Your most memorable game tune

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

recon1337

Halo boy
Mar 25, 2003
CA, USA
Visit site
man. why are most of you like the old school stuff?? there's alot of good new stuff out there, should look into it.

but i'm not saying old school stuff are bad

Last edited:

Scuddie

I am probably better than you.
Sep 29, 2001
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, The Medieval man, AKA Welcome to the World of Warcraft. Best disco song ever! :D

On a more serious note, pretty much all Warcraft II songs I know by heart, it was an awesome sound track. Also, most of Tiberian Dawn's soundtrack I liked, Act on Instinct most of all.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
Which level are you refering to? Technically, the original Megaman had six "first levels".

Don't quote me on the name, but the one were you fight Electro and must defeat him with the boomerang.

On the Tetris note, it was good and all but, being as it was an existing classical tune I didn't count it. No, that's a lie... :D I just never was much into the puzzle games :D

Looks like most of us ARE old school :lol: So that would explain us quoting the old games. New ones are cool and all but, man, it's just so different. Now you have "scores" back then it was just an 8bit track that was about thirty seconds long (if your lucky), repeating forever. Had they been smart they could have put little subliminal(sp) notes in there and we'd all be doing taxes or buying more Sony products, or eating at McDonalds all the time, etc :D

Streaks - who's off to......grraabb....ssooommee....McDoonnnaallldddsss *mindlessly shambles out of house* :D :lol:

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Don't quote me on the name, but the one were you fight Electro and must defeat him with the boomerang.
That would be Elec Man, the dumbest Megaman name ever. ;)

Run, children! Fear his elec!

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
i still want an official count on how many of the baddies names, in all the games combined didnt have "man" in it...maybe about 3 :D ..the only one they need in the next megaman is "|_337 /\/\4|\|" /\/\364 /\/\4[\] ><

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
omg wtf bbq why would anyone ever CHOSE to be ken over ryu - the only people who played ken were the gaysters who thought they were being really alternative..

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Yes, Elec Man was lame. But I dug the music on his level, well ok I dug the music on most of the franchise :)

anaemic - ssoo...your saying you didn't like Ken eh? :) I played Ken all the time. But, in my defence, it was after getting good at all the characters. I like the reach of Ken's dragon punch. Also, he's quick. Ryu did tons of damage but was a little slower so, I stuck with Ken as I tend to play more of a reflex/reaction game vs all the big combos.

Also note, I stopped playing once they went past Turbo. The timing was perfect in SF2:T IMO.

And lay off the flames will ya? I may have played a character you disliked but I'm not so wrapped up with it that I flame out others who don't :D

Streaks

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
If you think the "Man" trend on the Megaman games is bad, check out the MegamanX games. Every stage boss is named after some kind of animal. Storm Eagle, Chill Penguin, Frost Walrus, Web Spider (that's original)...

I just wish one of the MM games had MothMonsterMan :D

Methinks only Ranger will get that one. ;)

w00p

Windows at its best
Nobody has mentioned Age of Empires series? o_O
I've got AoE2: age of kings, and I rememnber that, while I was a heated AoE2 player, I constantly annoyed everybody by humming those songs... :D
it was really subconcious! I would be sitting in the class, and the teacher would tell me to stop singing, and I'm like "what the...?" "you where singing, and disturbing!" "I wasn't singing" *entire class laughs very loud and very long*

Oh, and the INF menu music, I alwyas humm it while its playing, and my sister attempts to humm with me, and she goes randomly from totally enknown melody to toally unknown melody... :D

Last edited:

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Yes, the drum intro to the INF music is the trigger for that tune poping in my head!

Guess as far as modern games go, of late I've been playing a lot of Rise of Nations. Very nice music! The Russian is my favorite tune so far :)

Streaks

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
If you think the "Man" trend on the Megaman games is bad, check out the MegamanX games. Every stage boss is named after some kind of animal. Storm Eagle, Chill Penguin, Frost Walrus, Web Spider (that's original)...

I just wish one of the MM games had MothMonsterMan :D

Methinks only Ranger will get that one. ;)

haha yea i had that megaman X i still remember getting the X upgrade behind the water fall on web spiders level haha :D ..i believe it was the hover boots ;)

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Yup. If you entered in a special code, that's also the capsule that gets you the Super armor (unlimited nova strikes. Kills most bosses in a few hits.)

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Anything Final Fantasy.

The boss combat from number ff6, the boss music from ff7, the normal combat from ff7, Jenova's combat music from FF7, Cid's theme from ff7 as well, and of course, Yuffie's happy little tune. I'm always humming that one as I bounce down the side walk. Yes, I'm disturbed and damn proud of it.

And the Chocobo music. I wonder if there is a CD you can buy with every single Chocobo song on it. Now that would be money well spent.

And, of course, the greatest song ever from the greatest game ever...

THE BUBBLE BOBBLE SONG! That was an incredibly repetitive song that never made me bored to listen to it. Plus it had the most evil main character. Come on, those little dragons trap you in bubbles, kill you by touching said bubbles, then consume your soul which as just turned into a food product. Evil, I tell you, I love 'em so.

Streaks

Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Oh....my God.......Bubble Bobble......sweet merciful crap, I'd finally forced that out of my mind and you had to bring it up again!!!!

nnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!

*runs screaming into the night, looking for an old NES box*

Streaks - :D

melagne

blah
Dec 6, 2002
Yeah, TA was a nice change with its epic orchestral feel...

I remember the music to shareware Descent.... those were the days...

Arcanum also had wierd kind of mournful 1800's violin music... suited the game nicely imho.