[lolitics]Share how much you love the EPA and win taxpayer money!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
Kiff not everything that is good for the environment is about solving global warming. Changing those things in your home helps the government save money in various ways. Some of it is taking less energy to heat homes, some of it has to do with getting rid of harmful materials in household items and products.

Some even has to do with deterring countries from abusing their population and environment to create these products.

I'm sorry that living in a 1st world country is hard for you. If you don't want the responsibility you can always move. Otherwise realize that everything you see around you takes so much work that the rest of the world has to labour like slaves to produce it. The very least we can do is try to discourage manufacturers from making things that poison the very people who make half the **** we own.

Or you could just keep thinking you have the right to do whatever you want because you are Kiff and what Kiff wants Kiff gets. Hehe that makes you sound like a caveman :D

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I'm sorry that living in a 1st world country is hard for you. If you don't want the responsibility you can always move. Otherwise realize that everything you see around you takes so much work that the rest of the world has to labour like slaves to produce it. The very least we can do is try to discourage manufacturers from making things that poison the very people who make half the **** we own.

Or you could just keep thinking you have the right to do whatever you want because you are Kiff and what Kiff wants Kiff gets. Hehe that makes you sound like a caveman :D
I have no clue about the labor that goes into our lives? Are you kidding? You have no idea of the things I've been through. You have no clue how much I pay in taxes, how many crap jobs I've had in the past and what I've done to get where I am now. Really, you're in no position to judge me on any of those points.

And not that it's any of your business, but I've (literally) dug ditches, worked construction, flipped burgers and washed dishes. I got tired of that crap and put myself through college, worked other jobs and finally reached where I have now. And now you (and unelected bureaucrats) are going to lecture me and tell me that I shouldn't have a problem with being told what I need to do with my house?

Please...

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Kiff not everything that is good for the environment is about solving global warming. Changing those things in your home helps the government save money in various ways. Some of it is taking less energy to heat homes, some of it has to do with getting rid of harmful materials in household items and products.

Are you serious?

Some even has to do with deterring countries from abusing their population and environment to create these products.

Again seriously?

Jesus...seriously? WTF? Some people are brainwashed throughly that is for sure.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I "seriously" don't understand what your post is about Larkin.

You are a ****ing brainwashed moron. Is that clear enough for ya?

You know nothing about what the government buys or deals with to do its "government work" obviously. Or you wouldn't of said the second part. You have no clue the lack of influence our actions have on other countries behavior to their citizens and you have no clue what actually gets through the so called EPA screenings. You sir are clueless. And that is only the second quote. Should I do the first or maybe the third next?

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
You are a ****ing brainwashed moron. Is that clear enough for ya?

You know nothing about what the government buys or deals with to do its "government work" obviously. Or you wouldn't of said the second part. You have no clue the lack of influence our actions have on other countries behavior and you have no clue what actually gets through the so called EPA screenings. You sir are clueless. And that is only the second quote. Should I do the first or maybe the third?

Truly this is a case wherein the pot accuses the kettle of acute chromatism, yet the pot itself possesses an overabundance of carbon deposits.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I really should become a progressive so I can tell people to be responsible for stuff while ignoring my entire platform is actually about not being responsible. It will also be fun to use "for the greater good" as my backup for everything aswell.

ITS ALL TO PROTECT THE PLANET! Yeah, the planet. You're not against the planet, are you?

Those people in so and so country over there are being mistreated. OMFG! You care about others right? You're not heartless, are you? We can totally fix this with money and/or stuff. Ignoring that it never worked. It has however worked after we cut them off. aka Chile. Why is that again? Oh right, human nature. Obviously as a progressive that is for heavy regulation and forcing people to buy stuff I would understand human nature....lol. I couldn't say that with a straight face.

We need to care for each other. You care about others, right? You're not a bastard are you? Maybe you just hate the poor. .

We need to regulate so that evil company over there doesn't do bad stuff. Good business is about fairness and justice. If you don't agree you hate the planet, or the poor, or whatever else other thing they care to mention.

My reasoning for the last one needs some work, but I'm sure it will be fun to ignore common sense for awhile. Hey giving up liberty for some bogus cause is always a good thing. Just have to keep that in mind and I should be good. Got to also remember market based incentives are bad, doesn't work, horrible, but force is good, and totally works. Totally need to remember that. Oh and taxing the rich more when they already pay the majority of the taxes is fine. They obviously don't deserve anything..those ****ing bastards. Obviously having 40% of the people not pay taxes at all and have no stock in the country, but still allowed to vote is fine, totally makes allot of sense, and having 5 percent of the country pay 99% is totally not the point. We need to focus about how its unfair that that very talented person makes a ton of money while that freaking loser over there makes seven dollars a hour. Obviously talent shouldn't effect how much you make and what services LIKE HEALTHCARE people have. OBVIOUSLY losers should get those services with the hard work of fellow citizens.. OBVIOUSLY.

Last edited:

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
I think all of you are missing that fact that things like the EPA do some good, but also bad that. Having issues with them myself at the moment, I can honestly say that some of the regulations are created to try and raise money and probably drive out small manufactures in favor of giant corporations not in the US. They drive out all the US companies, they can make money without actually doing anything...kind alike they do now I guess...

They are bitching because our welding wire contains more than 1% Manganese, well try to reliable find a wire that doesn't and can do what we need. They also want us to install a massively expensive fume control system. Bunch of ****.

PS
All these political threads can be blamed on Epic. They made a UT that was good again, we would have something else to do.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Kiff, regulations are generically required, this all went too far. I'm not going to start by U.S. specifics here, but rather on the lovely and morally superior Europe: :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_in_Somalia
the UN has "reliable information" that European and Asian companies are dumping toxic and nuclear waste off the Somali coastline.[56] However, he stresses that "no government has endorsed this act, and that private companies and individuals acting alone are responsible."[56]
Pirate leader Sugule Ali said their motive was "to stop illegal fishing and dumping in our waters... We don't consider ourselves sea bandits. We consider sea bandits [to be] those who illegally fish and dump in our seas and dump waste in our seas and carry weapons in our seas."
... remote shoreline was used as a dump site for the disposal of toxic waste. The huge waves which battered northern Somalia after the tsunami are believed to have stirred up tonnes of nuclear and toxic waste that was illegally dumped in Somali waters by several European firms. The European Green Party followed up these revelations by presenting before the press and the European Parliament in Strasbourg copies of contracts signed by two European companies—the Italian Swiss firm, Achair Partners, and an Italian waste broker, Progresso—and representatives of the warlords then in power, to accept 10 million tonnes of toxic waste in exchange for $80 million (then about £60 million).
there are far higher than normal cases of respiratory infections, mouth ulcers and bleeding, abdominal haemorrhages and unusual skin infections among many inhabitants of the areas around the northeastern towns of Hobbio and Benadir on the Indian Ocean coast—diseases consistent with radiation sickness.
"Somalia has been used as a dumping ground for hazardous waste starting in the early 1990s, and continuing through the civil war there," and "European companies found it to be very cheap to get rid of the waste, costing as little as $2.50 a tonne, where waste disposal costs in Europe are something like $1000 a tonne."
Now, the 2nd part: how Tennessee has been screwed by coal ash ...
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf5AFyE6cw0[/M]
As if it weren't enough, http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...pany-s-actions-could-strand-toxic-waste-in-TN
Tennessee is on the verge of becoming the world's radioactive waste dumping ground.

In 2007, Utah nuclear waste corporation EnergySolutions announced that it intended to import 20,000 tons of Italian nuclear waste to be processed in Oak Ridge. Recently, EnergySolutions told the General Assembly that some of the Italian waste will be "downblended" in Tennessee. Downblending, also known as blending or dilution, involves mixing more dangerous Class B and C radioactive waste — waste that isn't fit to be touched for 300 to 500 years — into large amounts of less radioactive Class A waste.

By downblending B and C waste, a company can avoid more rigorous disposal requirements. An analysis of downblended waste has demonstrated that the annual radiation dose to an unprotected person would be 465 times greater than the permissible annual dose. That's because downblending doesn't eliminate the B and C "hot spots." It is like mixing a few "red hots" into a big bowl of white jelly beans — the "red hots" remain, well, red-hot.
Others actually say that it will be dumped in Utah: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,500446,00.html

Besides other points, see where I'm getting at? Without regulation that blocks the worst of business practices, wealthy Americans are as vulnerable as Somalian fishermen

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I know it's just meant to be comedy, but that George Carlin bit always annoys the crap out of me. Nobody thinks the planet is going to die if we don't conserve. We think that if we don't conserve, the planet will no longer be habitable for us. Who cares what the planet does after we're gone? I certainly don't. The only thing that matters is us. The only reason the big bang matters is because eventually we came into existence to talk about how much it matters. The only reason astrophysics matters is because we wondered about those twinkly lights in the sky. So why are we concerned about the planet? For ourselves, of course, and anyone that thinks that preserving the human race for as long as possible is stupid is welcome to off themselves.

~Jason

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Others actually say that it will be dumped in Utah: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,500446,00.html
I don't know about your other drivel, but in terms of this, Utah taxpayers and voters have consistently denied EnergySolutions the right to import said foreign nuclear waste. They are fighting with a billion dollar ad campaign to try and reverse people's thinking, however nobody is changing their tune.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
I know it's just meant to be comedy, but that George Carlin bit always annoys the crap out of me. Nobody thinks the planet is going to die if we don't conserve. We think that if we don't conserve, the planet will no longer be habitable for us. Who cares what the planet does after we're gone? I certainly don't. The only thing that matters is us. The only reason the big bang matters is because eventually we came into existence to talk about how much it matters. The only reason astrophysics matters is because we wondered about those twinkly lights in the sky. So why are we concerned about the planet? For ourselves, of course, and anyone that thinks that preserving the human race for as long as possible is stupid is welcome to off themselves.

~Jason

http://www.washingtonpolicy.org/pressroom/pressreleases/4_22_2008.html

Earth Day 2008: Predictions of Environmental Disaster Were Wrong

“By 1985...air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight
reaching the earth by one half” – Life magazine, January 1970

Seattle – Another Earth Day is upon us. This is a good time to look back at predictions made on the original Earth Day about environmental disasters that were about to hit the planet.

Most Earth Day predictions turned out to be stunningly wrong. In 1970, environmentalists said there would soon be a new ice age and massive deaths from air pollution. The New York Times foresaw the extinction of the human race. Widely-quoted biologist Paul Ehrlich predicted worldwide starvation by 1975. Documented examples are below.

On this Earth Day 2008, new predictions will again be made about looming environmental disasters about to strike our planet. If past experience is any guide, most of these predictions are wrong. People concerned about our planet’s future should be wary of statements from activists and other interested groups, so we stay focused on real environmental concerns, and don’t waste time on fearsome predictions that will never happen.

• “...civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind,” biologist George Wald, Harvard University, April 19, 1970.

• By 1995, “...somewhere between 75 and 85 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.” Sen. Gaylord Nelson, quoting Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, Look magazine, April 1970.

• Because of increased dust, cloud cover and water vapor “...the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born,” Newsweek magazine, January 26, 1970.

• The world will be “...eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age,” Kenneth Watt, speaking at Swarthmore University, April 19, 1970.

• “We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation,” biologist Barry Commoner, University of Washington, writing in the journal Environment, April 1970.

• “Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from the intolerable deteriorations and possible extinction,” The New York Times editorial, April 20, 1970.

• “By 1985, air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half...” Life magazine, January 1970.

• “Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make,” Paul Ehrlich, interview in Mademoiselle magazine, April 1970.

• “...air pollution...is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone,” Paul Ehrlich, interview in Mademoiselle magazine, April 1970.

• Ehrlich also predicted that in 1973, 200,000 Americans would die from air pollution, and that by 1980 the life expectancy of Americans would be 42 years.

• “It is already too late to avoid mass starvation,” Earth Day organizer Denis Hayes, The Living Wilderness, Spring 1970.

• “By the year 2000...the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America and Australia, will be in famine,” Peter Gunter, North Texas State University, The Living Wilderness, Spring 1970.

Our purpose on Earth Day 2008 is not simply to point out how often environmental activists have been wrong, but to learn from the mistakes made during past Earth Days. Learning from the past will give us a better understanding of our world and the threats that face it.

By being skeptical about routine portents of doom, we can stay focused on the real threats that face our planet, and on the reasonable and achievable actions we as a society can take to meet them.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
I don't know about your other drivel, but in terms of this, Utah taxpayers and voters have consistently denied EnergySolutions the right to import said foreign nuclear waste. They are fighting with a billion dollar ad campaign to try and reverse people's thinking, however nobody is changing their tune.
Oh, I'm sure. However it's just unbelievable that the idea was even considered, let alone carried on.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Oh, I'm sure. However it's just unbelievable that the idea was even considered, let alone carried on.
You ARE talking about a company that specifically claims to handle nuclear waste. What is more unbelievable is that they could assume that nobody would say anything about it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
In addition to raping and murdering children, FuLLBLeeD pours oil into rivers just for the hell of it.