Yurch's moving acceleration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
I find the acceleration too low at slow speeds. IRL, when u start jogging or even sprinting from standing, ur acceleration will be pretty big at first, and the more speed u gain, the less u accelerate. Right now it's impractical to sidestep for cover since the acceleration is slow even when u just want to move 2-3 steps, which IMO shouldn't be that way.
Anyway it seems to work well once u got some speed, as then the acceleration SHOULD be that low.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
You shouldn't be trying to strafe into cover quickly. Strafing should never be something to do when you want to get from A to B quickly. If people start shooting at you:
Shoot back
prone
or Sprint your ass FORWARD to cover.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
gal-z said:
I find the acceleration too low at slow speeds. IRL, when u start jogging or even sprinting from standing, ur acceleration will be pretty big at first, and the more speed u gain, the less u accelerate. Right now it's impractical to sidestep for cover since the acceleration is slow even when u just want to move 2-3 steps, which IMO shouldn't be that way.
Anyway it seems to work well once u got some speed, as then the acceleration SHOULD be that low.
It may feel wierd from first person but watch someone else do it. It looks quite natural.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Try not to get caught in open but if you do kneel or prone and return file. Amazin how many people shoot over your head with this simple manouver. Oh yeah you may want to scream for covering fire.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
IRL if i get shoot from the front and the bullets miss me, i would Run forward and Strafe at the same time , and jump to the cover.
(if im close enough to cover)

so the whole idea of strafing quickly is good

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
I didn't mean strafing like 10 meters... I was talking about taking a step or 2 to the side, which right now seems to take WAY too long (considering it's only 1-2 steps). You can LEAN out faster than moving 1-2 steps...