Checking in...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Holy nordic fuck! Almost!

How are you doing man ?

Any news of others ?

Hey! Wow. Hope you are well. Forgive my late reply. Not very active at the moment, here or anywhere. Haven't really talked to anyone from "back then", except I ran into Viperian a few years ago, playing Battlefield. That's about it.

I tried installing UT some time ago, but Win 10 acts as it's mortal enemy, so playing infiltration is a no go for me, sadly.

Oh, and nice to see people still checking in :)

Act

Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
Holy crap what a trip down memory lane... good to see some of you guys are still kicking it. I used to go by Act back in the day on these forums. Lots of familiar names - hope everyone is doing well.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
I'm back again... after I was half-heartedly (and unsuccessfully) trying to get in touch with Morgan 'Botman' Eves, who did a few of the original maps (such as Norwich, Manor Farm, and others). I was wondering about a Manor Farm conversion at some point. I also tried to get in touch with Freon for a similar reason (and again failed). If anyone has any leads do share, though it's more for sentimental rather than legal reasons.

In case of interest I've got back in the mapping game, in connection with the Ground Branch development where a few Infers ended up (http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?/forum/47-ground-branch/). I'd recommend checking out the state of play, which is much better than the last time it was mentioned here ^

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Got another bout of nostalgia and decided to check in on some of the games I used to play back in the day. Last time I checked in was page 1 of this thread back in 2010.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate everyone who was involved in creating Infiltration (warren, beppo, etc). I was a teenager when I played Infiltration back in the early 2000's, and because you guys were so involved with the community, I felt like I was able to see first hand what you were able to create through 3d modeling, animation, and programming. That inspired me, in part, to major in Computer Science in college. After school I pursued a career in software engineering which has been very rewarding.

Hope that everyone from my old clan Phoenix^Rising and the Infiltration community are doing well.

Last edited:

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
Holyyyy shit. This forum is still kicking. Sitting here watching Games Done Quick 2018 made me super nostalgic -- started thinking about INF. Damn game meant so much to me in like middle school bhahha.

Great to see all these familiar names checking in.

If any of my MUF brothers read this, hit me up on twitter! I'd love to hear from you: @docroodie

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
[Nostalgia mode ON] Man, those nights playing INF till 6 am... I haven't done that ever since, and no game has hooked me like INF did. And the people I got to meet (and kill :DD) [Nostalgia mode OFF]

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
I thought I was watching this thread, but I guess that doesn't involve emailing me or anything. Great to see you guys. Missed the community as much as the game.

Do come take a look at Ground Branch if you can - or just pop into the discord server: https://discord.gg/4FEEf2z . It's going a little crazy because the game launched on Early Access today, but hey. Or grab the Early Access and try it out - dirt cheap compared to most stuff, and has a little Infiltration magic under the hood... and I'm still making maps for it.

And psychomorph, BTH, Zeep and a few others hang out there.

https://www.groundbranch.com/

Advert ends

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Calling all (well, some) Inf mappers... I'm trying to get in touch with a few peeps to get their blessing on a few Inf maps conversions that I'm doing. I don't think I need permission but would prefer to get it regardless. Turning out to be harder than I thought to get hold of people...

Can anyone point me in the direction of:

A. Leon aka Alpha 9
Old Geezer
Michael 'Seeker' Parisien
?

Possibly more to add to the list as I go...

Easiest for me if you could PM me at this forum http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9827-calling-all-ex-infiltration-players/ or via the GB discord thingy, or whatever...

Thanking you in advance.

Fat

Madden

May 16, 2006
I've been playing PUBG with some INFers but it's not very good. I want INF still, what in gods name is wrong with me?!

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
That's sick, Ground Branch looks awesome, definitely going to pick that up.

I don't actually know their names lol, I just brought up Infiltration on the Insurgency Sandstorm subreddit and about 6 guys came out of the woodwork and talked about how much they loved INF.

Also, I should post these here, they're all of Buddy Pickle's old Realtoons cartoons. I wanted to find them again but all his old image links were dead, thankfully Archive.org archived them all back in 2004! I reuploaded them to Imgur:

https://imgur.com/gallery/KdXOnMl