[PC] Half-Life 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:( I decided I won't get it for a while. Because my video card is dead for one thing, and I need to get it RMA'd (yeah two weeks since I was supposed to do that, but have to FAX them the form...) Also, I'm pretty much failing in school and I don't need any distractions.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
First impressions are dazzling. The hype train was fully loaded, and they delivered as expected.

I've hit a snag with a puzzle (a room with mancutters or whatev and many explosive barrels). Dunno what to do thurr.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
So how about the nVidia optimizations? HL2 is one of the contributing factors between me chosing a GeForce6800 over a Radeon x800. I'd like to see nVidia's side of things since ATI didn't seem to have any problems durring the beta. If at all possible just fps (any hitches) w/ normal settings and perhap w/ max detail also :)

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
im playing with the default settings. checked and everything is just about on high. I have a 9800pro w/256. This game is running really nice... graphics are awesome and blah blah blah. im too tired but go ahead and give it a try.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Damn you all, take heaps of screenies pls. What are my chances of runnign HL2 decently with a gf4mx440? p4 1.7ghz? Just my luck, whenever I upgrade the next gen stuff is just around the corner >.>

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
The Dopefish said:
Firsties!
What ? You've got 'friends' ? ;)
// --
It looks like the official forums are flooded already :
The forums couldn't handle the excitement and are taking a little breather.

Last edited:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
I have to agree, HL2 is definately the next development of FPS gaming.

Graphics and physics and all that aside (we all knew it was good), I'm very impressed on how well they managed to convey, well, what Gordon's going through via a combination of scripted sequences and ai. For example, near the beginning you're outrunning troops and a dude pops out of a door and goes "quick, through here!" After running through the door he closes it behind you, complete with gaurds pounding on the door. The thing is, the dude closing the door is scripted, but the gaurds beating the **** out of you if you didn't run your ass off isn't.

Stuff like that keeps on happening, and so far it's a very effective and therefor impressive.

Oh yeah, whoever's reading this, prepare for spoilerous majoralous.

But to prove that I'm capable of fair and balanced critism, so far the story's pretty fanboy-ish. They keep on tossing in stuff that makes you go "woah, that's cool", complete with Big Brother and all your old HL favorites returning. While I chuckled a quite a lot through a couple dialogue lines, I hope the energy keeps up; stories like this tend to dry up quickly when the sheen vaporizes.

Edited for accuracy. And to save my credibility.

Last edited: