Is everybody becoming a Shock Combo Whore?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
Is it just me, or is anybody else seeing a whole lot more shock combos on the servers lately. I used to be able to rush people a lot more. Now it seems I'm having to fight my way through a wall of shock combos.

Aug 7, 2000
No,because they kill me every time,I hate shock rifles anyway......(not the enhanced version,that's my favourite weapon).

When I try to make a combo,people easily evade it,but evading their combos is nigh impossible if a whole group is combo-ing

-Revenant

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
The longer a game is out the better the competition is going to get. In the beginning a lot of people had no idea how to use the combo at all. Now they've realized that it's possibly the most effective attack in the game.

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Fire the secondry fire with the shock rifle (the flying ball thingy).
Now without moving the mouse, shoot the ball thingy with the primary fire of the shock rifle (the ring thingy).

Hey presto, big muthfecking explosion.

PMB
(who is very proud of his technical terms)

ShockSlave

Aug 2, 2000
www.mrbella.com
Thanks!
I was told about that a few days ago and I started doing it but I had no idea what it was called.. it kicks mega-booty though when ya do it .. RIGHT ;)
It took me a few tries to do it right (I was just being slooow that day) but once I did.. it was awesome!

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
Hehehe. I have turned into a major Shock Ho recently. (just ask Lady Ruiner.. I think she said she hates me :p) I didn't use to use it much until I played with DragonAsh and Ruffrider... That really enlightened me!

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Used in the right spot, it's damn effective. Especially when you know the enema MUST come through a certain point.

Personally, I'm becoming a sniper rifle whore. I'm getting pretty good at shooting from the hip, and I find it's a good counter to the shock as the enema is sitting still for a period of time. Even if you don't get the headshot, a sniper bullet in the chest knocks them back, making them adjust their aim and harder to pull off the combo.

Ixari

Skilled
Aug 9, 2000
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
Shock rules....it's just you have get know it well
If you use it you self --> NP
If it's used against you --> SUCKS

I hate people who use it against me
But the shock ruled if i use it against other.....You can make nice multi kills withit

Krypton|BuF

Still g00 gun lovin' !
Sep 7, 1999
Switzerland
www.unrealtournament.ch
Yes Morety. My words. I start to use the sniper rifle more often, shooting without zooming in. Most "Combo Whore Newbies" can't do a Combo while running or strafing. They have to stand still. And that's the moment to giv'em their headshot, or kick them off the catwalks with your ASMD primary fire...

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
"Combo Whore Newbies"?

MOST people can't do a moving Combo.. even some of the best players. I think Jihad (from SYN) can pull them off, but I don't know many others. So just because someone can't jump around like a jackrabbit and combo everyone while moving, they are newbies eh?

Harm|PuF

Legion of Lions for Life!
Jan 14, 2000
Columbus, OH
www.legionoflions.com
I have now found the Shock Combo to not be my most favorite weapon. The Insta Rocket, Rocket Launcher takes the cake for me. The shock combo still has a high usage on certain levels (Tempest to name one) but on others such as Deck16 and Liandri the RL does more for me.

~NitroFish*

Jun 26, 2000
Tucson, AZ ,USA
Visit site
Some players use key binds to make the shock combo easier. I tried setting a key bind to alt fire when pressed and primary fire when released. Worked great for a while. Now the bind only alt fires.

I don't use the shock combo as much as I should. I just don't like sitting still when try to do a combo. I really need to practice with it more. I mainly use it to frag players who are hiding around corners, boxes or are camping.

Krypton|BuF

Still g00 gun lovin' !
Sep 7, 1999
Switzerland
www.unrealtournament.ch
"Shock Combo Newbies"

Sorry, I didn't want to flame anybody.
I was thinking of the players that really STAND STILL while comboing. Not even walk straith foreward or backward.
I suck at comboing, but I can do it while running straith ahead or back, and I can do it while jumping in Morpheus.

Sorry again.