Zund (And anyone else who shoots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
How's this for 7 yards with a Glock 19? I'm pulling the gun to the left when I pull the trigger and I'm trying to stop. I did better tonight.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

not too bad man!

looks like my target with my sig 239 except a lot less hole (I put 4 mags into my target. 26 hits to 28 shots overall) and I didn't have a head area (official NRA target, they don't like you to shoot at the head as you can miss to easily) Seven yards as well.

Next instead of just making a gaping hole in his chest go for the triangle of hitting each nipple and then right under the sternum. It'll be a whole lot more affective and its a lot more difficult when you are shooting with a time limit.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Not bad at all man =) If you're trying to break bad habits, especially problems with your follow through, more dry fire time would probably be of help (and yes I need to follow my own advice hehe, I haven't done any dry fire in over a week). You may want to try the pencil trick from the U.S. Army Pistol Marksmanship field manual - clear the gun, stick a pencil in the barrel with the eraser back against the firing pin block. Then fire at a piece of paper a few inches away - the firing pin will push the pencil out to the paper and make a mark... if your marks are erratic, this can show you if you are flinching or have an inconsistent grip, trigger pull, etc.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by Puncher
At what range are you shooting?

7 yards away.

Not quite the masta yet LifesBane. :)

Thanks Darkliege & shadowkil. I'm still battling anticipation of recoil some. I do practice dry firing a lot. My other problem is losing my aim once I start pulling the trigger. I've been told that adjusting my trigger finger can help.

The boys over at TFL just posted this for me:

correction_chart.gif

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I was going to post that target from sportshooter ... looks like they beat me to it :)

Here's the pic I took of my first target.

The low shot and the right shot are the first two ... after that I kinda pulled it together (funny thing is, that was my best target all day :p )

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
I shot my first mag at the chest and my first 3-4 shots were touching. I then tried to pick up the tempo and some shots got wild. This was my first target of the night. I shot another target after this one and I focused on shooting quickly and hitting the chest area.

After that, I sent some targets down about 25 yards and just tried to hit the green middle area. I bought some of those decals that leave a bright green spot when they get hit, and stuck those on my targets when I sent them all the way down range. I hit the green area with 6 out of 10 rounds on my last mag.

I found that I shoot better with both eyes open (rather than closing one eye, not both :D ) while focusing on my target rather than the sights. Shooting is all mental focus. My hands will do what I want if I can just get my brain to tell them to. I imagine shooting is similar to playing golf. :p