Your style

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Kantham said:
maybe somme snowy maps ..
Maybe... ;)

Kantham said:
i had the same idea of ZedMaestro for jail execution in JB-Cosmsos , but whit more ragdoll entertament .. if you understand what i mean

kinda suky execution Zed :p , you just hear this ANOYING breaking glass sound .. and then , jailer are shoted into 'space' :nag:
That execution was damn annoyingly hard to set up. Its not brilliant, but the idea comes across. How do you create more "ragdoll entertainment" when theres nothing in space anyway? ;)

Kantham said:
i know , ZedMaestro and Bareli would say 'WTF'
Would it be funny if i said "WTF"? :rolleyes: :p Least you spelt my name right though :)

Ragna

Was online.
Dec 1, 2004
Sydney, AUS
ZedMaestro, jus one word about JB-SubZero.

The execution idea is sweet but when the monsters break out of the ice it suddenly becomes 10 FPS hell! Use a smaller amout of particles, maybe?

Last edited:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Well, its a bit late for that, but the particles do disappear quite quickly. I think it could be because of everyone suddenly attacking and shooting, combined with the shiny floor... the monsters fire their colourful energy bolts, the prisoners fire their assault rifle, and all this time the shiny floor creates a vague reflection of this. Plus there are loads of grenade projectiles flying and bouncing everywhere.

Generally though, framerates do drop during execution sequences. My old laptop had huge problems drawing the flame effects that are in Arlon and Cavern. But anyway... um... sorry about those fps :hmm: :(

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ZedMaestro said:
That execution was damn annoyingly hard to set up. Its not brilliant, but the idea comes across. How do you create more "ragdoll entertainment" when theres nothing in space anyway? ;)

Zed , i would put somme damn pilard curved behind the door , so you can see the jailers suffer .....'even if there is nothing in space'

and yes , i got about 10 fps when the glasses broke up
just put somme more big glasses fragment and make them throwed more far
would be better if you remove this ANOYING breaking glass sound .. too

Last edited:

57@RDU57

OMGitsfullofstars
Dec 1, 2004
Something, anything, with lots of relatively narrow bridges & walkways over deadly lava/goo would be nice.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The_Head said:
A map that is fun with Instant Gib!

low grav too? once started

57@RDU57 said:
Something, anything, with lots of relatively narrow bridges & walkways over deadly lava/goo would be nice.

mhh , not the whole map ... but sounds o.k.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
NOOOOOOOO not low grav.
hmmmm deadly lava and goo, There are enough JB maps revolving around deadly lava and goo imo. How about an industrial theme similar to maps like 1on1-Roughinery? ie lots of ramps, many routes between the bases etc.
I don't really care about a flashy execution, its the actual gameplay that matters tbh.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The_Head said:
How about an industrial theme similar to maps like 1on1-Roughinery? ie lots of ramps, many routes between the bases etc.
I don't really care about a flashy execution, its the actual gameplay that matters tbh.

do it , you are a mapper right?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
why not , this JB-tomb was ok for me , ... just keep messing around the editor ....

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
anyway , i am making a VCTF , and i wonder if i will mix it for JB200X ,
mhhhh you can see somme shot on attached

and don't worry about fps , i am not Even started whit optimization :D

Attachments

• temp01.jpg
    temp01.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 25
  • temp02.jpg
    temp02.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 28

Ragna

Was online.
Dec 1, 2004
Sydney, AUS
Looks pretty kewl Kantham, I don't get the first screenshot :\, I mean wtf is that place?

EDIT: The windows kinda look like the ones in Spoondog's JB-Heights. If they are, have you asked permission to use them?

Last edited:

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
I`d like to see more Egyptian maps.
They can be a complex tomb, a simple town, they feel ancient and look good
and the bonus part is...the textures should be really easy \o/ :lol:
If someone does make a funky JB map please put in a custom Egyptain tune :) I got afew if anyone is interested :eek:
(there is a map in the old..old JB99 which i really liked, cant remember if it was you spoondog or snowdog. The bots sucked but i liked it all the same :lol: The one with the huge arch and door i think)

Number Guy
Mar 23, 2004
Rhode Island, USA
Windowed-buildings

TheSpoonDog said:
Nah, they're not my windows :p
They're exactly what I've been thinking of implementing in the map that I'm currently picking away at, though. Kantham are those windowed-buildings in your screenshot (and your sig) your own creation or someone elses? I might need to ask permission to use them :)

57@RDU57

OMGitsfullofstars
Dec 1, 2004
Trueblood said:
I`d like to see more Egyptian maps.
They can be a complex tomb, a simple town, they feel ancient and look good
and the bonus part is...the textures should be really easy

Yep, would be nice to see some more Egyptian-themed maps. Preferably medium-sized/larger ones. And someone should really make those mutant carnivorous scarabs (for the execution sequence). :D

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Ok, Most of you probably know I have made JB-Tomb that is egytpian Style.
What I was wondering is what size would u class that as. I would have said medium to large, but its quite cramped.....
I can easily make more, Egyptian is so easy.....

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ok , listen up , those bulding are done in BRYCE 2 , it is an old program i used when i was 9 year old (i am 17 now) ,

i just figured out HOW to make awesome skybox , myself (so what)
so if you guys ever heard about a bryce 2 tutorial for importing the texture inside a box , to make it almost perfect alignated , lol , you rule , caus i am working on a GEOCITIES web site tought ,looking for a tutorial section .... IF i don't losse internet again , damit (it is not ugly , just anoying banners , lol) and MAYBE , if i become more serious whit it , Beyond unreal could maybe Host it , like Spoondog's one (just a example :) )

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ragnar0k said:
Looks pretty kewl Kantham, I don't get the first screenshot :\, I mean wtf is that place?

look for a releasse , then you will know

ragnar0k said:
EDIT: The windows kinda look like the ones in Spoondog's JB-Heights. If they are, have you asked permission to use them?

i don't get it , it is just a simple catwalk whit my TEX ENV MAP texture on it , so ,no need to worry about anything else , ok ..... :D

Last edited: