1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yurch's moving acceleration

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by gal-z, Jun 21, 2003.

1. gal-z

gal-z New Member

I find the acceleration too low at slow speeds. IRL, when u start jogging or even sprinting from standing, ur acceleration will be pretty big at first, and the more speed u gain, the less u accelerate. Right now it's impractical to sidestep for cover since the acceleration is slow even when u just want to move 2-3 steps, which IMO shouldn't be that way.
    Anyway it seems to work well once u got some speed, as then the acceleration SHOULD be that low.

2. McMuffin

McMuffin The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator

I think that's the idea. If you get caught in the open, you're in deep sh¡t.

3. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

You shouldn't be trying to strafe into cover quickly. Strafing should never be something to do when you want to get from A to B quickly. If people start shooting at you:
    Shoot back
    prone
    or Sprint your ass FORWARD to cover.

4. LIGHTFIGHTER

LIGHTFIGHTER 11B3H AFA MEMBER

Strafe for cover = the river dance

5. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

It may feel wierd from first person but watch someone else do it. It looks quite natural.

6. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

Try not to get caught in open but if you do kneel or prone and return file. Amazin how many people shoot over your head with this simple manouver. Oh yeah you may want to scream for covering fire.

7. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

IRL if i get shoot from the front and the bullets miss me, i would Run forward and Strafe at the same time , and jump to the cover.
    (if im close enough to cover)

so the whole idea of strafing quickly is good

8. gal-z

gal-z New Member

I didn't mean strafing like 10 meters... I was talking about taking a step or 2 to the side, which right now seems to take WAY too long (considering it's only 1-2 steps). You can LEAN out faster than moving 1-2 steps...