Yurch, about those nades...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Nades on RAv2 are WAAAAAAY too beefed. On Dock Side Mellinium I was 2 stories above a nade and about 30 or so meters away and it STILL killed me! I would post some pictures of them I took but I can't seem to find them (I used the print screen key). Another thing is their bounce. They can turn around 2 corners and kill all in their path, making maps such as Siberia and Kazakhstan more difficult and frustrating. If you could just tone them down a little I'd be very happy.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
heres some info
m67
Capabilities -- can be thrown 40 meters by average soldier. The effective casualty-producing radius is 15 meters. ALTHOUGH THE KILLING RADIUS IS 5 METERS AND THE CASUALTY PRODUCING RADIUS OF THIS GRENADE IS 15 METERS, FRAGMENTS CAN DISPERSE AS FAR AWAY AS 230 METERS.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
I feel that if the flak didn't bounce they would be perfect. The 'shrapnel headshots' that Yurch implemented are nice and realistic, but the thing is it makes it extremely dangerous to use grenades for room clearing, for fear of taking out yourself and your squad from 2 or more rooms away. Not to mention how ugly the UT flak looks...

:tdown: down with bouncing.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
Ive found it puts a dampner on the "frag your way down the hall" tactic. you gotta learn to stand back from your frag and use with caution.
I gotta say, its nice to drop them in a room and see schrapnel blow outall the windows ;)

irl, a casualty is someone left alive but incapable of fighting.
in inf, a casualty is a dead man.
if you cant hold a gun or run, your out the game/dead as far as I care.

[edit: I just wanted to give a biggups to the guy playing on dockside, who dropped a frag in a room with a psg sniper then locked the door behind him just befor it whent off. EVIL!! :D ]

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Heh, the fun thing is that I DID tone them down...
I will look at them again. Trying to get them how I want them... they are always too deadly or completely harmless.

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
I can probably live with the distance but NOT with the bouncing. Can you also get rid of the "step kill"? That's when the flak stops and it's on the ground and you step on it and die.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Originally posted by Genocide3K
I can probably live with the distance but NOT with the bouncing. Can you also get rid of the "step kill"? That's when the flak stops and it's on the ground and you step on it and die.

Definately. If there's a way to make a clause that says, "If not moving, does 0 damage" into the nades?

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
my only problem is with the latent (bouncy) fragments.
sometimes a notably long while after the nade detonated, one bright spark will come back for the headshot.

I like it when (in a tight space) the nades schrapnel floods the area, even if its on a corner.
not sure how real that is, but its handy during bot hunts :D

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by Genocide3K
Wrong!
Shrapnel requires a minimum speed to wound already. That shrapnel on the ground will not hurt you.
(Speaking of which, what version are you using? :con: I made stuff on the ground dissapear way faster. No sense in complaining about somethin' thats already been fixed 3 times over :p)

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
I wonder how likely it is in RL that a single sharpnel hitting you in the head hurt you so much that you go down? I mean the cranium should protect you a bit... I think one in the neck must be more damaging and likely to kill...

Edit : Why not disable the "headshot" capability of the sharpnel once it has bounced? I think it would reduce the casulaties without making the sharpnels useless...

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
hmm i dont see the current nades as a problem... i think everyone is just a WAY to used to standing right in the open and throwing them all over hell....
the bouncing thing was pretty much fixed.. there perfect now i think

you gott TAKE cover dude! and make sure you yell fall back to your team

Grunt11Bravo

[AFA6]
Dec 20, 2001
US-Michigan
I wonder how likely it is in RL that a single sharpnel hitting you in the head hurt you so much that you go down? I mean the cranium should protect you a bit... I think one in the neck must be more damaging and likely to kill...

Why is it that someone that shoots themselves in the head, somehow lives? Anything's possible IRL (tm).

'The Golden BB' does happen. ;)

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
Originally posted by bastardb
you gott TAKE cover dude! and make sure you yell fall back to your team

Yes but when you take cover 1/2 the time the shrapnel bounces around 2 or 3 corners and kills you anyway :eek: