Beta patch 3353

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T@F

Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
Beta Patch 3353

General Gameplay:
- Fixed stuttering/snagging/sinking into static meshes in some places on clients in net games
- Improved getting out of water
- Fixed FaceClassic teleporter exploit
- The Cicada hud indicators should now show up in all game modes.
- Fixed SPMA causing damage at world origin.

Networking:
- Server performance improvements
- Cheating detection improvements, with shorter time for master server band detection
- Integration of UTAN bans with UT2004 master server. Admins can opt out by adding bIgnoreUTANBans=true to [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
- Fixed potential garbage collection crash when changing levels during network games
- Improved caching of server data for when you can't connect to the master server.
- UTV updated (netspeed fix).
- Better Client->Server->MS Error Messages

Engine:
- Improved level loading speed, especially on network clients
- Fixed calling SetBase(NULL) on all attached actors when an actor is destroyed

Editor:
- Fix for importing static meshes

Menus:
- Model select page now properly selects the current char when you open it.
- Updated Korean localization.

looking good:D

T@F

Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
Never mind..

Was only given heads up..

Did not know it was posted in another section.(btw that i dont goto:( )

Last edited:

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Faster loading times! woohoo. Probably only 1 second. If anyone gets ahold of that 1337skeelz patch that keeps you from sucking at the game let me know too :lol:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I think I heard somewhere that the fix for the problem "Player skills are repesented lower than expected" won't be incorporated into the patches until at least Version 3771. :(

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Before I was getting outrageous AS load times... I would miss the entire practice round as well as the majority of the first objective depending on the map/team i was on. I defraged my HDD the other day and that seemed to help a whole lot. Now I make it in about half way though the practice rounds, or about 45 to 60 seconds faster. This is all on fragBu, but if you havn't defraged your HDD in a while I would try that. I wonder if it acutally recognizes what I use most and puts it further in on the disk to make it faster. Does anyone know if windows is that smart? (yes, windows and smart were both in the same sentence there)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
ThirtySixBelow said:
I wonder if it acutally recognizes what I use most and puts it further in on the disk to make it faster. Does anyone know if windows is that smart?
If you used Norton, it would do that.