Getting bots to shoot triggers??

• Thread starter :8: Captain Gillette
  • Start date
  • Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

:8: Captain Gillette

I need to know how to make the bots shoot a trigger. They need to stand on a mover and shoot at a wall panel to make it move. Right now they just run around in the room, which is a major problem... the entire Red Team, including flag carrier, has been known to jump down into this room and never come back up! What do I do to make them recognize this target?

In the same vein, I have an elevator that must rise to keyframe 2 before the bots can get in. They have a nasty habit of triggering it, jumping on when it comes up, and then leaping back off of it again to the liftexit they just came in at! Why?

If anyone wants to check out my pathnoding and give me some suggestions I'd really appreciate it... you can get the map at http://www.pcrecruiter.com/abr/CTF-Paranoimia(Beta).ZIP

Peace!
Cap'n

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I think I answered this before.... anyways..

Odds are bots aren't meant to understand shootable Triggers unless it's a FortStandard. Maybe try using TeamTrigger that's shootable.

Will a 'FortStandard' work in CTF mode?

I originally tried making the trigger a pushable one, but the bots would just push the trigger and not go to the mover, or they'd wait at the mover until they got killed because it wasn't going anywhere without being triggered!

:p
Cap'n

raydioactive

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
The bots dont seem to have any problem shooting the moving panel in DM-curse][ to get the damage amplifier, so maybe you could open that map up in the editor to see if it gives you any clues.

I looked at Curse, and the mover is set as "TriggerOpenTimed", but has no trigger associated with it. I haven't the slightest idea how that works.

Anyway, I've set up the system differently, and I think I can get it to work without shooting. The only issue left now is why my bots keep jumping off the elevators half way up...

Cap'n

Correction...

If I make it a proximity trigger (teamTriggers didn't work... the bots wouldn't shoot them either) the bots ride the elevator up but they don't get off at the top, despite two properly tagged liftexits right in front of them.

And I'm still having issues with the bots leaping off of elevators after they get on them, trying to get out at the entrypoint they just got in at.

Frankly I'm about ready to release this map with useless bots and call it done with.