guy who came up with the whole we weren't on the moon crap said he would give up if the japan pictures show we landed there. So none of this the pictures are faked stuff.

If you had the resources to fix the super bowl, it wouldn't be worth it to you to do so.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I never said it was BTW, I just wanted to see what everyone else had to say and I have to admit...I PICKED THE PICKLES!!! Lol even tho I made the stupid poll!

so anyway, I'd like to see more votes for them pickles, gotta love them pickles!! :D

oh and before something REALLY bad happens in here...:D

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
If the Super Bowl was fixed Drew Bledsoe would have ran on the field and hit Tom Brady with a steel chair and joined the Rams.

But football isn't the WWF. :(

ViperXL

Great Car
Dec 9, 1999
St. Louis, MO, USA
wtf, it wasn't fixed

lol, but i was starting to think so until the TD was called back for holding (which was valid).

and please, PLEASE dont be saying anything about what people in St. Louis think. No one around here thinks anything like that...

(also, if it was fixed that prolly wouldn't just include the refs, the old baseball scandal involved the players also... So, you never know, Kurt Warner might be paid off :con: ;))

[edit] And... i would like any stupid sh*t directed to St. Louis to STOP, that is not cool. All of a sudden it seams that St. Louis is being made fun of by New Englanders for some reason. LAY the hell OFF, that is not good sportsmanship. Thanks.[/edit]

Last edited:

Alcoholic9

Drunk
Jan 17, 2000
Boston,MA
Visit site
Viper we see things up here. Right before the superbowl the local news played a commercial that was running in St. Louis, it had two actors portraying bostonians sitting in a bar talking about our sports teams and how they always choke. They dissed EVERY team we have calling them things like the dead sox, etc. The commercial ended with the line "St. Louis we've got it good." So don't act all innocent over there. You people have it coming. ;)

ViperXL

Great Car
Dec 9, 1999
St. Louis, MO, USA
Alcoholic9: No, that commercial was not in St. Louis. That was just some kind of little propaganda that they were showing up there or something, i have never seen are heard anything remotely like that here. Everyone i talked to about the Rams here were more modest then anything.

The only people i have ever seen do that kind of stuff was Philidelphia right before our game with the Eagles really, just dissing on everything St. Louis...

(ok, this might have been on in the middle of the night or something, but i have not heard of anything or anyone in STL doing or displaying anything like this at ALL)

So, i dont know where they got that from, the Fans here are actually some of the nicest sports fans... they dont take cheap shots and aren't bad sports like some places (Philidelphia [batteries])

btw, Alcoholic9: i dont want to get into a flame war over this kind of thing so im not going to say anything else here (i might msg you)