Your name, say what/who/when/where?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
Once upon a time, enormous black men were allowed to drive jacked up astro vans and be respected. There was a time, when men named murdock chewed on a cigar while shooting people with foriegn russian weapons. There was a time, when people actually respected enjoyed and watched the 80s tv show The
A-Team. Now we live in a society where we need to watch tv shows about guys named dawson and girls named joey. Girls named jack and boys named jill. TV shows like the A-Team, will forever live on in my heart, and the heart of every other 80s child.

*sniff* brings a tear to my eye

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
Made my name back when I was still playing Final Fantasy 4. I also like dragons, so Dracil is made up of (Dra)gon + Ce(cil). And you pronounce it using the same pronounciation as the parts they were taken from. So please say it correctly. (When on those sobserver RW channels, they almost always pronounce my name "Drakil").

ovw

Oct 18, 2000
Central Florida
My name comes from a story I wrote as a kid (3rd or 4th grade), after I saw that horrible james bond movie (with the submersible lotus) "the spy who loved me (?)." I was SOOO disapointed with the movie that I wrote my own spy 'spoof.' It was about a retired kgb agent sent to america to attack our water suppy and sewer system (all the other spies were sick with the flu) with poisonous teddy bears (for resevoirs), and explosive toothpaste (for sewer pipes), but he WAS 79 at the time and forgetful so he tore the heads off the bears and tried flushing them down toilets (which clogged), and dumped pounds of 'toothpaste' into lakes where they harmlessly exploded. ALL, however was not lost, as he had the opportunity to stay in VERY posh howard johnsons's as he journeyed across america. I have long since lost the story, but have kept the name. When I first join 'america on-hold' I had to shortened it to its current form because of character length limits. Whats REALLY cool is that for christmas last year my girlfriend did a formal portrait of me AS the great super spy, Otto Von Whistlewing, as he would have appeared, back in his heroic days during World War II, or as HE prefers to refer to it, the Great Patriotic War.

OVW

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Easy.

I used to be Draconion for the longest time, but there was something wrong with that (Draconians are corrupted, humanoid dragon-spawn. They were meant to be assault shock troops for the Dark Queen Takhisis (world of Krynn and Dragonlance), but most turned out to be too dumb and were grunts instead. Known to be simple-minded and vicious (hey!).

Maybe that's why I changed it :D Although there were so many variations you could do with it...Like Dr. Aconion, or Drac-Onion, the Onion flavored DragonMeat.

But that's when I was 14 and easily amused.

Now it's Damodred, taken from family Damodred from Robert Jordan's excellent Wheel of Time books. I liked the house name, and I wasn't vain enough to take the badass evil guys Sammael, Demandred or Asmodean (besides, I figured they'd be taken already and I was right). I've been Damodred now for the last 6 years or so, and I get much amusement out of people trying to pronounce or write it properly...variants range from DamoHead to DamIt! :) I respond to either Damo or Dred as well.

[L]-Damodred

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
Well, I play as Shagrat, which any self respecting geek knows is an orc from Lord of the Rings. I just picked it for a UT name out of the blue. (I love LOTR)