Five-Seven:Poll

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What Do You Think of the 5-7?

• Great Addition

Votes: 56 56.6%
  • Poor Addition

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Unbalanced

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Its ok - Will not change my loadout.

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Five-seveN

The Five-seveN is wicked. One minor issue that is inconsistent with the other two pistols, is on the last shot the pistol is locked in 'aim mode'; whereas with the other two handguns they transit to 'hip mode' on the last shot.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
I like it but I find it hard to aim. I just can pinpoint where my bullet is going to land. With the m9 I can get a headshot from 100m but with the 57 I have trouble hidding somebody from like 20 feet. I just need practice though and when I do hit them it rules.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I really haven't used it enough to say, but I still prefer the M9. The 5-7 is a nice pistol, and the larger capacity mag is useful, but something with it just doesn't want me to love it like I love my Beretta.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
I use the Fiveseevn in half of my loadouts and the M9 in the other half. I only use the FiveseveN with my FN P90 loadout and sniping loadout. I think its great for snipers because the large magazine capacity helps a lot.

Fred DM

Sep 15, 2000
Good work!

i think the Five-Seven is a great addition. but i'm not sure if i will change my loadouts, i don't play online THAT often. but once the Mark 23 is included, i WILL change my loadouts. i just love that weapon. :D

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
My guess is the 5/7 isn't as sexy as the M9, thats why you don't love it as much.

FN makes weird but really effective weapons!

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Well, I did a bit of testing at the Shooting Range, to compare my beloved Beretta M9 to the FN Five-seveN.

At both the 50m and 100m distances, I was able to constantly fire tighter grouping with the 5-7 than with the M9.

I hate to say it, but this testing, and similar bulk values and RoF on both weapons is leaning me toward the 5-7 as my standard sidearm.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I still think the 9mm should hit harder then the 5.7mm on an unarmored person, but having a 20round magazine and a slightly more accurate gun (read:headshot machine :) ) I too think the 5.7 is going to be my sidearm until the SOCOM.

Ballistik

May 27, 2001
Montreal
Visit site
Great gun but..

I guess the damage factor is pretty close to the eagle and the added bobus of 20 rounds instead of 8 but it won't replace the eagle in my arsenal.

Maybe its the size, the sound or whatever but that gun's always been my favorite and when i run out of ammo with my main weapon right in front of an opponent and need a fast backup weapon, i know i can count on it to get the job done in as few hits as possible.

KOFFEYKID

Suck It!! Suck It!!
Jul 15, 2000
its ok

i think it a great weapon but...........it just doesn't shine for me. I mean good rof nice sounds poor dammage heavy ammo. Very balanced.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
The DE will take someone down with 2 body hits, I think it takes 3 for the M9 and 5-7. I'm sticking with the M9 generally as a sidearm, but I'm packing the 5-7 for loadouts where I'll need the pistol for more than a sidearm. My M3 and Robar loadouts now have a FiveseveN in them for example :D

Ballistik

May 27, 2001
Montreal
Visit site
This one has the sound and "powah" ;)

This one would make a nice addition as well. ;)

And if properly used.......... it can remove the fingerprints.

PS: I like it even more than the DE but i don't think we'll ever see it in INF.

Ballistik

May 27, 2001
Montreal
Visit site
For those who don't know the model.

Oooops forgot..

That gun is the famous .475 Wildey Magnum used in Charles Bronson movies and one or 2 Clint Eastwood.

Its the most powerful handgun in the world at present time.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
.475 Wildey ? Don't know this round...

I'm sure it will kick your arm to your face and make you an hero if you can fire in "mozambique" style with it ! ;)