CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Alright I'll try again, I admit it was TDM and probably hardcore. :p Still though I don't see it being a completely different experience, that won't change the run speeds and weapons cept being a bit harder to kill and die.

There are tactical servers that forbid running and bunnyhopping. Those tend to be more team oriented if you like that sort of thing.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Normal and "hardcore" modes play almost nothing alike. "Hardcore" forces a lot of peek-and-peg tactics on you since a slow, non-armor-piercing round from an MP5 can still kill you when it hits your left butt cheek.

I unlocked the gold AK-47 today. FINALLY. Did almost all the headshot farming on "hardcore" mode since it makes it easier. I mentioned it on the front page of my pseudo-blog. :p

/shameless pimping

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Does anyone here, from BUF, play cod4 together regularly? Via xfire or something? I'd like to get in on some of that. :):tup: I have a hard time finding any servers/communities I like to regular in.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
OH LOFLZ, I found this in the infinity ward forums.

i found out what i was doing wrong.I thought that you had to use the strafe keys to move around corners.I had the idea that the mouse would only control your sight path, and not the direction you would move while holding forward.After i found that out, i think im slowly getting it.Now i just have to relocate my more common keys to the keyboard so i dont have to stretch my fingers to swap weapons and such.Anybody care to share there key placement if they dont run default? Thanks again for the help so far, ill be online in no time

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's CoD4's INA! D:

I can't even picture in my head how he was moving around. :(

I did this the other day. /me > tactical servers. And, yes, I followed the rules. They're actually rather kick-happy when you don't. :p

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
lol Just had an office game with Slainchild ans Jos and 4 others. hahaha
3 on 4 with 7:30 minutes. 45 kills with 6 deaths. M16 with red_dot for the win.

twice with a perfect all enemy team hit airstrike :)

and about 20 headshots :)

Today is a good day! heh :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Downpour, Countdown, Bog, and Chinatown to name a few.

Okay, it might be more a problem with the spawn system than the maps for the most part, but Creek and Downpour definitely have issues.

Vacant, Backlot, and several others all seem to have this pigeonhole issue -- too many pigeons, not enough holes -- whereby an entire team can get trapped in a certain area and then raeped. It's retarded. I usually leave when it starts happening to my team. This has also kept me from playing Bog, Countdown, and Bloc entirely. D:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
This has also kept me from playing Bog, Countdown, and Bloc entirely. D:

Those are my favorite maps. Including Chinatown. I sort of feel like this argument could be made for pretty much any of the maps, but I know what you're talking about though. However, I normally find the problem comes from a team of retards who act like the Team Death Match gametype is really some sort of "Snipe And Protect The Spawn... From The Spawn" gametype. You know, a small group of players that hardly move from the other side of the map, bringing us back there to spawn. Your typical leisure console player as far as I'm concerned. They probably play with controller and all.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Well, tonight I just hit...

cof4millionxpcjx6.jpg

...one million xp. My e-penis is so big right now. No whoring of shipment or setting records with team mates either. :D:tup: Profile goes back to my very first game.

After finding every single gun combination I can possibly love using, and having no achievements to work on, I think I can finally get back to some TF2 addiction.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
No, that's 1 million. The top number stops when you hit rank 55.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
No, that's 1 million. The top number stops when you hit rank 55.

Ya T, why didn't you know that you professionally pro CoD4 player >:0 Anyway I tried using the M16A4 as a purely aim weapon at MML and it worked beautifully. I'm using it more and more ;x

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
TBH, I don't think I ever consciously noticed there was a score on the rank screen until his screenshot forced me to look for it. D:

I recently started trying to get the M4 banned from a hardcore server I frequent because it's too easy to use given its nonexistent recoil. Of course, hardcore mode isn't really balanced at all, but I guess we'll see how it goes. :)