Your style

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
For your sky textures, apply your 6 textures to an inside out cube in your modeling program and align them correctly. Then import the textures into UnrealEd and set all their Texture > UClampMode & VClampMode to TC_Clamp, so they will always clamp to the edges of the cube. Import your cube mesh, put it in the skybox & set it to unlit.

You may still find that on low detail settings, there may still be lines around the edges. This can be fixed when you create the DDS files, but I don't have time to find the link right now on how to do that - I wouldn't bother anyway, personally.

57@RDU57

OMGitsfullofstars
Dec 1, 2004
The_Head said:
Ok, Most of you probably know I have made JB-Tomb that is egytpian Style. What I was wondering is what size would u class that as. I would have said medium to large, but its quite cramped.....I can easily make more, Egyptian is so easy.....

It's probably "medium", or "small to medium", but like you said it feels a lot smaller than it actually is because it's so cramped. Also it's very linear, which makes it feel smaller still. Personally I'd like to see some more open spaces and z-axis (sniper) action. Grand, sweeping architecture... A couple of ponds or a river that flows through the complex, partially through caves/dungeons... If you're interested I could give this some more thought, maybe come up with a rough layout or something.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
57@RDU57 said:
It's probably "medium", or "small to medium", but like you said it feels a lot smaller than it actually is because it's so cramped. Also it's very linear, which makes it feel smaller still. Personally I'd like to see some more open spaces and z-axis (sniper) action. Grand, sweeping architecture... A couple of ponds or a river that flows through the complex, partially through caves/dungeons... If you're interested I could give this some more thought, maybe come up with a rough layout or something.
Thnx, I may give it a go at some point, although I'm gonna be busy over the next few weeks since I have some exams, I may even do some revision.....
Tomb is like that because it started off as a Dual map for Chaos then I kept adding bits over and over again. Really unorigional but I like it
:lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
the bots are kinda dumb , and the execution simple , but i liked the map ...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
well , honnestly i guess i changed my taste , i would like to do A pwnage map with hourences's texture pack

a map like rankin

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The_Head said:
Have you seen Hourences newest creation, Redkin
I'l sum it up as "wow spitfires......" (you will see)

Kantham said:
02-13-2005 08:23 PM EST Rating: 10
hourences work

what do you expect about anything ''spammy''<

trust me , this map HAVE lots of 3d stuff work on it
the map is just amazing , it worth a good 8.5 for a review i request one if no one did

arcadia , this map could be a nice 51th review :)

I played the map with a friend online
the fps are not so good
the flow is very great
the lighning is funny near the engine room
the plane sound is a bit loud for me , and what he fire at?
the bots are , ok
the map is epic quality
the map make me feel i am inside a kind of side cliff river , and i am inside an industrial pumping rafinery

i loved the movers / espicaly the oil pump one

i will take a look on the editor to see how you dealed with them

i got a bit of CTF-Vector feeling when i played this map ,
there is somme place in the level that remind me somme old idea i planed

the map is very good if you want a good decnt map and you liked Rankin

well done hourences

the score is too hard for me to rate ,
i don't know what to take betwen 8.5 and 10
i can't imagine how you worked hard on the flexed cables

Edit: i agree with Desp#2/Rog
somme ppl might not like this map , lots of ppl rate this map because hourences did it , but they never played it yet ..

and so , acording the screenies and the shot i sawed on his web site , the map is completely diferent from wath i expected , but i got that Rankin taste again

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8169