I can teletrain.......OH YEAH BABY!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
I read a post earlier that some guy wrote about telefragging. He wanted to know what it was. Somewhere in that post someone mentioned that they had seen a guy do something he called a "teletrain".(I think Boom said he saw it) Anyway, a "teletrain" is like a trans-run, but you do it so fast that you don't even need to run. And if you get your timing right you just look like a blur! Anything you run into get's telefragged. It's so funny to see people's responses to it. Of course to stop you all they have to do is shoot you. But in a small corridor that's not as easy as it sounds. And if you get the timing right you can move fairly quickly.
I invite you to try it out, worked great for me!

------------------
You like that?

LonlyWarrior|BuF

The Resurection
Apr 25, 2000
Uk..still
Visit site
Lonly...takes a long toke on his nice 'cigar'...watches curiously as the 'blur' moves down the passage in his general direction....hmmmm.....testing
Lonly..raises Mr AK47 and fills the offending corridor with hot lead......hmmmmm.....funny...that blur seems to have turned into a corpse.....
Lonly returns to campomatic 'cigar' mode...hehe :)

bullet2.gif

To be unable to take one's own enemies, accidents, and
misdeeds seriously for long -- that is the sign of strong and rich
natures. Such a man simply shakes off with one shrug much vermin
that would have buried itself deep into others; here alone is it also
possible -- assuming it is possible at all on earth -- that there be
real "love of one's enemies."

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
haha Lonely. You'd be surprise how many people I killed that were thinking the same way. Ask anyone that's played me, I don't normally do weird stuff like that, or even buy into it for that matter, but this one works. Mainly cause if someone IS gonna shoot at you you can pause the "train" and throw the translocator directly at them, and if you don't kill them with that shot then just start the "train" again and they're through.
I haven't prefected it yet, and it's not a strategy to be used all the time, by any means, but it works, and shouldn't be overlooked that's all. :)

bullet2.gif

You like that?

LonlyWarrior|BuF

The Resurection
Apr 25, 2000
Uk..still
Visit site
Hehe....i wasn't putting the tactic down at all, i just prefer live-fir exersises myself hehe......Mr Ak47 has such a nice rumbling voice ;lol :)

bullet2.gif

LonlyWarrior|BuF

The Resurection
Apr 25, 2000
Uk..still
Visit site
Grrrr my typing SUCKS...hehe

bullet2.gif

F

[F-U]Ruffrider

ALL ya gotta do is get a shock combo right to the translocater and you'll get yourself a telefrag by busting the translocater before he uses it.

bullet2.gif

AKA [Ci]Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

[This message has been edited by [F-U]Ruffrider (edited 05-02-2000).]

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Sigh, I guess I should have made my point clear. I didn't say it makes you INVINCABLE, I just said it's a new tactic. Occasionally it works and it's funny. That's all.

bullet2.gif

You like that?

A

Alarion-={FU}=-

LOL.. I did that today with some of my clansmen... they were like.. What the hell are you doing Al? I just said "teletrain" and kept on going... we were playing low grav, so it was pretty easy to avoid, but the first time i did it, i nailed one guy just standing there watching me.. it was hilarious... he was like "wtf?!?!?!?!?!" ..

anyhow.. I recorded a demo of me doing it, and was wondering if there is someway to watch demos from another viewpoint (like maybe in spectator mode, or from another player)... i have done the behindview 1, but F5 doesn't work in demos... any ideas...

Ohh yeah, and trying to assign the teletrain to an alias just doesnt seem to work to well.. :(

bullet2.gif

-=Alarion{FU}=-
{FU} Clan - We are family :)
http://welcome.to/fuclan

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Wow, I've been quoted. Lol at Ruff's sig.

Yeah, Kokensu, that is exactly what I was talking about. The teletrain is hysterical. And it while it doesn't make you invinsible, it certainly doesn't make you easier to hit. I think its a tactic worth working into the rotation.

Umm Ruff, can you blow up the telethingy with any weapon, or does it take a shock combo? And does the guy die as soon as you blow it up, or only if he actually tries to teleport to it?

ROFLMAO thinking about you guys teletraining around while all your clansmates are scratching their heads and wondering what you're smoking.

bullet2.gif

Boom
"Boom!"
In the words of Ruffrider... "My House!"

A

Alarion-={FU}=-

yeah, you can blow it up with the shock, rockets, grenades (I would imagine), flak shell(alternate fire), and you can always telepunt it into some lava :)

and no, they only die if they attempt to teleport with it... if you blew my x-loc up and i realized it, I could hit my primary fire to "cancel" it (just like normal), then throw it again...

Ohh yeah, I watched the demo (finally figured it out ?3rdperson doh!!!) and was lmao .. it looks pretty cool though :)

bullet2.gif

-=Alarion{FU}=-

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Actually Alarion, you're wrong to a point there. If I you do too much damage to a transloctor(i.e. a direct combo hit or a rocket cluster hit) when you try to pick up your translocator with your primary fire, you will still die. I know this is true, I've done it way too often and Rooster verified it for me. I think its a bug but they never bothered taking it out of the game.
Kinda dumb if you ask me. Oh well.

bullet2.gif

You like that?

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Just tried it. Works awesome on LAN. Pain in the *** on 'net. But Shock Combos (and Flak) can "derail" you quite quickly...... :)

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"
PuF: Bring on the pain!

Our hearts go out to Prophetus. God bless you, we wish you the best.

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
...another way for the elite, minority, LPB's to oppress the poor, hard working HPB's of the world. we demand that you desist immediately, or face the consequences.

G

GunnerX

Oy, got smoked yesterday by the tSc clan and they teletrained like rabbits in heat!! Sometimes 3 of them would do that on the way to the get the flag and they do it so fast that it only looked like 1 person was coming.

So, unfortunately, the translocator has become a primary weapon in CTF as people get used to using it. What's funny is watching people who are used to using the trans a lot in a server which turns off the translocator. :)

To be able to play against the top clans, you MUST master the translocator.

bullet2.gif

imu2.gif
[MUTTS]GunnerX

"Go! Leafs! Go!"

S

[Switch]

Getting used to the translocator can be dangerous when you end up on a server without it. You just stand there smacking with impact hammer and wonder why you can't get anywhere ;)

Seriously though a lot of maps are made with the translocator in mind. Take a look at November for example. On the blue side of the base it's really hard to reach the big keg'o'health without the translocator. I'm sure you can do it with a IH-jump, but that hurts. And the flak and shield on blue side are also placed in a way that makes them more easy to reach with the translocator. Sure you can jump from the stairs, but it takes too much time and you end up loosing your flag. :( On red side you can reach all that stuff easily without any help, sure the translocator will speed you up, but not as much as on the blue side.

I'm sure there are a lot of other maps with the same problems... Niven might have that problem with reaching the RL from one side.

/Switch

A

Alarion-={FU}=-

Ack! Kokensu, thanks for that heads up! I wasn't aware of that...whew...I will definately keep that in mind...!!

:p

bullet2.gif

-=Alarion{FU}=-

NextoneX

Jan 4, 2000
members.xoom.com
another way to derail the teletrain is with the impact hammer, just charge it up and point it at the incoming train, when he throws the trans at you, the impact hammer will telepunt it and damage it in the process, I've done this mabe once. but it might be a better defense for someone with more skills.

bullet2.gif

I'm gonna lose my job over this fu<king game.
#Omega

The_Ruiner

Masterful
Iv'e found underwater telefrags are especially cool. The other day in Nov. There must have been 16 people in the game. So I'm chasing down the enemy FC and he heads for the water to avoid the swarm of bullets, flak, on the surface. I go in after her. Problem is I used all my ammo except for rockets trying to get to him in one piece. I hit the water and practicly land on him. I'm thinking, if I hit this guy with a rocket point blank, we both buy it. So, I flick the beacon and it glides though the water and ZAP!! <[Ci]Ruiner returns the Blue flag>. You could almost see the whites of his eyes as the xloc gently landed in his lap.. BWWAAHHAAHH!!! Ok, that was a little glorified. It really looked cool though.. - R

bullet2.gif

"Set the controls for the heart of the Sun." -R Waters

Fizzy

Bubbling
May 3, 2000
Visit site
The only way to safely pick up a damaged teledisk (besides dying and acquiring a new one as a result) is to walk/run over it. Anytime you walk/rub over your disk you will pick it up and it will be restored to new.

~Fizzy