Beta patch 3353

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
NegativeTrend said:
**** you T2A
Why, Neg? Why?! :stick:

HyrulianButtcheek said:
I think I heard somewhere that the fix for the problem "Player skills are repesented lower than expected" won't be incorporated into the patches until at least Version 3771.
:lol: 3771

You can probably buy Raffi's custom, undetectable-by-Anti-TCC aimbot by generous amounts of sexual favors and cooking him lots of sausage.

T@F

Jan 25, 2003
Visit site
Well the loading times dont seem to have changed for me???

Anyway it does seem to play better,with this beta patch imho:D

So overall it`s all good:D

[edit]Beta Patch 3354 Changelist

Here are the changes from 3353 to 3354:

- Fixed another cause of sticky meshes in netplay.
- Fixed not being able to exit raptor when it's on the ground.
- Minor text fixes
- VCTF now appears in server browser, even if you don't already have any VCTF maps installed.
- Added code to sync the Stream (MP3) volume with normal music volume.
- Added bIgnoreUTAN to web admin
- Fixed (for assault) the energy core always showing on the HUD even if it not the current objective (thanks AngelMapper)
- Added code to insure StopDemo is executed before a map change or game exit
- Remove 8x from the demo playback menu. The engine has problems with that speed.
- Fixed bug in Demo Playback menu that caused the Play/Pause button to be out of sync
- Added Demo playback jog keys to the console.
- Left Cursor slows down playback (1/4x -> 1/2x)
- Right cursor speeds ups playback (2x -> 4x)
- Up/Down cursor resets to 1x
- Disable by settings bDemoJogKeys=false in [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
- Remove 8x from the demo playback menu. The engine has problems with that speed.
- Fixed bug in Demo Playback menu that caused the Play/Pause button to be out of sync
- Added Demo playback jog keys to the console.
- Left Cursor slows down playback (1/4x -> 1/2x)
- Right cursor speeds ups playback (2x -> 4x)
- Up/Down cursor resets to 1x
- Disable by settings bDemoJogKeys=false in [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]
I was waiting for them to fix the issues with the Play/Pause button, and it looks like it's finally here. \o/

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Still no sign of a "In online matches, you now spawn with a shieldgun in hand if you have it set to a higher priority than the assault rifle" :shake:

Oh, well...The faceclassic glitch is solved, which is the only real concern for me
W0RF said:
... erm... w00t? :con:
Yes...W00t indeed \o/
In just about any VCTF thread there is, there is always someone asking "where can I download this mod?" This simple setting will certainly make the official gametype better known.
Now all that's needed is a VCTF appearance in the Community-Ownage maps department for the most ignorant gamers among us.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Wonder what kind of new cheat detection he's talkin' about... like, can he close the serverinfo hole without breaking compatibility?

Taleweaver said:
Still no sign of a "In online matches, you now spawn with a shieldgun in hand if you have it set to a higher priority than the assault rifle" :shake:

Seriously... yeah, they need desperately to fix this. It is so hard to break the 6 year habbit of spawning, and holding down prime fire. From the dispersion pistol, to the Impact hammer, and now the AR7... even when I want to pull shield, I just spawn with a gren charged. It's so hard to break that habbit. Especially when I switched fires on it to accomodate it, before I realized how much more effective the shield can be at keeping you alive to get to a better weapon.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Angel_Mapper said:
That'd be an easy fix. Just add this to PostBeginPlay() in xPawn:

if(class'XWeapons.ShieldGun'.default.Priority > class'XWeapons.AssaultRifle'.default.Priority)
{
RequiredEquipment[0]="XWeapons.ShieldGun";
RequiredEquipment[1]="XWeapons.AssaultRifle";
}

I'm no coder, but that fix seems a little incomplete... It would fix it for that specific weapon combination, but a cleaner fix I think would simply code it to spawn with the best weapon, by priority, you have on you.

IE: If you play CTF and DM, and want the loc above the SG in CTF (hence spawning loc in hand), but there isn't usually a loc in DM, then you would need to address that as well, and by that method, seemingly seperately. Then there is also gametypes that start you with all weapons, and spawning with the ASMD in hand may be of use (at least in my case).

As well, simply adding every "if" combination of weapons for that, would seem a little tedious, and unnecessary... and I say seem, because I can't offer an alternative on how to accomplish it other wise :eek:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
-AEnubis- said:
I'm no coder, but that fix seems a little incomplete... It would fix it for that specific weapon combination, but a cleaner fix I think would simply code it to spawn with the best weapon, by priority, you have on you.

IE: If you play CTF and DM, and want the loc above the SG in CTF (hence spawning loc in hand), but there isn't usually a loc in DM, then you would need to address that as well, and by that method, seemingly seperately. Then there is also gametypes that start you with all weapons, and spawning with the ASMD in hand may be of use (at least in my case).

As well, simply adding every "if" combination of weapons for that, would seem a little tedious, and unnecessary... and I say seem, because I can't offer an alternative on how to accomplish it other wise :eek:
Yeah, I realized that after I had posted it and edited it. :)

mildew

Feb 13, 2005
can some kind person please provide a link to the 3353 or 3354 patches?

thx in adv

mildew

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Oops...forgot to check the second page of this thread :eek:

I know the 'spawn with AR' thingy won't require heavy coding...maybe that's why it annoys me so much.
Oh, well...It's not like it's a bad game all of the sudden ;)

@Mildew: sorry, but I can't help ya out here. Thanks for bumping the thread though. And welcome to BU :)