another "is it possible" question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'm looking into converting a map to eas, but unfortunately my ideas are quite complex and doubt eas has that much possibilities. I've played around with the new actors a little bit but there are still some things i couldn't achieve, i hope that's because of my limited knowledge in the matter. So here are the problems i couldn't solve so far :

1. Is it possible to have a map with 3 goals, but where only 2, no matter which ones, would be needed to complete the map ? Also, could you set these goals to be triggerable on and off by both teams ?

2. Can you trigger a goal via a normal trigger, instead of "direct" triggering. The reason is that i want to use the ClassProximityType option of normal triggers.

3. Can you make a goal actor not appear on HUD (for both teams) ?

I also have an additional non eas-related question : i was wondering if you could set an animated mesh to always remain in particular state to use as a deco ? (that's because i want to use the laptop in open idle state as a deco)

And btw, i really hope to see this eas tutorial someday.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
An angelheart map that's for sure. Except of course if i can't get his agreement. Right now i'm heading toward innercity, i have the storyline almost all figured out, but i want something worth angelheart's maps (not that i claim to equal 1/10000000 of his talent...), and if it can't be done i think i'll drop it alltogether.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
yeah i have been thinking of doing innercity too but i didnt found a good layout...show me your layout id be interressed init

if you plan to convert maps i could help you for some easy things (things i learned while converting...) but for the moment my knowledge is limited..i will ask you for help to ;)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well until we get that tutorial, I have no clue. Seems Beppo or some official INF mapper will need to clue you in. EAS must be very confusing if the tutorial is taking this long.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Well, what you can do, at the very least, have a trigger set that when two objectives are completed, the third objective is silently auto-completed thus making the winning condition occur. If something like this doesn't exist in EAS, then I'm sure something could be scripted very easilly to do it. :)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
1. First question: Yes. Works exactly like Keg described it. Second question: You can trigger goals on or off, but only once. I think both teams are able to do that.

2. Not sure.

3. Yes. Just set it's ObjectiveID to something high [after your other goals].

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Thanks, but i'd appreciate more explanation on the first question because i'm not quite sure you've understood what i want. I want to have 3 goals, but when only 2 of them are triggered, no matter which ones and no matter the order they are triggered (could be the 1st and then the last, the last then the 2nd, etc) it will complete the map. So it would work kind of like a ratio system : when two of ANY objectives are complete, the attackers win. If that's possible, could you explain a bit more how ?
Also if anyone has any idea concerning the 2nd question it would really help me out.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
ant75 said:
Thanks, but i'd appreciate more explanation on the first question because i'm not quite sure you've understood what i want. I want to have 3 goals, but when only 2 of them are triggered, no matter which ones and no matter the order they are triggered (could be the 1st and then the last, the last then the 2nd, etc) it will complete the map. So it would work kind of like a ratio system : when two of ANY objectives are complete, the attackers win. If that's possible, could you explain a bit more how ?
Also if anyone has any idea concerning the 2nd question it would really help me out.

You would be able to set this up with a bunch of triggers, counters aso aso but an easy little script would help you out much much better. So a class especially designed for such a thing is attached. The class is named EASSwitch and can be found below INF_GameObjects (like the EASGoals aso too). Setup the array of EASGoalTags with the names of the EASGoals it should check. Up to 20 EASGoals that feature one of the tags within this array are stored in an internal array then. You can use ie 1 tag to add 4 goals this way or 4 seperate tags for 4 goals too.
The CheckTime is counted in seconds. So every CheckTime seconds the goals are checked then. If the number of goals that are accomplished reaches the NeededNumGoals value then all goals within the internal array are automatically accomplished. This way the whole objective is accomplished cause all assigned goals are completed then.
This thing is very easy to setup this way.

ant75 said:
2. Can you trigger a goal via a normal trigger, instead of "direct" triggering. The reason is that i want to use the ClassProximityType option of normal triggers.

Sure, every actor (including triggers) that sends out trigger events can be used to trigger an EASGoal. Setup the triggeractors Event to the TriggerGoalCompletion or TriggerGoalActivation (can turn on and off) and setup the EASGoals Tag to this Event name too, else the standard trigger logic will not find and trigger it.

Attachments

• INF_EASSwitch.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 12

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I swear if you weren't a guy i'd say i love you.
Thanks a lot, now i just have to experiment with all this stuff.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'm sorry i must be doing something wrong because none of these things worked.
Here's what i tried for the new actor :
Made a cube map. Added 3 EASTriggerGoals. Changed these settings :
-Tag (respectively) : 1, 2 and 3
-Health : 50
-ObjectlistOrder (respectively) : 1, 2 and 3
-GoalTitle : 1, 2 and 3
-bProjTarget : true

Added 1 EASSwitch. Changed these settings :
-Checktime : 1
-EASGoalTags : 1, 2 and 3
-NeededNumGoals : 2

Now when i shoot each of the EASTriggerGoals one by one, it does nothing after i shot the 2nd one, instead of automatically triggering the third one. I'm pausing for about 10 seconds between each time i shoot. The objective is not complete until i shoot each of the 3 goals.

As for the second problem, i made a simple map and added 1 EASTriggerGoal and 1 normal Trigger. Changed these settings :
for the EASTriggerGoal
-Tag : 1
-TriggerGoalCompletion : 1

for the trigger
-Event : 1

When i step on the trigger, nothing happens. I also tried to set Health to 50 for the EASTriggerGoal. On the other hand, TriggerGoalActivation seems to work (the actor disappears of the hud when triggered).
What am i doing wrong, am i using the wrong actors here ? I also tried with ControlArea but it didn't work either.

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Ok now the switch actor works, that is really useful.
But i still can't get the triggergoalcompletion to work. I attach a modified version of your map to prove it.

Attachments

• EAS-SwitchandTrigger.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 8

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
I wasn't aware that you want to use everything the goals can do after being completed. Changed version attached that completes the goals the 'standard' way now allowing events to be send out aso.

Attachments

• INF_EASSwitch.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I've tried many things, i can't get the triggergoalcompletion to work (i don't know if that's a bug or if i'm doing something wrong). So far the only way i've found to trigger a goal actor using a normal trigger is to place an EASbomb near an EAStriggergoal, then use a normal trigger to activate the bomb, which will destroy the EAStriggergoal, provoking its completion. It's really not a convenient method but it's all i've got, so any ideas regarding an alternative method are welcome...

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
see attached example map.

In addition...
plz note that I've already said that an EASGoal does not 'inform' its objective about its completion if the EASGoal was triggered to become completed.
For this you always need an EASGoal that gets accomplished the 'standard' way.

Attachments

• EAS-GoalComplete.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
For this you always need an EASGoal that gets accomplished the 'standard' way.

That's what i figured out unfortunately. But i can always use the method described above.